2022 Taycan options. Lock date soon! Opinion Welcome!

gcrich1216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi Guys,

I'm a long reader but this first time poster. I've learned a lot from this group. Recently I've already put a custom order for Taycan RWD. Please take a look and let me know if I'm missing any important feature. Really appreciate it!!
- Frozen Berry (My wife loves this color)
- 20'' Taycan Turbo Aeo Wheels
- Premium Package
- Electric Sports Sound
- Performance Battery Plus
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Seat Heating
- On-board 150kW/400V DC Charger
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

Few options I'm still struggling with:
- Adaptive air suspension with Smart Lift (PASM)
  • Not sure whether I can still lift the car on a bump without this feature? What will happen if I press the lift button on driver panel without this feature?
- Interior Accents in Neodyme
Sponsored

Last edited:

ACGNerd

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan RWD in Frozen Blue Metallic
Country flag
Nice build!
A couple suggestions:
  • If you get the Frozen Berry exterior, then I will highly suggest you the " Leather Interior in Blackberry " for the interior, it is a very subtle purple and it goes well with the exterior color, and it goes extremely well with Neodyme accent too! You and your wife are gonna love it.
  • The air suspension not only lifts the car, it also makes the car more comfortable on Normal mode(as well as more sporty on sport mode), it filters out the small bumps in the road and helps a little with the road noise. For me I think that is a must for any car worths more than 70k, but it is up to you.
  • Also I think you can also consider getting the insulated glass option, which can filter out more wind noise on highways; and adding massage front seats will please your wife too.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Hi Guys,

I'm a long reader but this first time poster. I've learned a lot from this group. Recently I've already put a custom order for Taycan RWD. Please take a look and let me know if I'm missing any important feature. Really appreciate it!!
- Frozen Berry (My wife loves this color)
- 20'' Taycan Turbo Aeo Wheels
- Premium Package
- Electric Sports Sound
- Performance Battery Plus
- Deletion of Model Designation
- Seat Heating
- On-board 150kW/400V DC Charger
- Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

Few options I'm still struggling with:
- Adaptive air suspension with Smart Lift (PASM)
  • Not sure whether I can still lift the car on a bump without this feature? What will happen if I press the lift button on driver panel without this feature?
- Interior Accents in Neodyme

Very nice spec. Front heat seating comes as standard and the premium package will give you cooled/ventilated seats, do you mean rear heat seating? Unless you have tons of rear passengers, might be wasted money. The sport sound is pretty cool, but I left it off my CT4 build after having it on my 4S. It was on for a month and left off ever since. Some folks love it though, I just felt there were better places to put the money.

I would definitely get the PASM. Ride quality is silky smooth and if you have a high incline driveway or have areas you are worried about bottoming your car, you can lift the ride, and the system will remember where you did this, preparing your car the next time you are in the area.

Is this something you plan to road trip or will it just be a commuter car? If you plan to keep it around town, the range manager and on board 150kw charger might just be wasted options. Even the PB+ battery might (although to me this option is a biggie whenever it comes to resale values). That said, I optioned my car with these things because I like taking it places and doing an EV road trip. But if you only drive in a 30 mile loop everyday, it's overkill.

Again though, beautiful build.

OP
OP

gcrich1216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nice build!
A couple suggestions:
  • If you get the Frozen Berry exterior, then I will highly suggest you the " Leather Interior in Blackberry " for the interior, it is a very subtle purple and it goes well with the exterior color, and it goes extremely well with Neodyme accent too! You and your wife are gonna love it.
  • The air suspension not only lifts the car, it also makes the car more comfortable on Normal mode(as well as more sporty on sport mode), it filters out the small bumps in the road and helps a little with the road noise. For me I think that is a must for any car worths more than 70k, but it is up to you.
  • Also I think you can also consider getting the insulated glass option, which can filter out more wind noise on highways; and adding massage front seats will please your wife too.
Appreciate your first response for my post! Really good suggestion!
I'll seriously consider to add the adaptive air suspension and insulated windows to my option list. I also like the Neodyme accents and massage chairs but my budget is limit.

OP
OP

gcrich1216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Very nice spec. Front heat seating comes as standard and the premium package will give you cooled/ventilated seats, do you mean rear heat seating? Unless you have tons of rear passengers, might be wasted money. The sport sound is pretty cool, but I left it off my CT4 build after having it on my 4S. It was on for a month and left off ever since. Some folks love it though, I just felt there were better places to put the money.

I would definitely get the PASM. Ride quality is silky smooth and if you have a high incline driveway or have areas you are worried about bottoming your car, you can lift the ride, and the system will remember where you did this, preparing your car the next time you are in the area.

Is this something you plan to road trip or will it just be a commuter car? If you plan to keep it around town, the range manager and on board 150kw charger might just be wasted options. Even the PB+ battery might (although to me this option is a biggie whenever it comes to resale values). That said, I optioned my car with these things because I like taking it places and doing an EV road trip. But if you only drive in a 30 mile loop everyday, it's overkill.

Again though, beautiful build.
Actually seat heating is for both front and back seats at the option description and that's why I consider to add it in my option list. It's so weird that front seats heating is not available by default.

I want to keep it as a commuter car and I agree with you that range manager and on-board 150KW option is a waste of money. I'll delete those options and add PASM into my option list to make the car more fun to drive.

Great suggestions and appreciate your reply.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Actually seat heating is for both front and back seats at the option description and that's why I consider to add it in my option list. It's so weird that front seats heating is not available by default.

I want to keep it as a commuter car and I agree with you that range manager and on-board 150KW option is a waste of money. I'll delete those options and add PASM into my option list to make the car more fun to drive.

If you look at standard features on a Taycan front passenger heating is standard in the US. Only the backseat is not.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's so weird that front seats heating is not available by default.
We are in this process building right now as well, I just want to make sure you are clear. Front seat heating is standard on all Taycans. If you select it in your configuration you are selecting to add it to the rear seats as well. Ventilation in the front seats is not standard and needs to be added separately or is included in the Premium Package.

edit: Sorry, I didn’t see riburn had posted this already.

OP
OP

gcrich1216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Appreciate your input!! You're correct that seat heating for front seat is available by default. The option description is so misleading to let me think that this package is for both front and back seat.
Sponsored