First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

First post on the forum. I picked up my 4S on Friday and thought I’d say hi.

It’s a bit bloody good! It’s my first electric car, and I’m enjoying it a lot. I came from a Macan GTS which was awesome, and the Taycan is obviously a totally different proposition.

I’m sure I’ll post more with thoughts and experiences as I get to know, use and enjoy the car, but my initial thoughts are as follows;

The car is wider than I thought. I’d not seen one in the metal until I picked my car up, but the width surprised me - in a good way.

Love the power delivery. The acceleration is addictive, but it’s the 60mph + that to me seems most impressive.

The comfort is amazing. It’s certainly more refined than I expected. The standard seats are more than enough for me, and the few passengers I’ve taken out have commented on how smooth and comfy the car is, even when pressing on. I’m surrounded by bumpy b-roads and despite the weight the car handles amazingly.

My only complaint so far is regarding charging. I haven’t ‘needed’ to use public chargers yet, but have tried 4. None of them worked. Not even a bit.

At home, I haven’t yet had the thick 6mm cable installed so am using the 13amp plug. It’s woeful - 10 hours charging gets 25% battery. It’s ok for now, semi-lockdown means daily use isn’t required, but I couldn’t see it being sustainable in normal times if it was my only option.

I didn’t spec Bose in the Taycan. Reason being is I didn’t in the Macan either and the standard stereo was more than good enough for my ears. The Taycan however is not as good. I’m not a huge audiophile, but appreciate a decent sound. It’s not terrible, just a bit disappointing compared to the Macan. It’s the bass that’s lacking.

All in all, I’m very happy. The car is drawing so much attention it’s unreal. That may or may not be good in your opinion, but it is a measure of how it stands out. I’m looking forward to driving it more and getting to know the car better.

5C73A7AD-1C56-496D-AE22-40FD29CC2F1C.jpeg
I have only just joined the forum and I’m busy looking through various threads as I intend part exchanging my 2018 Macan GTS (wife’s) and my 2019 718 Boxster GTS for a Porsche approved used Taycan 4.
So I’m pleased to see this thread and that others have changed from a Macan to a Taycan and have no regrets. I am concerned about the charging of the car however as I planned to simply plug it into a 13 amp socket for starters. I’m not sure how I’ll get a 6mm cable through to my garage from my fuse box at the other end of the house. There is a brand new 7kw charge point 2 miles down the road at my local leisure centre and I go there most days so hopefully it will be ok. My wife and I have been across to Europe several times in my Boxster to do the Alpine passes etc but I’m not sure if it will be so easy in a Taycan for a number of reasons. I was also looking at doing the NC 500 in my Boxster but had read that some of the roads are very narrow indeed so was having second thoughts. Would be even worse in a Taycan!

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have only just joined the forum and I’m busy looking through various threads as I intend part exchanging my 2018 Macan GTS (wife’s) and my 2019 718 Boxster GTS for a Porsche approved used Taycan 4.
So I’m pleased to see this thread and that others have changed from a Macan to a Taycan and have no regrets. I am concerned about the charging of the car however as I planned to simply plug it into a 13 amp socket for starters. I’m not sure how I’ll get a 6mm cable through to my garage from my fuse box at the other end of the house. There is a brand new 7kw charge point 2 miles down the road at my local leisure centre and I go there most days so hopefully it will be ok. My wife and I have been across to Europe several times in my Boxster to do the Alpine passes etc but I’m not sure if it will be so easy in a Taycan for a number of reasons. I was also looking at doing the NC 500 in my Boxster but had read that some of the roads are very narrow indeed so was having second thoughts. Would be even worse in a Taycan!
As advised by many long term EV owners, don’t rely on charging outside of your home as it will frustrate you. Running the 6 cable would be easier than you think. I’m getting it done in an apartment block and until that will use the 3pin 13amp. But it takes 36hours as opposed to 11 hours

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
As advised by many long term EV owners, don’t rely on charging outside of your home as it will frustrate you. Running the 6 cable would be easier than you think. I’m getting it done in an apartment block and until that will use the 3pin 13amp. But it takes 36hours as opposed to 11 hours
yeah - forget about 13smp unless you plan to drive less than 30 miles a day abs can safely charge for 14hrs a day! Maybe you’ve a meter box to cable from that’s handier - the cable doesn’t have to come from your distrubution board if an ECB can be fitted adjacent to your meter!

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
My son is planning to walk the West Highland Way for charity next year and I was looking at the possibilities of driving him up to Scotland and doing the NC500 and a bit of mountain biking whilst he is walking.
Looking at ABRP, the route should be relatively (by EV standards) straightforward. Hopefully the Porsche dealer at Glasgow has a high speed charger by then!

Irony: My son is walking for charity to raise funds for the mountain rescue team that stabilised him after a climbing accident before the air ambulance got to him. He has been living back at home since Oct 2019 and after COVID related cancellations we have finally got a date for his skull reconstruction. So even though my 4S will be at the dealer next week, I have got to self isolate with him until at least 10th Dec! I'm not certain whether I want the dealer to send me picks or not

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My son is planning to walk the West Highland Way for charity next year and I was looking at the possibilities of driving him up to Scotland and doing the NC500 and a bit of mountain biking whilst he is walking.
Looking at ABRP, the route should be relatively (by EV standards) straightforward. Hopefully the Porsche dealer at Glasgow has a high speed charger by then!

Irony: My son is walking for charity to raise funds for the mountain rescue team that stabilised him after a climbing accident before the air ambulance got to him. He has been living back at home since Oct 2019 and after COVID related cancellations we have finally got a date for his skull reconstruction. So even though my 4S will be at the dealer next week, I have got to self isolate with him until at least 10th Dec! I'm not certain whether I want the dealer to send me picks or not
Holy cow, that sounds like quite the ordeal. I hope things go well and best wishes to your son and family.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
yeah - forget about 13smp unless you plan to drive less than 30 miles a day abs can safely charge for 14hrs a day! Maybe you’ve a meter box to cable from that’s handier - the cable doesn’t have to come from your distrubution board if an ECB can be fitted adjacent to your meter!
80% of the time is 8-25miles per day. 19% of the time about 60miles

OP
OP
JonNic

JonNic

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mini John Cooper Works
Country flag
So it’s been a while since I checked in on the forum and saw the responses to my post!

For those that asked, the NC500 was amazing. Exceeded my expectations and if it is on your bucket list then do it. It’s got to be the perfect antidote for months of lockdown.

But..... I’m glad I took the Mini JCW and not the Taycan. Charging would definitely have been an issue, but more so the width and weight would have spoiled the fun.

Don’t get me wrong, the Taycan would have been a good companion for the long slog up to Scotland and back, but it’s no mountain goat!

Porsche Taycan 2 days in to my 4S 98F3FFF9-37E0-4F47-9CC7-0CBF73316093

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
@JonNic Great picture, but now I HAVE to do the NC500 in a Taycan!
Sponsored