achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
Wanted to get expert opinion from folks here. I am looking to buy a CPO Taycan and see a 2021 4S with approx. 12k mile and a 2022 RWD with approx. 5k miles. Both are priced around 85k.

RWD has - Premium Package, 14-Way Power Seats w/Memory Package, Adaptive Air Suspension w/PASM, Ambient Lighting, Front Seat Ventilation, Heated GT Steering Wheel, Ionizer, Lane Change Assist (LCA), LED-Matrix Design Headlights w/PDLS+, Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh), Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Power Charge Port Cover, Power Folding Exterior Mirrors, Rear 2+1 Seats, Rear Axle Steering, Sport Chrono Package, Storage Package, Surround View, 20" Sport Aero Wheels.

4S has - Premium Package, 14-Way Power Seats w/Memory Package, 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger, 25 Ft Charging Cable, Front Seat Ventilation, Heated GT Steering Wheel, Ionizer, Lane Change Assist (LCA), LED-Matrix Design Headlights w/PDLS+, Mobile Charger Connect, On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger, Passenger Display, Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh), Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Rear 2+1 Seats, Sport Chrono Package, Storage Package, Surround View, Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass, 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels.

I don't plan to take my car to the track so don't care much for the speed. Which car would you recommend and which one would you buy?

Appreciate your feedback.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I don't plan to take my car to the track so don't care much for the speed
So what are the important considerations for you?

OP
OP

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what are the important considerations for you?
Must haves - Battery PB+, Adaptive Air Suspension w/PASM, Premium Package and Porsche Intelligent Range Manager. Both the cars have these options.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
All depends on your preferences. To me all these options do not really matter and the RWD is fast enough.
I would pick the RWD because it has lower mileage.

Pick the one that has the color that you like most. :) Or do they have the same color ?

OP
OP

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All depends on your preferences. To me all these options do not really matter and the RWD is fast enough.
I would pick the RWD because it has lower mileage.

Pick the one that has the color that you like most. :) Or do they have the same color ?
RWD is grey and 4S is Cherry Red. I like both colors. :)

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
RWD is grey and 4S is Cherry Red. I like both colors. :)
aha, That changes my choice. I would take the red 4S.

Good luck. I am sure you will be happy with both options.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I personally choose the 4S since one day you will realize how sluggish the RWD feels off the line and you'll want more power. I'd also personally plan in the cost of some new wheels as I don't like either of the wheel options but that's just my personal taste.

My car is coming up on 12K miles and feels amazing still so I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage difference.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Agreed. When the inventory was super low I was ready to buy the only Taycan available. It was a RWD and by just looking at the website I was ready to buy it. It was in 2021.
I drove it and he took me 5 minutes to realized it was to slow to my taste.
if the speed is not your thing go for it.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Wanted to get expert opinion from folks here. I am looking to buy a CPO Taycan and see a 2021 4S with approx. 12k mile and a 2022 RWD with approx. 5k miles. Both are priced around 85k.

RWD has - Premium Package, 14-Way Power Seats w/Memory Package, Adaptive Air Suspension w/PASM, Ambient Lighting, Front Seat Ventilation, Heated GT Steering Wheel, Ionizer, Lane Change Assist (LCA), LED-Matrix Design Headlights w/PDLS+, Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh), Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Power Charge Port Cover, Power Folding Exterior Mirrors, Rear 2+1 Seats, Rear Axle Steering, Sport Chrono Package, Storage Package, Surround View, 20" Sport Aero Wheels.

4S has - Premium Package, 14-Way Power Seats w/Memory Package, 19.2 kW AC On-Board Charger, 25 Ft Charging Cable, Front Seat Ventilation, Heated GT Steering Wheel, Ionizer, Lane Change Assist (LCA), LED-Matrix Design Headlights w/PDLS+, Mobile Charger Connect, On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger, Passenger Display, Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh), Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Rear 2+1 Seats, Sport Chrono Package, Storage Package, Surround View, Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass, 20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels.

I don't plan to take my car to the track so don't care much for the speed. Which car would you recommend and which one would you buy?

My two cents.................My car is a 2021 4S......Metallic Cherry 🍒. I had to take it in for service last week and the loaner that I received was a RWD. Within a mile of leaving the dealership I knew that RWD is not for me - pretty much the same car (options) but the acceleration of the RWD is just not there. Of course the part that needed replacing on my car (Airbag sensor) was back ordered. Without hesitation I told the dealer that I would bring the loaner back, pick my car up and drive it until the sensor came in. Just me, but I would purchase the 4S hands down...................especially in Metallic Cherry!😜

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
Before I bought - I spent back to back 5 days in a RWD and one day in a 4S (they offered me it for a week - I just needed the one day) - no brainer for me - take the 4S - not a color thing - simply for the buzz …..

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

I actually like the RWD a lot. However, if you are the type of person that routinely floors your current vehicles then the extra power may be of value to you.

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
4s for me!! I have an ice grey ST4s and I love it, when I was buying from new my original choice was RWD , I took it for a road test and changed my mind instantly. You wouldn’t buy a 2.0l 911 would you?

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I actually like the RWD a lot. However, if you are the type of person that routinely floors your current vehicles then the extra power may be of value to you.
If you're on the fence regarding the 4S & RWD and money is a consideration, I'd recommend driving the RWD in everyday traffic.

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
It really depends on where you live and what matters most. I travel between D.C. and VA Beach and have no need for anything fast. As others mentioned it's the options that matter. My 22 RWD is heavily optioned and I feel It's still too fast for Virginia roads. I'm glad I didn't listen to my dad who was pushing me to get the 4S and he agreed upon riding in the RWD.
Sponsored