All Aboard Felicity Ace!

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
FWIW, our dealer said that now he can give us a bill of sale (and we can pay) this week. I plan to register and file for a title on Friday.
What state is your car going to? I read some people were doing this but seems weird. What happens if the car doesnt make it to the dealer or if something happens along the way. Who owns it at that point?
Sponsored

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Just received an alert that the draught on the FA changed from 8.7 to 7.9 so it would appear that the ship has dropped some cars. Good news!

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well that was a range of emotions lol - went from thinking Tue / Wed unload to now thinking its on the dock waiting for a truck in the AM.

Who has the vessel tracking equivalent for trucks lol?!

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Well that was a range of emotions lol - went from thinking Tue / Wed unload to now thinking its on the dock waiting for a truck in the AM.

Who has the vessel tracking equivalent for trucks lol?
Yes! A very pleasant surprise indeed!

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
That was a roller coaster of emotions lol. I live in CT, so I’d been thinking there was a small shot at getting the car delivered this year since I’m such a short drive from RI. Then I gave up on that. Now I’m daring to dream again.

I have no idea what the actual process is for getting these cars from the dock to the dealer and prepped though, so I may be delusional.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve read some other threads and it really varies. It can be a quick out and just the regular transport time or sometimes cars have sat at the local docks waiting for parts / services etc. Even after getting to the dealer I think the ideal timing is 48 hours to get everything ready barring any setbacks.

We are not out of the woods yet but making great progress. This could def happen this week for those waiting in CT RI MA etc.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
As you guys start getting info from your dealers re: transport and delivery please post it up here. My TYD is useless and is still showing my car nearly 3k miles away off the coast of Portugal. TYD is still showing a Port Processing date of 01/14 and a Delivery Date of 01/21.

I had high hopes for TYD when I first placed my order but, in reality, found it to be a worthless tool that created more stress than it was worth.

Last edited:

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As you guys start getting into from your dealers re: transport and delivery please post it up here. My TYD is useless and is still showing my car nearly 3k miles away off the coast of Portugal. TYD is still showing a Port Procesiing date of 01/14 saved a Delivery Date of 01/21.

i had high hopes for TYD when I first placed my order but, in reality, found it to be a worthless tool that created more stress than it was worth.
I’m sure I’ll be breaking the news to the dealer as I have throughout this whole process lol. This forum def has us more informed than all of the dealers I have dealt with on this car.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I’m sure I’ll be breaking the news to the dealer as I have throughout this whole process lol. This forum def has us more informed than all of the dealers I have dealt with on this car.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling one gets on spending upwards of $140k on a car that’s been inexplicably delayed on numerous occasions, a year old at ultimate delivery and receives virtually no info from their dealer. This has been quite an experience.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
There’s nothing quite like the feeling one gets on spending upwards of $140k on a car that’s been inexplicably delayed on numerous occasions, a year old at ultimate delivery and receives virtually no info from their dealer. This has been quite an experience.
That sounds like my experience with Tesla Model X. I’m a year in and don’t even have a vin.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
FWIW, we talked to sales today. They said it was “checked in” today. Said that it still had to go through customs Before it could ship. I hope it remembered its passport and did not try to smuggle anything in.

Reactions: vdr

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW, we talked to sales today. They said it was “checked in” today. Said that it still had to go through customs Before it could ship. I hope it remembered its passport and did not try to smuggle anything in.
Nice - I’ll reach out to my dealer for an update shortly.
Hoping mines did smuggle something in to compensate for the wait!

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Noticed that my TYD has updated (as of yesterday) to stage 12 (post processing). It now shows a delivery date of 1/7. But given it only has 90 miles to travel to my dealership I assume that’s just a general estimate and not a specific one.
I emailed my dealer yesterday and haven’t heard anything back.
Sponsored