4s Cross Turismo Problems

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Update on the alarm issue. I was at the dealership yesterday to get the interior motion sensors replaced by a new revised version (has a new part number) as they got a message from the factory. Obviously the original one has a production or design flaw. So far no more false alarms. Will keep you updated.
I have the new sensors now since almost 2 weeks and no more false alarms. Since the false alarm would go off multiple times a day before the replacement (if not locking with the double tap) I am convinced that the issue has been fully resolved for my car.

I have actually not had a single glitch with my Taycan within the last 2 weeks and am soooo happy with this brilliant car, now that everything works. (It does infact seem a bit weired, having to mention and being suprised that a +150K car actually works without errors but this seems to be the "new normal" with a lot of manufacturers nowadays)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Great news! Dealer called today, they said the problem’s most likely solved. It’s the interior motion sensors that’s faulty.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Update on the alarm issue. I was at the dealership yesterday to get the interior motion sensors replaced by a new revised version (has a new part number) as they got a message from the factory. Obviously the original one has a production or design flaw. So far no more false alarms. Will keep you updated.
Since the new sensor is working, do you have the new part number?

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Unfortunatly not. I will try and ask the dealership.
I'd be interested in that too. My dealership here say (quoting from their e-mail):

> We know this problem with the alarm. In the moment we have no solution for this problem. Porsche know it and we must wait until they have a solution.

so if there's a specific part number I can quote at them they might treat this a bit more seriously.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
A new problem has occured for me.
”ParkAssist not available. Driving permitted, inspection necessary.”

Has this happened for you guys as well?
Happened to me yesterday. It's going back to the dealership later this week.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Happened to me yesterday. It's going back to the dealership later this week.
Likely a temporary fault. I got the same on this and my camera as I left the car out overnight and they had a lot of dew / frost on them. After 2 miles this had cleared and the warnings had auto cleared also (which was a bonus).

So suggest checking for this and dirt / grime - they are over sensitive - if not done so already.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Likely a temporary fault. I got the same on this and my camera as I left the car out overnight and they had a lot of dew / frost on them. After 2 miles this had cleared and the warnings had auto cleared also (which was a bonus).

So suggest checking for this and dirt / grime - they are over sensitive - if not done so already.
Thanks. It cleared after I restarted the car, but there's been a litany of faults with this car -- as well as the "left indicator" issue that others have reported here I've also had the "dashboard map display goes black" issue, the "can only log in as a guest, even though my account is showing on the account list" problem, an "Electrical system fault" message (dealership replaced a voltage converter after that), the "alarm triggers although no one is around to set it off" problem, and the nav issue I reported in https://taycanforum.com/forum/threads/nav-missing-blue-line-map-display-significantly-offset.8842/.

To my mind, the worst possible answer is "These are bugs in the software that manifest occasionally, they're not real problems".

Because if the software that I *do* interact with has these sorts of bugs, how am I supposed to have any confidence that the software I don't directly interact with (e.g., the system that regulates the power draw when the car is being charged) doesn't have problems that could have catastropic consequences?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks. It cleared after I restarted the car, but there's been a litany of faults with this car -- as well as the "left indicator" issue that others have reported here I've also had the "dashboard map display goes black" issue, the "can only log in as a guest, even though my account is showing on the account list" problem, an "Electrical system fault" message (dealership replaced a voltage converter after that), the "alarm triggers although no one is around to set it off" problem, and the nav issue I reported in https://taycanforum.com/forum/threads/nav-missing-blue-line-map-display-significantly-offset.8842/.

To my mind, the worst possible answer is "These are bugs in the software that manifest occasionally, they're not real problems".

Because if the software that I *do* interact with has these sorts of bugs, how am I supposed to have any confidence that the software I don't directly interact with (e.g., the system that regulates the power draw when the car is being charged) doesn't have problems that could have catastropic consequences?
Totally agree. I was an early adopter and went through 4 months of hell and a further 2 months of uncertainty due to primarily software issues. Others have had it worse (much worse). My confidence dropped but in the last 6 months I've been relatively trouble free - software messages that I've learned to understand what they relate to (as long as they're white messages) I now don't stress over but still get the odd random one.

The broader issue is that the dealers typically aren't equipped (or experienced) to quickly diagnose the underlying issues and therefore try things to make good - some work and some don't. Fault logging in the car is not up to scratch as many faults (temporary or otherwise) just aren't logged even though you've experienced it and probably taken a photo of the error message to assure yourself that the fault did in fact occur.

That said I think the car is 'safe' - there were main power failures (false positives) some months back leading to a global recall which would have been scary whilst driving but not unique to Porsche - charging / charging management (AC charger failures an exception) so far appears to be rock solid and wouldn't have any concerns on that front.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Great news! Dealer called today, they said the problem’s most likely solved. It’s the interior motion sensors that’s faulty.
I talked to my SA today and she said there was not a fix yet from Porsche but when the fix is determined they would be sending out a campaign notice. I wonder if they already know the sensors are bad but maybe need more time to get enough parts to actually send out notifications.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I talked to my SA today and she said there was not a fix yet from Porsche but when the fix is determined they would be sending out a campaign notice. I wonder if they already know the sensors are bad but maybe need more time to get enough parts to actually send out notifications.
Weird, because my dealer said that this is the fix... Let's see what happens.

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
I was at my dealership earlier today and they also confirmed that a new sensor is available to replace the ones that are malfunctioning. According to my sales rep not all CTs are affected but many. Remains to be seen if my CT4S delivered next week is one of them. :)

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I was at my dealership earlier today and they also confirmed that a new sensor is available to replace the ones that are malfunctioning. According to my sales rep not all CTs are affected but many. Remains to be seen if my CT4S delivered next week is one of them. :)
Yeah, I just think there may not be enough available for mass replacement yet. Maybe some dealers already got a hold of them.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Picking up mine to deal with various issues today, they said they've replaced the sensor which should fix the alarm issue.

Part number was PAB951172.

I'd have driven off by now, but one of the things they had to do was remove all the Bluetooth devices.

When trying to add my phone I kept getting "Function not available" messages. See for an example.

So it never left the dealership, and they're checking it out now...
Sponsored