Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Don't understand why this would affect the garage charger in any way other than the ability to do remote stuff via Porsche Connect. Regarding public chargers, there are other ways to use them besides the Porsche membership.
Yes that was my thoughts as well. What use would the charger be if you brought it along to a rented summer cottage or ski lodge? There is probably no WiFi there and not being able to charge then sounds completely nuts! I thought the WiFi connection brings the benefit of connecting to the Porsche Home Energy Manager plus the fact you will see your charging sessions in the MyPorsche web site. i have been able to see how much I have charged that way for what it is worth.

If the charger only works when it has connected to your PorscheID, then I think Porsche has lost it completely?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Just another thought about Porsche Connect! It is something that is included for free for the first three years. And then it will be a chargeable service. I think I saw somebody posting the cost as 800 Euro for an additional years!?

If you do not sign up for that service, surely the car and charger will not be bricked?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
The charger does not need WiFi to operate. The WiFi allows you to manage the charge process From elsewhere in your house.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, I did not realize you cannot set your desired speed with Innodrive. What is the point of that? I don't remember driving anywhere in the world where the main car flux is at or below posted limit. Most of drivers go 5-10 mph over.
You can set your speed initially, at whatever you like, like a regular old cruise control. Then if you have the ACC or Innodrive options, the vehicle will also slow to maintain a safe distance from a vehicle in front of you. If that is all the functionality you need, the cruise control works pretty well. It seems to not have as many issues with braking due to misrecognition of a vehicle that’s in another lane, compared to others I have used. The distance control from the vehicle you are following is easy to adjust. And with Active Lake Keeping on, the vehicle also stays is the center of the lane relatively well (as opposed to bouncing back and forth between the lane markings. But it starts to get angry quick if there is not enough steering wheel feedback.

That part is all good, but I was excited to use some some of the more advanced Innodrive features. For example, on the Good to Know App, it explains how Innodrive automatically adjusts the cruise speed for you when the limit changes. This option can be set to on or off. (That is the option that I was complaining should be able to adjust to a certain amount over the limit, instead of just ‘on’ or ‘off’.) A poster in Europe said he lets Innovdrive take him through roundabouts. There may be different functionality available in the US, because I don't think my 4S would ever do that. I expected some features closer to T's so-called Autopilot....

If I had a do-over, would not have put some of the tech features in my spec (including Night Vision, which is cool, but also unnecessary imo) opting instead for the performance package, and maybe bigger brakes (for looks only, as the standard 4S brakes have been completely adequate). Do you already have your 4S?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can set your speed initially, at whatever you like, like a regular old cruise control. Then if you have the ACC or Innodrive options, the vehicle will also slow to maintain a safe distance from a vehicle in front of you. If that is all the functionality you need, the cruise control works pretty well. It seems to not have as many issues with braking due to misrecognition of a vehicle that’s in another lane, compared to others I have used. The distance control from the vehicle you are following is easy to adjust. And with Active Lake Keeping on, the vehicle also stays is the center of the lane relatively well (as opposed to bouncing back and forth between the lane markings. But it starts to get angry quick if there is not enough steering wheel feedback.

That part is all good, but I was excited to use some some of the more advanced Innodrive features. For example, on the Good to Know App, it explains how Innodrive automatically adjusts the cruise speed for you when the limit changes. This option can be set to on or off. (That is the option that I was complaining should be able to adjust to a certain amount over the limit, instead of just ‘on’ or ‘off’.) A poster in Europe said he lets Innovdrive take him through roundabouts. There may be different functionality available in the US, because I don't think my 4S would ever do that. I expected some features closer to T's so-called Autopilot....

If I had a do-over, would not have put some of the tech features in my spec (including Night Vision, which is cool, but also unnecessary imo) opting instead for the performance package, and maybe bigger brakes (for looks only, as the standard 4S brakes have been completely adequate). Do you already have your 4S?
I'm looking forward to testing all this in the UK in a few weeks time. I'm interested to know if the Innodrive & Active Lane Keeping is close or better that the T Autopilot.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm looking forward to testing all this in the UK in a few weeks time. I'm interested to know if the Innodrive & Active Lane Keeping is close or better that the T Autopilot.
Please let me know what you think after you test it. And whether you find any tricks or tips that make it easier to use. Might even be worth a new thread.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Please let me know what you think after you test it. And whether you find any tricks or tips that make it easier to use. Might even be worth a new thread.
Yeah, I was planning to do some videos and stuff but my you tube channel is setup for business videos and my taycan has the full stealth pack so customers dont see it!

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Again, no plug and play? Porsche, really?
It is plug and play, but a tad counterintuitive. The charger kept asking stuff for the initial setup, then got disconnected from my wifi because of poor signal in the garage. I had to log back in - but while trying to figure it out I realized it is charging already.....

For those who had Tesla in the past, do not panic (like I did) when charging speed is displayed in miles per minute.... compared to Tesla miles per hour, it will be a ridiculously low number (0.3-0.4).

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I have it, but since I abandoned my order for the dealer inventory car there is no adaptive cruise or innodrive. Will have to be more patient in 3 years when lease is over .....

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
No regrets. To me, it is "the best car in the world". My wife thinks so, too, and doesn't want to drive any of the other cars except under protest :). The V8s brake disks are rusty.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
.....buried PCM menus, ingress/egress for a tall person (B pillar in the way), the list goes on. For daily driving, creature comforts are important.
I would ditto that on the egress from the driver's seat.
I'm also 6'2" yet am easily able to roll out of my other Pcars and even low track car. I have yet to be able to come up with a quick way to exit the Tay.....yes the whole structure supporting the B pillar is right there in the way. Will keep trying different techniques.
After a month I am still wrestling w/the PCM.....PCNA-Atlanta not much help.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
It is plug and play, but a tad counter intuitive.
Counter intuitive is a good descriptive.
I did get the home charger to set-up and charge.
There is some security there along with a QR code acknowledgement entry but OK.
Now back to the car and trying to get a PIN from My Porsche needed for personalized settings/profiles.......apparently even necessary if you try to log-in as Guest.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Counter intuitive is a good descriptive.
I did get the home charger to set-up and charge.
There is some security there along with a QR code acknowledgement entry but OK.
Now back to the car and trying to get a PIN from My Porsche needed for personalized settings/profiles.......apparently even necessary if you try to log-in as Guest.
Was that not the 4 digit code you had to enter first time in the setup process?

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Was that not the 4 digit code you had to enter first time in the setup process?
I never got a 4 digit code.
The 'set-up process' for me does not get past selecting 'English' as the language :) .
OK so....a couple screens after selecting English, the display says "You have not created a Security Code at My Porsche. This PIN is necessary to identify yourself in the vehicle"
IMHO.....'My Porsche' is totally wacked for me and still doesn't recognize any of my Pcars much less the Taycan.....though I've sent them scans of Titles, Sales receipts, etc. I just tried again and the site says...."An error occurred. We apologize. Please try again."

Back to the car.....tried to use 'Guest' to log in so I could at least get some seat profiles going......and it then displays, Not available....must use personalized settings in previous page with My Porsche Security Code.
Dealer admits it's 'frustrating' and says they have reached out to PCNA.
Sponsored