4s Cross Turismo Problems

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Just collected my MY22 CT4S yesterday. Incredible car except that I have the same issues :
front left direction indicator faulty and alarm. To turn off the alarm you mention pressing twice when closing the car. Is it 2 prompt press on the key or do I need to wait a second or two in between ?
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just collected my MY22 CT4S yesterday. Incredible car except that I have the same issues :
front left direction indicator faulty and alarm. To turn off the alarm you mention pressing twice when closing the car. Is it 2 prompt press on the key or do I need to wait a second or two in between ?
2 in a row. No pause required

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Doesn't Porsche have any engineers skilled in debugging, who can go to a car which has a reliable repro of the problem, diagnose it and come up with a fix? Or are German engineers forced to work from home during COVID, therefore they cannot get their hands on a physical car with this problem and their remote diagnostics tells them nothing? Or did all the engineers who designed the Taycan quit in the great resignation, and all that's left are engineers who couldn't find other jobs? Or is this just not a big problem for Porsche - take the Tesla approach, as long as people are lining up to buy the product, no need to fix anything.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
We just got our CT4 and had no issues driving it home from LA to Seattle. At home i now have the issue! Observations.. the cell signal is bad here with the ATT network the car uses so the app isnt accurately telling me the charge status etc.. the alarm really only goes off if i start the Connect app! So low signal + connect app seems to be a combo.

Car has been AMAZING so far and was an amazing experience to PEC LA delivery and then roadtrip! Charging stops were a learning process but figured out how to get the included charges and just trust the route planner. We really didnt like the Walmart stops and hope they keep installing stations at more fun locations.

phil.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
We just got our CT4 and had no issues driving it home from LA to Seattle. At home i now have the issue! Observations.. the cell signal is bad here with the ATT network the car uses so the app isnt accurately telling me the charge status etc.. the alarm really only goes off if i start the Connect app! So low signal + connect app seems to be a combo.

Car has been AMAZING so far and was an amazing experience to PEC LA delivery and then roadtrip! Charging stops were a learning process but figured out how to get the included charges and just trust the route planner. We really didnt like the Walmart stops and hope they keep installing stations at more fun locations.

phil.
Hello Phil,
Thank you for your update and congrats on receiving your CT4.
We are awaiting the arrival of our CT4 in a few weeks. One of the trips we are planning is a drive from BC down the west coast to California. Glad to hear your car worked well and you had a great trip.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello Phil,
Thank you for your update and congrats on receiving your CT4.
We are awaiting the arrival of our CT4 in a few weeks. One of the trips we are planning is a drive from BC down the west coast to California. Glad to hear your car worked well and you had a great trip.
awesome! IM me if you need any tips etc!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t opened the connect app and the car has no alarm issues. Quiet nights :)

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Good to hear! I'm convinced the app is the issue. I haven't had a single false alarm since deleting the app..

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I really don’t want to delete the app, and feel like I shouldn’t have to. I also feel like I shouldn’t be woken up at 3:30am by a faulty interior alarm. Quite astonishing Porsche can’t come up with a fix for this. Are they even trying?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Latest is that it only happens while charging at home. I was plugged in last night and didn’t touch the app - alarm a few times! I sent a note to Porsche and will keep the group updated.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think my side mirror tilts up vs down when I go into reverse. What directions do others get?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think my side mirror tilts up vs down when I go into reverse. What directions do others get?
You need to set it properly.

Put the car in R and tilt the mirror down to where you want it. Place in drive and it should centre. Place in R and it should tilt to the new position.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You need to set it properly.

Put the car in R and tilt the mirror down to where you want it. Place in drive and it should centre. Place in R and it should tilt to the new position.
Ahh! That makes sense and actually a smart way to do it!! Thanks!!

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
A new problem has occured for me.
”ParkAssist not available. Driving permitted, inspection necessary.”

Has this happened for you guys as well?

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Latest is that it only happens while charging at home. I was plugged in last night and didn’t touch the app - alarm a few times! I sent a note to Porsche and will keep the group updated.
Please do.
Sponsored