f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
not sure why you feel the need to criticize them. For 99% of the public, they’re a better car and a better option than a Taycan. And they’re incredible cars in most ways.
I think it is extremely dependant on where you live and what you are used to.

The Tesla is a US car optimised for US driving conditions which are unlike a lot of what we have here in the UK IME.

The build quality is also typical US mass market because the US buyer changes car more frequently.

One of my friends had a fairly senior job at Tesla (now left) and when I talked to him about it he recommended I hired one to see if I liked it.
His main criticism was actually the build quality and he said he thought I would be disappointed compared to what I was used to.

In fact it was the upholstery being boring black or impractical white faux leather which ruled one out for me.
I can see Teslas being super popular in the USA, and maybe Australia with their similar roads, but maybe somewhat less so elsewhere.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is the problem with Chinees people, they believe what them is told... If Tesla didn't bring the electric car on the market with such an unexpected success, then the traditional car-makers wouldn't have the rush making electric cars and the Taycan would not be available yet... That is what I mean with Tesla is the Apple under the electric cars and this does also not mean that they have the best car. Apple is also not the best mobile there is... Understand what I am trying to say...
That makes no sense.

Here in the UK all cars have to be electric from 2030.
Other countries have similar laws.

Companies are making electric cars because they have to, not because of Tesla.

Tesla certainly set expectations for a high price though, which was a good thing for other makers IMO.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
That is the problem with Chinees people, they believe what them is told... If Tesla didn't bring the electric car on the market with such an unexpected success, then the traditional car-makers wouldn't have the rush making electric cars and the Taycan would not be available yet... That is what I mean with Tesla is the Apple under the electric cars and this does also not mean that they have the best car. Apple is also not the best mobile there is... Understand what I am trying to say...
Come on people, we can do better than that. Singling out a particular race with these remarks, smacks of insensitivity and bigotry. Let's make an effort to treat each other with a little more respect and consideration. As far as the Apple analogy is concerned, IBM SPC, in 1992, was the pioneer in smartphone technology, paving the way for the mobile handset evolution. 2001 was when a plethora of phone manufacturers produced mobile phones that wirelessly connected to the internet, albeit with limited features and functions. In 2007, Apple was able to build upon the technology and manufacture a smartphone with more robust capabilities and internet features.
Sponsored

Last edited: