First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Interestingly, I just found out the base Taycan does not qualify for the CA HOV carpool sticker. I've submitted a completed Statement of Facts (REG 256) to the Department of Motor Vehicles, Special Processing Unit – MS D238, a couple of months ago without any feedback. Therefore, I went ahead and reached out to the customer service rep, and this is what I got back:

"The vehicle list, https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/eligible-carpool-sticker-list , is current and up-to-date. Manufacturers submit their vehicles for the Eligible Carpool Sticker List for each year so vehicles can and will be added. If you feel like a specific year vehicle meets the standards set forth by the Clean Air Vehicle Decal Program you will need to contact the manufacturer directly to determine when they plan on submitting the vehicle. Vehicles do not get carried over every year and manufacturers must submit for every year independently. Your vehicle is not eligible for the program until it is specifically included on the list. You can find the manufacturers contact information in the owner’s manual or online on their website."​

If you go to this link, you will see the test group doesn't include the base Taycan:
Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Base Model, (CA) HOV Carpool Sticker Capture.JPG

So, I guess us base Taycan owners are SOL for now if you want an HOV carpool sticker.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
That looks to be out-dated info. If you look at the signed formed. It's dated Oct 12th, 2020. So most likely don't have any 2021 info. The cross turismo is included on the main page, but yet, not listed in the test group form. That's my best guess. Government agencies are not the fastest when it comes to paperwork. Maybe in a few months, it'll be updated to the latest model year? Not sure.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP
rx7arai

rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
That looks to be out-dated info. If you look at the signed formed. It's dated Oct 12th, 2020. So most likely don't have any 2021 info. The cross turismo is included on the main page, but yet, not listed in the test group form. That's my best guess. Government agencies are not the fastest when it comes to paperwork. Maybe in a few months, it'll be updated to the latest model year? Not sure.

-ThinkMac-
That was my thought too. Although the customer service rep confirmed that's the most “up-to-date” document (dated in Oct of last year), I guess we will just have to hang tight until the government finishes dialing into their AOL account and check their emails.

Last edited:

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
I'm glad I don't have to put those ugly stickers on my car.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was looking into it and then saw this part about annual income. So now I need to spend time reading the requirements.

7CEC4762-E279-4A22-AAFF-55FDEF799A00.jpeg
I think we are good and will qualify for the CAV program, we just won't qualify for the CVRP program.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
You also have to get the CAV Fasttrack Flex transponder to take advantage of using the Express lanes (at least in the Bay Area). There are different transponders. Make sure to get the CAV version. Which requires you prove that you already have the CAV decals with the DMV CAV registration sheet that came with the stickers.

-ThinkMac-

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Went through this process and it was smoother than expected. All those CA tax dollars doing something right I guess!

Get the stickers first, that gives you a CAV certification. You'll need to upload a picture of that certification to get a special CAV transponder from Bay Area FastTrack.

Once you have all this, many of the express lanes become magically free! And now I can go across the San Mateo bridge for $3.50 instead of the $6 it cost me before.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
So glad to hear they do not place those stickers directly on the vehicle. I was worried my GTS ST would come with them on it.
Sponsored