Add passenger screen, longer wait?

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Panny 4S E Hybrid, 2022 Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
So, currently I don’t have the passenger screen optioned. I do think it’s a cool feature and am thinking about adding it since my freeze date is still a couple weeks off. I’m wondering if we think that fancy bit of tech might delay my build? Production set for 10/15, delivery 12/10 (according to TYD).
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Hard to believe.
I haven’t heard that any car was delazyed because of 2nd screen.
most of them (us) are waiting for TPM control unit.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On a related subject, does anyone know if the Passenger Display can be added retroactively? I imagine the wiring harness is already there as well as any mounting points.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We think of technology adding to possible delays and I’m not sure that things like the additional screen, or anything else in the technology package or other high tech option for that matter, being anymore unavailable than simple things like TMPS. Today’s cars have so many computers and chipsets, what may be available today might be the thing that holds everything up tomorrow. Get the car how you want it and “let the chips fall where they may”, as the saying goes!

OP
OP
NOLAStorm

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We think of technology adding to possible delays and I’m not sure that things like the additional screen, or anything else in the technology package or other high tech option for that matter, being anymore unavailable than simple things like TMPS. Today’s cars have so many computers and chipsets, what may be available today might be the thing that holds everything up tomorrow. Get the car how you want it and “let the chips fall where they may”, as the saying goes!
Indeed! ?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
On a related subject, does anyone know if the Passenger Display can be added retroactively? I imagine the wiring harness is already there as well as any mounting points.
A similar question was posted here recently; perhaps someone else can provide a link.

Anyway, an outfit in Europe was asking for volunteers to submit their vehicle for installation of the second screen. IIRC , their "introductory" parts and labor price was in excess of 5000 Euros. I expect it would be very expensive here in the US too, assuming one could find someone willing to do it. You'd have to want that second screen really badly.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
So, currently I don’t have the passenger screen optioned. I do think it’s a cool feature and am thinking about adding it since my freeze date is still a couple weeks off. I’m wondering if we think that fancy bit of tech might delay my build? Production set for 10/15, delivery 12/10 (according to TYD).
mine has the same schedule ?

OP
OP
NOLAStorm

NOLAStorm

First Name
Shaquita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mine has the same schedule ?
Fingers definitely crossed. I just sold my Panamera so the wife and I are sharing one vehicle. It’s not terrible but there’s one or two occasions when it requires creativity.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I like the 'TFT full dash' second screen look and thought it would be really useful top farm stuff away from bothering the driver. Kids liked using it on a test drive and thought we could use it for Waze nav Speed cams and streamed music etc. You cant. Its useless according to all. So you just get them to use the centre console, as you drive and save £700...
Sponsored