jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Yes I’m aware of that. 10 pistons to 6 pistons. But at least the disc remains almost the same size, going from 415 mm to 410 mm.
My comment was whether anyone have seen other real life pictures of the MY2021 PSCB?
Maybe the big disc helps so the brakes still looks better than the standard red brakes, with smaller disc.
The picture I posted is a real life picture of the six-pot PSCB. The disc is basically the same size but the caliper is much smaller.
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I try not to look at PCCBs as I’d desperately love them but can’t justify the cost. In forum spirit just checked configurator and the little i for info says they are still 10 pot, 420mm front discs 410mm rear discs. Look amazing!
Yes - look great but over-engineered for a car that you will largely brake using the motor as opposed to the brakes (unless you are tracking/racing the car of course!). Also the new ones are lighter weight by a considerable margin so I guess make the overall unsprung mass across all 4 corners better...I'd take that over aesthetics

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
I try not to look at PCCBs as I’d desperately love them but can’t justify the cost. In forum spirit just checked configurator and the little i for info says they are still 10 pot, 420mm front discs 410mm rear discs. Look amazing!
Yes I am led to believe that there are no changes being made the calliper size of the PCCB’s.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Found another MY2021 car with the new and smaller 6 pistons caliber on the PSCB. And the second picture is the MY2020 version.

One positive thing with the 2021 version, besides being 11 kg lighter, is that it somehow looks more balanced in terms of proportions. That said, big calibers is always nice :)

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures 4DE60F43-9C02-4236-954C-AEF13DA847F8

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan in Chalk color - first pictures 0DFA0284-7336-4074-AE8B-71544359F3F9

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Yes - look great but over-engineered for a car that you will largely brake using the motor as opposed to the brakes (unless you are tracking/racing the car of course!). Also the new ones are lighter weight by a considerable margin so I guess make the overall unsprung mass across all 4 corners better...I'd take that over aesthetics
To be fair all Porsche brakes are over engineered and if unsprung mass is your main reason for choosing your brakes then you would definitely go with PCCB’s. They are considerably lighter than PSCB’s, even those fitted with the new smaller callipers.
It’s sad but true that most people choose PCCB’s because of their aesthetics rather than their superior performance, a statement which could equally apply to many of the available options. I am afraid placing form over function is a reality of life in so many regards and I confess to conscientiously falling into that trap on numerous occasions.:CWL:

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
So one of the reasons that Porsche (at least what I read and heard) didn't want to have the Mission E wheels as a stand alone opinion without the PSCB was that the larger callipers would block air from coming into the wheel wells and cause noise... I guess with the new smaller callipers with Mission E's, it's not a problem anymore... I have the Mission E on my 4S with standard red callipers and have no issues...
Sponsored