2025 Frozen Blue Metallic Taycan color same as pre-refresh?

jumaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Hi all. I wanted to buy a 2025 Taycan base model as my first car and first EV. I love the frozen blue metallic when I’ve seen it in person on the first gen Taycans. But I’m confused bc the color looks significantly different in the online configuration for 2025 models yet it has the same name.

Is it expected to be the actual same color as the older Taycans?

Any other first time car buying advice? I think the build allocations at the car stores near me lock in a couple weeks for July delivery. Thanks!
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi all. I wanted to buy a 2025 Taycan base model as my first car and first EV. I love the frozen blue metallic when I’ve seen it in person on the first gen Taycans. But I’m confused bc the color looks significantly different in the online configuration for 2025 models yet it has the same name.

Any other first time car buying advice? I think the build allocations at the car stores near me lock in a couple weeks for July delivery. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations that you're looking at a Taycan to be your first car.
I'd be very surprised if Porsche changed a colour while keeping the same name (not only would that cause confusion, Porsche maintain a vast catalogue of colours including multiple shades of blue and I get the impression that they're always happy to create a new entry) but I see your point when I check the configurator, it does look very different, but then the original configure also rendered it poorly IMO (e.g. the real colour thankfully has none of the metallic silveriness that I see in the renders).
I won't offer any general buying advice as I'm in the UK and I think you'll get more relevant thoughts from our US members.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

Would your dealer have any samples they can show you before you order, so that you can be sure what it is you are ordering? If they use old samples and the new color is in fact different, you can refuse delivery on this basis.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@jumaro If you want detailed comments about potential Taycan configuration options, post the Porsche code for the car you are considering.

OP
OP

jumaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Same coiour

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Comments on your build - mainly things to consider adding:
Consider:
--wheel center caps with colored Porsche crest
--Porsche crest on front headrests
Summer tires are standard. If you want all-season tires you must option them.
Seats you have are not ventilated. If you want ventilated seats you should option the 14-way front seats.
You have optioned insulated glass. Some in here with that glass report problems with phone reception in the car.
Performance battery plus is good option you have selected.
Consider adding 2+1 rear seats. It eliminates a plastic barrier dividing the back seats. Better looking back seat area and more usable space, even for two passengers.
If you do much interstate/long-distance driving, consider adding adaptive cruise control. It can also help in congested traffic. Yes, opinions on ACC in this forum will vary. I like it.
Enjoy your car.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Looks like a nice build. I have someone that lives close by to me that has Frozen Blue Metallic for their Taycan and it looks WAY better in person than what is shown in the configurator. The Taycan is a fairly wide car and I find having the Surround View is quite helpful. The Bose system I think is nice too. I know someone already mentioned the Porsche crests in the headrests, which are certainly not a must, but are a really nice touch to the interior. Order your car and enjoy it! It did get me to thinking about my first car, which was actually a pickup truck. It had manual windows, no radio, no power steering, and no air-conditioning, so you are definitely killing it! 👍

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A few suggestions: Unless you absolutely love the panoramic roof, I'd lose that and the insulated glass and use that $3K+ and spring for the extended leather in gray. Then I'd add the Bose . I think you could be happy with that.

Edit - second the surround view. It's a big car and a low car, and it will save you money (vs repairs) in the end I'd bet.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interestingly enough - and I don't know that this has gotten much attention - but Porsche is going to a totally non-leather (i.e., artificial leather) interior for the "standard interior" option in 2025... whereas for 2020-2024, the standard interior is leather in most parts of the seats and fake leather on the sides and headrest. Very curious.

OP
OP

jumaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Interestingly enough - and I don't know that this has gotten much attention - but Porsche is going to a totally non-leather (i.e., artificial leather) interior for the "standard interior" option in 2025... whereas for 2020-2024, the standard interior is leather in most parts of the seats and fake leather on the sides and headrest. Very curious.
Oh! I didn’t realize that. Weird. I would definitely want real leather seats.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh! I didn’t realize that. Weird. I would definitely want real leather seats.
I hadn't either until I saw your configuration. The 2024 Taycan configurator shows partial leather for standard (pretty much everywhere your body touches other than the headrest), whereas the 2025 has artificial leather throughout. It's a steep increase, but I'd say worth it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Curious indeed. I've just compared US and UK configurators, ours still describes the standard as
Partial Leather Interior, Black
With embossed leather in equipment colour Black: - seat centres front and rear - front and rear inner seat bolsters- Steering wheel rim in smooth-finish leather- Armrests in the front and rear doors

...though the configurators' renders appear identical. I wonder whether there are legal reasons for no longer being able to call the embossed leather "real" in the US?
Sponsored