bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My order has very recently locked, but I cant help myself playing with the configurator every day (Im still gutted I couldn't order PCCBs on my ST GTS - keeping an eye if the option ever comes back). But today I spotted that ACC, Remote Park and Innodrive unavailable to order (in the UK at least) - I presume its a short term block, but ACC at least is a pretty critical option IMHO. Ive also seen that recently dash-cam prep (zero price) is back as a selectable option - it wasn't there at all when I ordered.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the good news is on an EV with regenerative braking such as the Taycan (Porsche says in normal use 90% of deceleration is handled by regeneration) brakes are used far far far less than on a conventional car - extending brake life and lower brake dust. Also other than appearance and a slight weight savings on a 5,100 lbs 4 door sports sedan PCCB's are 100% un-necessary on this vehicle - purely cosmetic - PCCB's super power is thermal endurance which is un-necessary on Taycan since it can't run hard enough or long enough to thermally soak it's friction braking system.

my next Taycan (post face lift) will not have PCCB's because after tracking my current 2020 Taycan Turbo I found them to be an un-necessary option expense.

good luck w/your build!

OP
OP
bn8959

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Cheers. Totally agree with you - but PCCB were just something I wanted - yes cosmetic and unnecessary, but it was just a life goal thing - something to admire and feel proud of. Maybe my next car will be a Turbo S with them. Usually I keep cars 7+ years (had RS4 previously and RS6 currently - soon to be replaced with ST GTS when it gets built), but if the UK tax incentives stick around for a few more years, my plan was to keep this ST GTS for 3 years, then do 'one more new car' around 2026-27 and keep that for a long time.
Sponsored