f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Indeed. I notice also that the RS Spyder version available for non GTS models is black and polished silver rather than satin black.
Oh dear, I don't like them at all in that finish, so I rescind my recommendation of Spyder wheels :(
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
i have opted for the 20" off road design wheels on my soon to be born CT. I'm not entirely convinced about them, but i'm not a fan of the aero type wheels that most in the range seem to be.
The 21 inch CT design wheels are probably the best looking, but by the time you've opted for same colour paint etc, i can't mentally justify the extra £2.5k.
My solution, if i don't like the finish, will be to get the off road wheels painted black at a decent paint shop, which will cost about £500. I did find a picture (can't remember if on here somewhere) of someone who'd done that and I thought they looked pretty cool.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Aero wheels are simple to keep clean and less likely to chip if you go off the beaten track. The others may look (to some) better but I suspect will catch stones easier and harder to clean.

Personal choice as always.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Aero wheels are simple to keep clean and less likely to chip if you go off the beaten track. The others may look (to some) better but I suspect will catch stones easier and harder to clean.

Personal choice as always.
I think the aero wheels look fine side on and from a distance. But close up the black painted bits spoil it for me. Ditto not being able to see all of the brake callipers etc. But as you say, it's very personal and i'm sure there is an associated range cost too.
Sponsored