OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
OK - just got home - totally pumped as I can truly say it has come out better than I even imagined - it seriously looks like this is the way our cars should look from the factory - just spot on and very similar to the black finishes on some Ferarri's that were at the shop.

Just learning the CETE system but sure enough can set the ride height to any mm I want - bloody awesome :)! In this pic I put it in the OEM "Lowered" ride height and applied a 30 mm drop in the app - instant result and not bad at all - will of course be experimenting a lot point forward to see impact of ride quality if any and ease of traversing bumps etc etc. but right now very pleased with this. Basically you select the OEM ride height you'd like to modify (except Individual - off limits) and when in that height us the CETE app to set a custom height you'd prefer to be at (front and rear individually if needed). You can further do this independently for each of the OEM ride heights or just one - whatever you want - you can then name the profile that you assign to each or one of the OEM ride heights in the app, save it and done - it will stay with the car pt forward. Can never again use the app if not needed but simple as anything to change any setting at any time. And there is a "Show Mode" which can slam it for events if thats your thing. You can also set a top speed limit to where any preferred custom CETE height is automatically turned off at that speed and the car will revert to the OEM height. Pretty slick.

I took some real quick snaps with the iPhone which almost def is not going to do the paint job justice and will be sure to follow up with way better shots in better light conditions.

For reference I had the 'tear drops' around the eyes painted gloss black and the automatic charging door touch surface gloss black. Everywhere else on the front spoiler and facia, rear valance ribbed areas and side trim etc all painted a beautiful Satin Black - it really does look so much better in person than even in these preliminary pics.

A BIG deal for me is the plastic welding we had done to remove the red side markers/reflectors in the rear quarters - totally gone and re-painted the area body color and we removed/filled the holes from scrapping the 'Monkey Butt' OEM license plate holder - and finally painted the main red reflectors in the ribbed area rear (I had body colored before) to also be a satin black finish - now looks way cleaner and more Euro spec - just magic and a job well done by the shop.

OK, I'll stop jabbering - can you tell I'm excited :)! - so happy to have it back.

OEM 'Lowered' ride height -30 mm. - sorry should have straightened front wheel! Will explore the need or not for spacers at later date.

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5600

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5597

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5598

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5601

Crappy shot of rear - they mounted the plate a 1/2" too low - easy fix and will raise it tomorrow (I like it tucked up under the rear camera as far a s it will go). Car is covered in dust from drive home so again not optimal:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5578

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5581

View of side sills in satin black and retained contrast with OEM gloss black inserts:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5575

A better pic to show the satin black against the body color - more true to your eye in respect as seen in person:
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5587

Zoomed into front facia - needs cleaning:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5592

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5590

Gloss black 'tear drops' look fantastic - should be a build option!:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5593

Black gloss charging door arrow base:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5594

Typical iPhone bubble - will use SLR tomorrow if I have time off from driving :)

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_5586

Last edited:

Asu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
OK - just got home - totally pumped as I can truly say it has come out better than I even imagined - it seriously looks like this is the way our cars should look from the factory - just spot on and very similar to the black finishes on some Ferarri's that were at the shop.

Just learning the CETE system but sure enough can set the ride height to any mm I want - bloody awesome :)! In this pic I put it in the OEM "Lowered" ride height and applied a 30 mm drop in the app - instant result and not bad at all - will of course be experimenting a lot point forward to see impact of ride quality if any and ease of traversing bumps etc etc. but right now very pleased with this. Basically you select the OEM ride height you'd like to modify (except Individual - off limits) and when in that height us the CETE app to set a custom height you'd prefer to be at (front and rear individually if needed). You can further do this independently for each of the OEM ride heights or just one - whatever you want - you can then name the profile in the app and save it and done. Can never again use the app agin if not needed but simple as anything to change any setting at any time. And there is a "Show Mode" which can slam it if thats your thing. You can also set a speed limit to where any preferred custom CETE height is automatically turned off at a certain speed and the car will revert to the OEM height. Pretty slick.

I took some real quick snaps and almost def not going to do the paint job justice and will be sure to follow up with way better shots in better light conditions.

For reference I had the 'tear drops' around the eyes painted gloss black and the automatic charging door touch surface gloss black. Everywhere else on teh front spoiler and facia, rear ribbed areas and side trim etc etc all painted a beautiful Satin Black - it really does look so much better in person than in these preliminary pcs.

A BIG deal for me is the plastic welding we had done to remove the red side markers/reflectors in the rear quarters - totally gone and we removed the holes from scrapping the 'Monkey Butt' OEM license plate holder - and finally painted the main red reflectors in the ribbed area rear (I had body colored before) to also be a satin black finish - now looks way cleaner and more more Euro spec - just magic and a job well done by the shop.

OK, I'll stop jabbering - can you tell I'm excited :)! So happy to have it back.

OEM Lowered ride height -30 mm. - sorry should have straightened front wheel! Will explore the need or not for spacers at later date.

IMG_5600.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg

Crappy shot of rear - they mounted the plate a 1/2" too low - easy fix and will raise it tomorrow (I like it tucked up under the rear camera as far a s it will go). Car is covered in dust from drive home so again not optimal:

IMG_5578.jpeg

IMG_5581.jpeg

View of side sills in satin black and retained contrast with OEM gloss black inserts:

IMG_5575.jpeg

A better pic to show the satin black against the body color - more true to your eye in respect as seen in person:
IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

Gloss black 'tear drops' look fantastic:

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

Typical iPhone bubble - will use SLR tomorrow if I have time off from driving :)

IMG_5586.jpeg
Congrat man. Is that the volcano grey color?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s nice. Are you thinking doing any Ppf?

Apparently you have not looked back through this thread :) - if you jump to page 1 of the thread you can see the extensive list of mods to the car - not a new purchase i.e. received in in Dec 2021.

But yes the front half of the car has Xpel Ultimate and the painted fender covers all are covered in same material.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
That’s nice. Are you thinking doing any Ppf?
+1 looks great but I can’t wait to see those pictures from a real camera. Congrats on getting your baby back.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Great work. I really like the fact that you erased the red side reflectors and painted all the plastic with a satin finish. A pity that Porsche can't offer these types of mods as options.

Asu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
Apparently you have not looked back through this thread :) - if you jump to page 1 of the thread you can see the extensive list of mods to the car - not a new purchase i.e. received in in Dec 2021.

But yes the front half of the car has Xpel Ultimate and the painted fender covers all are covered in same material.
🤦‍♂️ lol

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Looks much amaze!! Thanks for sharing! Spacers will be 💯 IMHO.

So the Cete system also has some "bypass" mode where it will have no effect and is undetectable by the service department? (for if and when the car needs service, especially if they might do some suspension calibration etc.)

Brian

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks much amaze!! Thanks for sharing! Spacers will be 💯 IMHO.

So the Cete system also has some "bypass" mode where it will have no effect and is undetectable by the service department? (for if and when the car needs service, especially if they might do some suspension calibration etc.)

Brian
Well a determined tech rooting around down under and say focused on suspension issues when the car is on a lift will of course likely see it (although even then the installation is well hidden and looks OEM TBH) - but yes, if you set all the CETE changes to 'zero' in the CETE app i.e. back to OEM settings (which is super easy to do, matter of seconds), there will be absolutely no way to detect the installation - this is one aspect I prefer over putting in the 'hard links' I discussed previously in this thread which by contrast are totally visible w/o even raising the car. And yes you could un-install these hard links but to me that is a real pain and every time you do it you run the risk of hitting and damaging one of those sensors.

The issue I might have with CETE is figuring out the mapping of the suspension damping/rebound in the OEM height positions vs changes of ride height imposed by CETE that may not be optimized in respect said damping/rebound. I need to play with it a lot more - might also work with the company now that I have made good contact with them to understand better how to minimize any potential conflicts - but getting ahead of myself!

and yes - agreed re spacers!

Last edited:

bwherry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST, '22 BMW iX xDrive50
Country flag
Thanks @ciaranob . AFAIK Cete makes a unit for my Tesla Model S's air suspension as well, but last I checked it required some gnarly wire splicing and no shops around had experience installing it... Last thing I need is _another_ Tesla problem to drive me crazy (hence checking out the Taycan forum hehe). I'll definitely go the Cete route if and when I finally get a Taycan!

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Great job.

Looks like a GTS ST now. If you get the Spyder wheels, you're all set.

-ThinkMac-

Just learning the CETE system but sure enough can set the ride height to any mm I want - bloody awesome :)! In this pic I put it in the OEM "Lowered" ride height and applied a 30 mm drop in the app - instant result and not bad at all - will of course be experimenting a lot point forward to see impact of ride quality if any and ease of traversing bumps etc etc. but right now very pleased with this. Basically you select the OEM ride height you'd like to modify (except Individual - off limits) and when in that height us the CETE app to set a custom height you'd prefer to be at (front and rear individually if needed). You can further do this independently for each of the OEM ride heights or just one - whatever you want - you can then name the profile in the app and save it and done. Can never again use the app agin if not needed but simple as anything to change any setting at any time. And there is a "Show Mode" which can slam it if thats your thing. You can also set a speed limit to where any preferred custom CETE height is automatically turned off at a certain speed and the car will revert to the OEM height. Pretty slick.

I took some real quick snaps and almost def not going to do the paint job justice and will be sure to follow up with way better shots in better light conditions.

For reference I had the 'tear drops' around the eyes painted gloss black and the automatic charging door touch surface gloss black. Everywhere else on teh front spoiler and facia, rear ribbed areas and side trim etc etc all painted a beautiful Satin Black - it really does look so much better in person than in these preliminary pcs.

A BIG deal for me is the plastic welding we had done to remove the red side markers/reflectors in the rear quarters - totally gone and we removed the holes from scrapping the 'Monkey Butt' OEM license plate holder - and finally painted the main red reflectors in the ribbed area rear (I had body colored before) to also be a satin black finish - now looks way cleaner and more more Euro spec - just magic and a job well done by the shop.

OK, I'll stop jabbering - can you tell I'm excited :)! So happy to have it back.

OEM Lowered ride height -30 mm. - sorry should have straightened front wheel! Will explore the need or not for spacers at later date.

IMG_5600.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

IMG_5578.jpeg

IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5575.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

Gloss black 'tear drops' look fantastic - should be a build option!:

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5586.jpeg

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks @ciaranob . AFAIK Cete makes a unit for my Tesla Model S's air suspension as well, but last I checked it required some gnarly wire splicing and no shops around had experience installing it... Last thing I need is _another_ Tesla problem to drive me crazy (hence checking out the Taycan forum hehe). I'll definitely go the Cete route if and when I finally get a Taycan!
EDIT - TAG Motorsports are west coast (north of Escondido) and have done numerous CETE installs - ping Sean Doyle there maybe for more info.

They actually make a ‘Plug and Play’ harness which removes the need to snap in to the CanBus wiring (it is just two simple snaps, kit provided and easily removed if so desired later) for certain model applications (Audis and other Porsche models like Cayenne etc).

However, after ordering mine, as I too would have taken that option albeit another $300 or so, they (TAG where I purchased my CETE unit) informed me it was no longer being produced (more to do with supply issues I suspect) - but perhaps an option to double check if and when you purchase yours.
Sponsored

Last edited: