vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I think it is! She’s cruising at 17KN and still slated to arrive in Halifax on time!!!!

We’ve got this!!
Bwahahahaha! "got this"?! You guys are forgetting that MY car is aboard this ship and virtually everything that can go wrong HAS gone wrong with my order. I realize that we're nearly at the finish line but should this ship get into Davisville on time we're still dealing with holiday closures and abbreviated work schedules due to the long weekend. Maybe you guys will get lucky but with my open campaigns and the aforementioned holiday issues I've pretty much resolved myself to the fact that this vehicle simply ain't getting delivered before year end. MY dealer hasn't even informed me that the vehicle is on a ship so they're not exactly prepping me for a delivery in the few final days of the month...

Remember that scene from the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula, whereby that cursed crate is traveling all alone on a dark ship from Eastern Europe to the USA with a small crew? That should have been the way they transported my 4S....

Sponsored

OP
OP

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Bwahahahaha! "got this"?! You guys are forgetting that MY car is aboard this ship and virtually everything that can go wrong HAS gone wrong with my order. I realize that we're nearly at the finish line but should this ship get into Davisville on time we're still dealing with holiday closures and abbreviated work schedules due to the long weekend. Maybe you guys will get lucky but with my open campaigns and the aforementioned holiday issues I've pretty much resolved myself to the fact that this vehicle simply ain't getting delivered before year end. MY dealer hasn't even informed me that the vehicle is on a ship so they're not exactly prepping me for a delivery in the few final days of the month...

Remember that scene from the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula, whereby that cursed crate is traveling all alone on a dark ship from Eastern Europe to the USA with a small crew? That should have been the way they transported my 4S....

Hahaha I’m there with you - im part of the forgotten July MY21s with you… I’m hoping the car gods will be kind to us given everything we’ve been through, but if someone told me the ship sunk with our cars it wouldn’t surprise me either haha…

Here’s to a Christmas miracle happening for us ? lol

Reactions: vdr

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Another member of the "May order/July stall/ November completion/ Felicity Ace" squad here. I was joking with my family that the ship was going to run into an iceberg or get stuck in the Azores. Anyone track the location today? I actually hadn't originally realized the ship stops in Halifax first so curious as to what the turnaround is like.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
She’s under 500 Nm from Halifax at going almost 18 kt. 30 hours is a reasonable guestimate so unless there’s a delay for a berth, she should arrive around midnight Dec 21. Halifax has her on the schedule for 05:30 on the 22nd. Weather is fairly mild in the area (for the North Atlantic in the winter). 20-25kt winds and waves on her nose.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Another member of the "May order/July stall/ November completion/ Felicity Ace" squad here. I was joking with my family that the ship was going to run into an iceberg or get stuck in the Azores. Anyone track the location today? I actually hadn't originally realized the ship stops in Halifax first so curious as to what the turnaround is like.
Oh I’m one too - production “complete” email back in July. I actually tracked a damn ship across the ocean back then assuming mines was on it and TYD just glitched out lol.

I think we’ve had enough of the wrong kind of luck- its our turn! I will be sitting in my Taycan on new years eve!

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
I don’t know if it is a good thing or bad, but Siem Aristotle that left Emden a week ahead of Felicity Ace, FINALLY got to Halifax early this morning. They got delayed by weather at least twice. I’m guessing that they are in the berth that Felicity Ace is headed to. And the crew that will offload may be the same. Ideally, they offload the boat today and leave today, We’re about 200nm out of Halifax at 15kt so 9pm she should be close.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I don’t know if it is a good thing or bad, but Siem Aristotle that left Emden a week ahead of Felicity Ace, FINALLY got to Halifax early this morning. They got delayed by weather at least twice. I’m guessing that they are in the berth that Felicity Ace is headed to. And the crew that will offload may be the same. Ideally, they offload the boat today and leave today, We’re about 200nm out of Halifax at 15kt so 9pm she should be close.
Your updates are appreciated. Thanks.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your updates are appreciated. Thanks.
seconded- but Aristotle better slide over and make room!

On another note, what’s everyones TYD saying at this point? Mines says on vessel but still has it 2800 miles out with the little indicator still on the other side of the ocean.

Dates are still way off too.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag

On another note, what’s everyones TYD saying at this point? Mines says on vessel but still has it 2800 miles out with the little indicator still on the other side of the ocean.

TYD doesn’t report anything between “on the boat” at Emden and “in the channel” at the destination. That said, TYD is saying Jan 15 for arrival…

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag

My TYD hasn’t changed in weeks. Dates are still showing delivery in mid-late January and the track of the boat still shows nearly 3000 miles away.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD doesn’t report anything between “on the boat” at Emden and “in the channel” at the destination. That said, TYD is saying Jan 15 for arrival…
got it - thought I saw people that had semi-decent tracking of the ships position using TYD.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
Here’s some good news-pilot assignments: Siem Aristotle leaves today at 3PM LT and Felicity Ace arrives at 4:30 tomorrow AM. Hopefully Felicity Ace follows a similar schedule and leaves tomorrow around 3PM.
Porsche Taycan All Aboard Felicity Ace! B008D964-FAA8-4FD0-B3AD-1A8E97113DE3

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag