Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wondering if anyone else has had much experience with ALK. Mine has been disappointing with the car drifting between the lane markers much too close. Makes one think it was going to side swipe the car in the adjacent lane. Adjustments to steering appear abrupt.

Other experience was when it completely left the lane going up a steep mountain pass which was 3 lanes wide (i77).

So far not impressed, wondering if I’ve got a defective system. Please let me know your thoughts.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
ALK has not impressed me - especially after getting used to Autopilot in a Tesla - Porsche LKA is a nice aid but only for mostly straight well marked roads - anything twisty and it simply is not up to the task.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche LKA is notoriously crappy. Thankfully you bought a Porsche that's beautiful to drive, so just drive it yourself.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I have Innodrive with all bells and whistles and think it is only so-so. I hardly use it. Too many surprises.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have Innodrive with all bells and whistles and think it is only so-so. I hardly use it. Too many surprises.
Totally agree...wouldn’t pay for it again but at purchase time was hoping it was like Tesla’s. Buyer beware.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
i agree with the comments in this thread. The automated features are weak. But you buy this car to drive it rather than have a computer drive it for you.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Innodrive and Active Lane are not at the level of other cars, really quite dangerous in my opinion. Like a wandering drunk, who brakes unexpectedly.

Really bad if you forget to nuke the speed sign recognition at each startup. I keep it off, except for old school speed control. I miss the elegance of my Volvo's system...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
ALK has not impressed me - especially after getting used to Autopilot in a Tesla - Porsche LKA is a nice aid but only for mostly straight well marked roads - anything twisty and it simply is not up to the task.
I don't have ALK and LKA is rubbish, switched it off! On the other hand AP is worse, because what once kinda worked ok and did really help with the driving, has been crippled with buggy software. Currently it is nothing more than a major safety hazard because of phantom breaking.

I really like the AI approach of the AP tech, but pushing pre-alpha software/systems onto unsuspecting customers in a safety critical environment is not the way to do business. This reminds me all too much on Boeing/MCAS.

Considering the above, I am very happy for now having a long range EV in excellent quality with fantastic driving dynamics.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
bad experience with ALK on my side. to the point where it has been pretty dangerous. I also had some hopes of it being at least useful on a freeway, but i havent used it in weeks. its a great car to drive on your own but i paid for ALK and regret it.

With that being said, i have had better luck with traffic jam assist. that seems to be solid.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
No issues with active lane keep on autoroutes here, it steers completely fine including on sliproads. I wouldn't use it on country roads because... well, why buy a Porsche?

The auto speed limit change of Innodrive is pretty annoying and I've switched it off. It still asks if you want to accept the new limit and you can press the stalk up to accept.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
bad experience with ALK on my side. to the point where it has been pretty dangerous. I also had some hopes of it being at least useful on a freeway, but i havent used it in weeks. its a great car to drive on your own but i paid for ALK and regret it.

With that being said, i have had better luck with traffic jam assist. that seems to be solid.
What is "traffic jam assist"?

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What is "traffic jam assist"?
This is from Panamera but it is the same feature that is in the Taycan

Traffic Jam Assist
Another feature of Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control is Traffic Jam Assist. It eases the burden on the driver when congestion is encountered on major highways.

At speeds of up to approximately 37 mph, the system uses gentle steering inputs to keep the vehicle in the middle of the lane, regulates the distance from vehicles in front and follows the queue ahead where system limitations allow. To do this, Traffic Jam Assist tracks roadway signs and other vehicles on the road. The benefit? Appreciable stress relief and greater comfort on long drives

from: https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/panamera/panamera-models-1/assistance-systems/porsche-innodrive/

I have used it a number of time and it doesnt use lanes as its primary source for guidance but rather the vehicles in front of it.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is from Panamera but it is the same feature that is in the Taycan

Traffic Jam Assist
Another feature of Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control is Traffic Jam Assist. It eases the burden on the driver when congestion is encountered on major highways.

At speeds of up to approximately 37 mph, the system uses gentle steering inputs to keep the vehicle in the middle of the lane, regulates the distance from vehicles in front and follows the queue ahead where system limitations allow. To do this, Traffic Jam Assist tracks roadway signs and other vehicles on the road. The benefit? Appreciable stress relief and greater comfort on long drives

from: https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/panamera/panamera-models-1/assistance-systems/porsche-innodrive/

I have used it a number of time and it doesnt use lanes as its primary source for guidance but rather the vehicles in front of it.
Huh. Thanks. I really need to sit down and figure out how to use all this stuff. I have the full complement of LKA, Innodrive, etc - but I've only used it a couple times. To be honest, I wasn't even sure how to turn it on, or whether or not the car was driving itself. The manual is so peppered with CYA stuff that it's difficult to read and understand how to use the features.

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
Innodrive is definitely not ready for prime time. Very disappointing since I was expecting something more like Tesla autopilot (but I still prefer my Taycan!)