COOD

First Name
Ran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My AC is failed yesterday. No cool air comes out and show a error message. The service center say the pressure sensor is damaged. But I just got this car for two month. I have many other taycan owner friends had the same issue. Does anyone knows it is relate to the sensor quality itself or some electricial problem may lead to this failture. It is very hot in my place and I don't want the AC goes wrong in the middile of my jounrney. Need some advice here, thank you guys!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry, not experienced this issue. Search the forum as some people have had AC issues - may be software related rather than a physical fault.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My AC is failed yesterday. No cool air comes out and show a error message. The service center say the pressure sensor is damaged. But I just got this car for two month. I have many other taycan owner friends had the same issue. Does anyone knows it is relate to the sensor quality itself or some electricial problem may lead to this failture. It is very hot in my place and I don't want the AC goes wrong in the middile of my jounrney. Need some advice here, thank you guys!
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/weak-a-c.5380/post-74100

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
What's the error message? What is the battery temperature?

I had AC problems at the beginning, parking the car outside in the sun. It looked like the AC could not keep up. I checked with the dealer at the time but they could not find any problem. It now works fine...

sailboat310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You should have them check the coolant pump. My three day old 2021 Turbo would intermittently blow cool then warm air. But when hitting the MAX cool button, would then blow cold air again. They said it was a coolant pump issue, but more importantly, supposedly the AC coolant pump is also used for battery cooling. I'm not exactly sure if this is 100% accurate (can't believe 100% of what the service techs say), but if this is true, you may want to take it back to them and check again.

They gave me a loaner Turbo S, and it blows COLD air, unlike the cool air from my Turbo. Been about two weeks now. They had to order the part from Germany. Took a few days for air shipping sitting in customs for over a week. I also have the Porsche Connect (login button greyed out) issue. Hopefully fix that and complete the new update as long as they have the car there.

Although would like my car back faster, but it doesn't hurt to have a Turbo S as a loaner. Already racked up quite a bit of miles and become acclimated to the car.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
You should have them check the coolant pump. My three day old 2021 Turbo would intermittently blow cool then warm air. But when hitting the MAX cool button, would then blow cold air again. They said it was a coolant pump issue, but more importantly, supposedly the AC coolant pump is also used for battery cooling. I'm not exactly sure if this is 100% accurate (can't believe 100% of what the service techs say), but if this is true, you may want to take it back to them and check again.

They gave me a loaner Turbo S, and it blows COLD air, unlike the cool air from my Turbo. Been about two weeks now. They had to order the part from Germany. Took a few days for air shipping sitting in customs for over a week. I also have the Porsche Connect (login button greyed out) issue. Hopefully fix that and complete the new update as long as they have the car there.

Although would like my car back faster, but it doesn't hurt to have a Turbo S as a loaner. Already racked up quite a bit of miles and become acclimated to the car.

Regarding the Porsche Connect problem. I, and many others have had this issue on recent delivery in the US. Took them 3 weeks to get my car to get the Green light on the roof console. One morning it just came on. It's not the vehicle. While not particularly forthcoming with information, it appears to be a Porsche Germany server problem. I've heard a permissions and database association issue that they are dealing with car by car. Open a case with PCNA and follow it up continually.

sailboat310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Regarding the Porsche Connect problem. I, and many others have had this issue on recent delivery in the US. Took them 3 weeks to get my car to get the Green light on the roof console. One morning it just came on. It's not the vehicle. While not particularly forthcoming with information, it appears to be a Porsche Germany server problem. I've heard a permissions and database association issue that they are dealing with car by car. Open a case with PCNA and follow it up continually.
Thanks for that info Dan. That's kind of what I told them when I returned the car to the dealer. They have contacted Porsche corporate, but no luck so far. Bought the car on July 6th, but car still doesn't show as "sold" on the Porsche Connect network.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let them put dye in the system and track down if it’s a Freon leak. Happened to me twice already
Sponsored