dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Is anyone aware of optional 19” sizes on the 4s that would work? The base 225/55/19 (F) and 275/45/19 (R) don’t seem to have good tire options (Hankook Evo3 for Sport and Conti ProContact RX for All Season). I need to jump to 255/50/19 (F) and 285/45/19 (R) which works from a overall diameter perspective but not sure if that works from a width/wheel offset perspective. Guidance appreciated.

Would prefer the extra sidewall height of the 19s (and save $2K) but may jump to 20 to get the PS4s if there are no good optional sizes for the 19s.

Thx in advance.
Are the Hankook Evo3 what come stock with the 4S? I ordered with the 19", but didn't bother to ask. I, too, like the extra bit of sidewall and as long as the tire performs well in the Florida rain it doesn't matter too much to me. I trust Porsche not to choose a sub-par OE model for their vehicle.

My guess is the stock rims won't support the additional width of the 255 and 285, respectively. Maybe more options will become available later in the year.
Sponsored

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello,

Would prefer the extra sidewall height of the 19s (and save $2K) but may jump to 20 to get the PS4s if there are no good optional sizes for the 19s.
Taste is taste, but I would recommend to choose the 20" anyway. At least in my case, looking at the real car, I would not like smaller rims, really not.

Cheers,
Henrik

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Are the Hankook Evo3 what come stock with the 4S? I ordered with the 19", but didn't bother to ask. I, too, like the extra bit of sidewall and as long as the tire performs well in the Florida rain it doesn't matter too much to me. I trust Porsche not to choose a sub-par OE model for their vehicle.

My guess is the stock rims won't support the additional width of the 255 and 285, respectively. Maybe more options will become available later in the year.
Hi - yes - Hankook Evo3s (N/Porsche Spec) for Summers or the Contis in N Spec for the All Season option in 19s. In the 20s, Summers are N Spec Michelin PS4.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag
Hello,

Taste is taste, but I would recommend to choose the 20" anyway. At least in my case, looking at the real car, I would not like smaller rims, really not.

Cheers,
Henrik
Thanks Henrik - your wheels (20s) definitely look great on the G-Blue! Maybe I will just go with the 20s as well.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Which one of these is the wheel size you need to spec to make the car 1.378m tall overall?