briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My SA just informed me that I have been put down for an allocation in February 2023... I placed my order early August just past - does this mean their allocations for this year are gone?

Oh, I've ordered an RWD.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My SA just informed me that I have been put down for an allocation in February 2023... I placed my order early August just past - does this mean their allocations for this year are gone?

Oh, I've ordered an RWD.
Most likely plus there's little time to order, allocate and build before the year is out. All 2022 allocations would have been snapped up months ago.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Having had a letter from Porsche asking me to bring in my yet to be delivered Taycan for a software update :mad: just to see if that meant my car was imminent or administrative incompetence sadly it is the latter.

It is the case that those cars which went into production recently after the 12 volt batteries became available are being completed and delivered before the ones that “fell in the hole” of being built and put in storage whilst the batteries were not available.

It is what one may expect from the convenience to Porsche and their profitability, but zero consolation for those of us waiting.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Having had a letter from Porsche asking me to bring in my yet to be delivered Taycan for a software update :mad: just to see if that meant my car was imminent or administrative incompetence sadly it is the latter.

It is the case that those cars which went into production recently after the 12 volt batteries became available are being completed and delivered before the ones that “fell in the hole” of being built and put in storage whilst the batteries were not available.

It is what one may expect from the convenience to Porsche and their profitability, but zero consolation for those of us waiting.
Alas, YES, to all of the above.

Battery logic makes no sense at all either.

Welcome to the shoddy world of Porsche UK - given my long term relationship with the brand I'm convinced it is part and parcel of ownership where administrative incompetence is a given from the get go and dare I say it 'embedded within their DNA'!!
Sponsored