Who’s on board Felicity Ace - Feb 10 from Emden?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’d put money on a battery fire. Legit chance this was started by a taycan and won’t be easy to put out. Lithium batteries are bad news once breached
It could be anything and it Is very stormy in the Atlantic currently.
Although the ship seems just South of the weather systems battering UK currently.

I assume all the ICE cars on board will have fuel to drive on / off a ro-ro ship too? So also a fire hazard in the hold. Maybe more so than an EV?

The ship is still abandoned and drifting it seems.
Most recent status (within the last hour).

Porsche Taycan Who’s on board Felicity Ace - Feb 10 from Emden? Screenshot_20220217-051551_Chrome

The charts show a tug alongside now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I think there's pretty much no chance any regular series production car will be recovered from the vessel. If they even manage to get it to a port in one piece the smoke damage to the few cars that haven't burned down would probably be enough to scrap them. Good thing no one got injured.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
I think there's pretty much no chance any regular series production car will be recovered from the vessel. If they even manage to get it to a port in one piece the smoke damage to the few cars that haven't burned down would probably be enough to scrap them. Good thing no one got injured.
Also, their fire suppression equipment/procedures include use of salt water.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
The Rennlist thread had an incorrect picture, but shortly after had some accurate ones. Ship is on fire and listing in them.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Feb 17 0040 UTC UPDATE: All 22 crew were evacuated, and transported by helicopter to Faial island – 11 were picked up from life raft or lifeboat, 11 were rescued by merchant ship (understood by Suezmax crude oil tanker RESILIENT WARRIOR, IMO 9856359) and later airlifted by helicopter. FELICITY ACE is to be towed to nearest shelter, owner of the ship is to appoint salvage company. AIS is on, Portugal Navy patrol ship NRP SETUBAL (IMO 9286724) is approaching drifting car carrier, most probably to be on a standby until tugs arrive. FELICITY ACE is carrying Porsche and other Volkswagen Auto Group brands cars.

(4:40 PM yesterday 2/16 in USA Pacific Time)

https://www.fleetmon.com/maritime-news/2022/37269/mol-car-carrier-fire-abandoned-atlantic/

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Video released by the Portuguese navy of the rescue of Felicity Ace crew (mostly footage of the ship that rescued them)

Last edited:

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
I am really sorry to hear this for those waiting, really unlucky. I hope Porsche get you replacement cars soon.....lifes a bitch sometimes.

ladylow87

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Here's the update as of this AM from my SA:

"We just received an update. Porsche is trying to replace all the orders within the next 48 hours. We do not know the timing for completion on anything but the first step is the allocation.

And that is going to happen quickly."

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to take it to the Bermudas ? Maybe it would disappear with no trace and make it unnecessary to salvage it ?
Sponsored