tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Is ALK and therefore the ‘semi-autopilot‘ only available if Innodrive is the factory option but not as a subscription? I think i read here that it needs extra hardwear to be factory fitted.
No, at least not in my region. I specced ACC from factory, and bought ALK via FOD. Works fine. But ALK is something different then Innodrive, when ordered as FOD.
Sponsored

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
The instrument display - left cluster - show Porsche Innodrive, ACC and LKA. I dont see an option for ALK in the porsche connect store. Bit puzzled. Any ideas?

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
ALK is bundled with Innodrive if purchased from factory (cant be bought separately). If you only had ACC, then ALK and PID are separate subscriptions available via FoD - so maybe you only subscribed to PID and not ALK. Note LKA is totally separate, and not available via FoD.

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Yep i think I’ve worked it out after reading this whole thread and checking the FOD porsche connect website. I had assumed PID was ALK. i hadn’t subscribed to ALK but had subscribed PID.

I had to wait a bout 10 days for FOD PID to activate. I contracted the ALK subscription and it popped up in the car within minutes.

gonna have a good test run over all systems on a long trans European 1000km+ drive in December so should understand the benefits of PID after that.

will most likely cancel the PID and ALK after that as i would most likely use it only a coule of times a year.
Sponsored