$216k '22 Turbo S bid to $126k at BaT. Reserve not met.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Weird. That last transaction was pulled out. The most recent is now showing 5/23/23 @ $141k 16.9k miles with a grade of 4.6.
Had to be an error. I doubt any dealer would send a car like that to auction to begin with, and it would get a much higher price.
Sponsored

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
The comments noted multiple components like under plate were replaced. Which is curious.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Does seem like a low bit for a Turbo S with 11k miles, but the seller never answered questions about the underbody shield and rear window replacement.

My dealer did send me an email wanting to know if I was interested in trading in my 2022 4S for 110% market value, whatever that is at the moment ;) But I'm having too much fun driving it and I'm not interested in a trade-in on another car.
Should have asked them to put a number on the market value. At least you’d have a data point. That said, it could have been just as ad campaign dealers do, sending out meaningless promises like this to get people to come in to value their trade ins, while trying to sell them new cars. I took a Toyota dealer up on one of those (pre-pandemic). They showed be kbb data, said they will pay over that, but only until I said “ok, I’ll take a check”, then it turned out the value was only good if I pay full price for a new car. Lol.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
This is a tale of two cities: on one hand, we have a used '22 Turbo S like that where the reserve price of $126k was not met, yet I know buyers wanting brand new Taycans only and willing to pay 40% tax on top (since its brand new) and deals having been confirmed (according to my SA).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This is a tale of two cities: on one hand, we have a used '22 Turbo S like that where the reserve price of $126k was not met, yet I know buyers wanting brand new Taycans only and willing to pay 40% tax on top (since its brand new) and deals having been confirmed (according to my SA).
When spending TTS kind of money, a lot of people want exactly the spec they want. When I was shopping for my Taycan, I couldn't find any used or inventory car which would remotely match what I wanted in a Taycan, so I had to wait 20 months.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
When spending TTS kind of money, a lot of people want exactly the spec they want. When I was shopping for my Taycan, I couldn't find any used or inventory car which would remotely match what I wanted in a Taycan, so I had to wait 20 months.
Yes, people are willing to spend TTS kind of money on a brand new Taycan with the options they want but the trim isn't even Turbo S...more like 4s pricing with the 40% tax for brand new, which makes it way more expensive than that used Turbo S that couldn't even meet its reserve price of $126k.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
+1 to this point. I have been on a lookout for 2 years and while there are amazing deals to be had on the Turbos and Turbo S, it is clear, whoever configures them, they do not know what they are doing, so the compromise cannot be accepted by purchasing say an almost new Turbo (<10k miles) at 40% discount (say $120K) vs. my ideal spec ($200K). My way to handle the wait is to convince myself that I am getting exactly what I want, having full control of it since delivery for proper care, and saving more as time goes by. I have no concerns with holding value or resale value as every single example of the car I ever owned I sold at a high premium in a private sale. The latest one I sold was at 50% premium over market in less than 2 weeks, not a Porche but just making a point that something that is specced correctly, cared for, and marketed to the right audience, will sell. However, the 3 examples at the dealer not selling for months and months: Base, 4S, Turbo S as they are not specced attractively, not cared for, and therefore, matching to a customer is not easy.

However, the wait is ridiculous getting a 2023 in the middle of 2023. Every single step was delayed and now I am on my last one and sure thing my SA just sent me a note, good news that mine released from port below on 6/13, but now transport delay since arriving at port 3 weeks ago on 5/26:

NA19PDI finished06/13/2023
V810Release for transport06/13/2023

Last edited:

noev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 Carrera, 97 Carrera S, 21 Carrera 4S, 21 Rover
Country flag
+1 to this point. I have been on a lookout for 2 years and while there are amazing deals to be had on the Turbos and Turbo S, it is clear, whoever configures them, they do not know what they are doing, so the compromise cannot be accepted by purchasing say an almost new Turbo (<10k miles) at 40% discount (say $120K) vs. my ideal spec ($200K). My way to handle the wait is to convince myself that I am getting exactly what I want, having full control of it since delivery for proper care, and saving more as time goes by. I have no concerns with holding value or resale value as every single example of the car I ever owned I sold at a high premium in a private sale. The latest one I sold was at 50% premium over market in less than 2 weeks, not a Porche but just making a point that something that is specced correctly, cared for, and marketed to the right audience, will sell. However, the 3 examples at the dealer not selling for months and months: Base, 4S, Turbo S as they are not specced attractively, not cared for, and therefore, matching to a customer is not easy.

However, the wait is ridiculous getting a 2023 in the middle of 2023. Every single step was delayed and now I am on my last one and sure thing my SA just sent me a note, good news that mine released from port below on 6/13, but now transport delay since arriving at port 3 weeks ago on 5/26:

NA19PDI finished06/13/2023
V810Release for transport06/13/2023
This is generally how I think about ordering vs buying used, but I made an exception last week when I took delivery of a CPO 2020 Turbo with 14K miles. $105K + TTL for what would have been a $196K out-the-door spec if I ordered now. I probably would’ve added 1-2 things to the spec but this car seems to have been an early car that was well-spec’ed by Porsche San Diego for their showroom. Dealers tend to do a decent job of specifying the right core options. The car literally looks and drives like new. Given how close we are to a Gen 2 Taycan (2-3 years), it felt like the right move and I absolutely love the car and Carrara White/Grey + 20” combo.

Porsche Taycan $216k '22 Turbo S bid to $126k at BaT. Reserve not met. IMG_0844

supac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S (soon)
Country flag
@vegasmonkey If you don't mind, can you share the most recent 21 and 22 Turbo S's running through Manheim, with dates and mileage and any other useful data?

I'm in the market and preowned prices are all over the place.

Thanks in advance either way.
Sponsored