EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
I just noticed that my TYD dates for Vessel Entering Port Channel has also changed to 01/14/22 and I’m fairly confident that’s wholly incorrect; over a month to Davisville? I would think 14 days is more in line with an ETA which puts an actual arrival somewhere around 12/24. It’s still, however, a long shot for delivery prior to year end.
FWIW, Davisvill is expecting it on Dec 23.
Porsche Taycan All Aboard Felicity Ace! 0A8C142C-BD11-4A4F-BE17-CF8EDA9C1019
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I suppose if it’s early enough on the 23rd there’s a possibility that the cars destined for that port can be off loaded prior to the 24/25th holiday provided that the ports are, indeed, open on the 23rd. We shall see…

Last edited:

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
VDR, I'm in (and on) the same boat, literally. Ordered in May, began production in July, and now on the Felicity Ace headed to RI (I live in CT). My TYD also moved from 12/31 to 1/21 with this latest update which doesn't really make a ton of sense to me given how long the voyage takes. Maybe it will correct itself at some point. And fingers crossed they unload before the holiday as you say.

Also, what site/app do you guys recommend for tracking the ship?

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get an answer as to why 2022s are being delivered ahead of our stalled May 2021s? The only thing i've ever heard discussed is that they somehow changed the build for 2022 to work around some chip shortages and couldn't do that mid-build for us, so needed to wait until they got the previously spec'd parts in. But I don't think i've seen that confirmed.
Just odd.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
VDR, I'm in (and on) the same boat, literally. Ordered in May, began production in July, and now on the Felicity Ace headed to RI (I live in CT). My TYD also moved from 12/31 to 1/21 with this latest update which doesn't really make a ton of sense to me given how long the voyage takes. Maybe it will correct itself at some point. And fingers crossed they unload before the holiday as you say.

Also, what site/app do you guys recommend for tracking the ship?

Just out of curiosity, did you ever get an answer as to why 2022s are being delivered ahead of our stalled May 2021s? The only thing i've ever heard discussed is that they somehow changed the build for 2022 to work around some chip shortages and couldn't do that mid-build for us, so needed to wait until they got the previously spec'd parts in. But I don't think i've seen that confirmed.
Just odd.
For the 2022’s vs 2021’s, the 2021’s got off the assembly line missing the chips or whatever was missing and then when the chips came in, they just prioritized what’s on the assembly line (2022) and kept the 2021’s on the side and just got to them later on. If that makes sense to you.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Just odd.
No answers at all from either Porsche NA or my dealer, just typical “Covid related chip shortage(s)” replies. The irony of this is that when my car failed to exit production after 6 or so weeks back in late August I questioned my dealer on amending my order to a ‘22. His reply was that the ‘22’s were all going to be delayed too. Now I find it maddening that I personally know people that have received their ‘22’s weeks ago yet I’m still playing “hope for the best “ on a ‘21 that, if I’m lucky, will be here mere days before the new year.

My car also hit Emden in early/mid Nov yet it missed at least one ship headed in my direction and sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks so there was clearly no priority on getting it onboard a vessel given how long I’ve waited.

Somehow I’m unconvinced that, although I’m now on a ship entering the English Channel, this cluster**ck isn’t over yet…. As I said earlier… we shall see.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
For the 2022’s vs 2021’s, the 2021’s got off the assembly line missing the chips or whatever was missing and then when the chips came in, they just prioritized what’s on the assembly line (2022) and kept the 2021’s on the side and just got to them later on. If that makes sense to you.
If true it’s incredible that these ‘21’s weren’t prioritized when these parts came in, just a giant FU to all those had the misfortune of going into production during that relatively short 2-3 week time period in July shortly before the summer factory shut down.

I wonder what the watershed event was that finally made them complete these cars?

OP
OP

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
No answers at all from either Porsche NA or my dealer, just typical “Covid related chip shortage(s)” replies. The irony of this is that when my car failed to exit production after 6 or so weeks back in late August I questioned my dealer on amending my order to a ‘22. His reply was that the ‘22’s were all going to be delayed too. Now I find it maddening that I personally know people that have received their ‘22’s weeks ago yet I’m still playing “hope for the best “ on a ‘21 that, if I’m lucky, will be here mere days before the new year.

My car also hit Emden in early/mid Nov yet it missed at least one ship headed in my direction and sat at the port for nearly 3 weeks so there was clearly no priority on getting it onboard a vessel given how long I’ve waited.

Somehow I’m unconvinced that, although I’m now on a ship entering the English Channel, this cluster**ck isn’t over yet…. As I said earlier… we shall see.
Funny enough I had the same discussion and response.... but once the dealership started receiving '22s they were a little more helpful.

At this point i'm just glad it's *almost* over (knock on wood).... curious if anyone's dealer has done anything from a comp perspective throughout this debacle?

On a more positive note - Felicity Ace is almost out of the English channel!!

Reactions: vdr

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
here it says it's scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 20th. https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/FELICITY-ACE-IMO-9293911-MMSI-371427000
That was the original date on the main schedule that got posted here which would have it in Davisville on the 22nd. That would be ideal to get them to us by year end but who knows. Any slight delay on the journey, at either port, on the truck or even at the dealer throws it all off.

The faster it reaches the US the more confidence I will have. Going to have to stop checking the vessel position for a few days so I can actually see some movement lol. Checking everyday or twice a day makes it seem like its not moving. Also doesn't help that it looks like it hasn’t updated for almost a day.

Gonna shift my focus to figuring out the dealer pickup experience and getting everything in order for that so I’m ready when they are!

OP
OP

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ohhh!!

It was saying the 23rd for the last couple of days - they are really motoring!
Looking at the port of Halifax schedule it’s still saying the 23rd…

Siem Aristotle (that left a week before) is scheduled to arrive on the 19th… so vessel finder might be overly optimistic… fingers crossed I’m wrong!

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
They are making good headway, with following seas and wind abeam. Just under 17kt.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
Looking at the port of Halifax schedule it’s still saying the 23rd…

Siem Aristotle (that left a week before) is scheduled to arrive on the 19th… so vessel finder might be overly optimistic… fingers crossed I’m wrong!
If you look at her track,
Porsche Taycan All Aboard Felicity Ace! AFE57EAF-2A7D-470D-B413-5D97D86DD618
Siem Aristotle sat in the english channel for a while-my guess is they were waiting out the hurricane conditions. She is not that far ahead of Felicity Ace at this point.

OP
OP

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you look at her track,
AFE57EAF-2A7D-470D-B413-5D97D86DD618.png
Siem Aristotle sat in the english channel for a while-my guess is they were waiting out the hurricane conditions. She is not that far ahead of Felicity Ace at this point.
You're right!!

Siem Aristotle is pretty far south...

Hopefully it doesn't get in our way ;) hahah

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
I figure that Felicity Ace will lap Siem Aristotle at this rate. ;-).
Porsche Taycan All Aboard Felicity Ace! CB6974BC-E7D9-48BD-AE27-C46C733B8E25
Porsche Taycan All Aboard Felicity Ace! 2C219135-8604-49C8-AF0A-194FD4E85CF4