Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Luckily my email came through changing me to Octopus go from midnight tonight so I’m going to set a timer for a cheap top up between 0030 and 0430. 66% charge currently so should top me up nicely and cheaply.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes, company car but my only option is to claim 4p a mile as we only pay Gov approved rates.

Pretty miffed by this to be honest. Last 2 years been running a c63 AMG and the 21p ish per mile covered my fuel comfortably.

Gone electric and not being covered? Doesn’t feel right. I’m currently on 16p a kWh that will go down to 14kwh and 4 hours of 5p a kWh hours but even at the reduced rates is going to be difficult to break even. I thought I was going to be quids in!

I’ve got the smaller battery but guess all relative cost per kw.
I am slightly confused by your posts about the reimbursements for mileage. If I recall correctly there have been others on here that have the car as a company car. And I thought the main benefit from that was the very low or no Benefit In Kind taxataion. I think I saw 0% going to 1 % or so in the future. Surely that must be a great benefit to you compared to a C63 AMG?

Have I missed something here?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Yes, aware of the 85% charge thing. Today I set of on full 100% and 110 miles later had 60 miles and 30% charge left. I’m not sure I’d be happy setting off on 85%!
My suggestion is if you need to charge higher than 85% use departure time as much as possible, that way the car will charge to 100% close to the time you set off and it doesn’t sit at 100% charge. The main concern is to let the car sit at full charge for long periods of time.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I am slightly confused by your posts about the reimbursements for mileage. If I recall correctly there have been others on here that have the car as a company car. And I thought the main benefit from that was the very low or no Benefit In Kind taxataion. I think I saw 0% going to 1 % or so in the future. Surely that must be a great benefit to you compared to a C63 AMG?

Have I missed something here?
Hi- I’m referring to how much I can claim back per work mile. BIK is associated with the monthly cost, which as you say is very low. I wasn’t paying BIK on the merc c63 as took a cash equivalent from the company and just bought the c63.
Sponsored