Should I get 4 zone climate control

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I skipped it. Have small kids, who not only will mess with it too much as they already do on our other cars, but they will also kick it and potentially damage the screen as they’ve already managed to do in my wife’s Audi. Also, I will rarely have any adults sitting back there anyway.
Sponsored

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I have kids and I think they would like the 4 zone climate but is it necessary
i only spec'd it cause i always wanted a limo like back. a bit disappointed that only have the air con control. oh well.

• Haha
Reactions: B61

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
To me 4 zones climate control rarely work the way you want - I used to optioned all the time in my saloons ... but this Porsche will be the first not to have it bcse:

-at the end my rear passengers always do complain (then I need to force down or up t° from front at least for few minutes)

-regarding closely to the back screen vs space / room for feet ... depending how agitate they are ! it will not last long before to be kicked hard.... who knows how resistant this is vs hard shoes

-in the case , when I have more aged pips at the back (even if they are iphone users ) ... they ll be fighting for the screen controller to get the settings they want....thus here again I 'll be managing the t° cabine from the front

these are my main reason why I remove this option
hope it will help you in your choice

Reactions: B61

TxnBluDvl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t order it and my passengers don’t miss it. The car is small enough inside it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I did order the rear heated seats and thought that was a better purchase.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I skipped it and then read somewhere that it also allows you to have better control of the airflows at the front too. I particularly like warm air on the feet and cold on the face. I don’t seem to be able to get it with the standard set up but apparently it’s possible with the 4 zone. I would have got it if I’d have known that when specifying
Sponsored