Any 12V issues in UK?

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A lot of unfortunate users having 12V issues as reported in other threads, I've not seen any from any UK owners, is that just luck or do we think that there are differences in the car spec per country that may be causing the 12v issues?

I'm waiting (a little nervously now) for delivery of a 4S end of November - will be a MY21 car, any idea if the 12V issues are fixed in the newer spec?
Sponsored

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Hi Gordy,
I’m thinking the same, our car gets here 1st week of October and I’ve been keen to see if 12v issues are affecting UK Taycans. Looks like we will have to keep our eyes open on here...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've been wondering this myself - are there any non-US occurrences of this problem?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
So far so good here since 8th June 2020. Fingers crossed!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
So far so good here since 8th June 2020. Fingers crossed!
Have you done anything preventative, like keeping the 12v trickle charged or just treated it like any normal car, ie charge it only when needed and not both trickle charging the 12v?

jonwoodhead

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you done anything preventative, like keeping the 12v trickle charged or just treated it like any normal car, ie charge it only when needed and not both trickle charging the 12v?
I havent had this type of issue so far, and don't keep mine on a trickle charge

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I've been wondering this myself - are there any non-US occurrences of this problem?
I'm also wondering this. Is there a single occurrence of the issue outside North America? If not, the number one suspect for the issues are the differences in the NA electrical systems (which affects charging). Perhaps they did not test this properly at Porsche, it being a German manufacturer.

Just throwing ideas out there. But I would certainly like to know if Europeans have experienced this too. I know there are no cases in Finland at least. But there are like less than 100 Taycans here.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have had no firmware updates installed and I only charge my car when i need to (100% when going on a long run or 85% general usage). Never trickle charged it either. I don't charge everyday, probably twice/thrice a week.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I have had no firmware updates installed and I only charge my car when i need to (100% when going on a long run or 85% general usage). Never trickle charged it either. I don't charge everyday, probably twice/thrice a week.
Thanks a lot - appreciate that, given my car goes into production this week! Its come around faster than I realised...

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From reading the forum it seems those with drained batteries seem to be those who did not lock their cars overnight

I have not received my car yet but i have been reading all the forums/manuals etc and i understand that technically you never have to use the 'power' switch and that the car is automatically 'ready' when you get in and you can just put it into drive. And that when you take your seat belt off at a standstill it automatically switches off.

Seems like those with 12v issues, may have left the car 'ready' overnight hence the drain

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I forgot to lock my car the other night - no issues the next day..

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I'm also wondering this. Is there a single occurrence of the issue outside North America? If not, the number one suspect for the issues are the differences in the NA electrical systems (which affects charging). Perhaps they did not test this properly at Porsche, it being a German manufacturer.

Just throwing ideas out there. But I would certainly like to know if Europeans have experienced this too. I know there are no cases in Finland at least. But there are like less than 100 Taycans here.
Interesting question? I have not had any 12 volt issues either, touch wood! And I have left the car unlocked when charging over night as well as locked the car. I also hve changed the charging profile and set it to direct charging via the app at one or two occasions and that has been fine. And I have tried to turn on preheat via app with varying degrees of success. Maybe it is that J1772 protocol or whatever it is called for NA charging???