bdy0627

First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla Model X, Hyundai Santa Fe
Country flag
Clearly the CT is more practical, but it really changes the look of the vehicle to something I don't find appealing aesthetically. I seem to be in the minority on that but it is what it is.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Clearly the CT is more practical, but it really changes the look of the vehicle to something I don't find appealing aesthetically. I seem to be in the minority on that but it is what it is.
I’m with you on that.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm interested in hearing from those with both of these vehicles in terms of their experience with them and which one they tend to choose to drive more often. I have a Taycan and have been thinking about a Macan for a while but have held off. I think I would choose the Macan when I have older passengers, back seat passengers (I think?), trips to get groceries and supplies, heavy snow, hauling our dog, offroad/bad road driving, and drives longer than 2 hours (to avoid the wait for charging). Thanks for any input!
I just sold my Macan and bought a Taycan. The storage space is actually very similar unless you pack the Macan right to the ceiling in which case you get a bit more headroom.
The Taycan is way better driving experience and better in the snow and slippery roads.
Backseats are not much roomier in the Macan. In both vehicles I have to move the drivers seat up for rear leg room. I am 6’2” and have good head room in the back of both.
The only thing that I preferred on the Macan was the higher clearance for snow but that’s rarely an issue if one at all.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Traded my Macan GTS in for my Taycan GTS. Miss my Macan GTS as much as I would miss my Taycan GTS if I didn’t have it. Miss the more SUV like nature and exhaust notes of the Macan. Love the EV’ness, speed, tech and handling of the Taycan. Have also had 911’s as well as a 944. The only one I don’t miss is the 944. All great and all different.
At $5 a gallon here, when I head out on 40+ mile trips I take the Taycan thus saving some bucks.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
I have owned far too many cars in my lifetime than I'd care to admit, two of which were Macans (2019 Base and 2021 GTS) and also owned a Cayenne eHybrid (and various other Porsches!).

I truly love my Taycan, but I also have a more utilitarian ICE vehicle (LR Defender) for snow, trips to Home Depot, the dump, the beach, etc.

If I could own only ONE car at a time, the car I'd choose- from ALL of the cars that I have owned- would be my Macan GTS. Truly a FANTASTIC car. I am not a 'big (meaning large) car' guy so to me the Macan GTS was the perfect balance of performance, comfort, utility, etc. I do recognize that a Cayenne would be better for someone routinely 4-5 people around. For me that was less than 2% of my travel so the Macan driving experience suited me over the Cayenne spaciousness.

A couple of years from now if I deided on moving to one car (not counting my wife's car!), I likely choose a Macan EV.

I hope that this is helpful.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I also prefer the look of the saloon but looks aren't the most important aspect in a car for me, the space and access for my dog and the suspension travel of a cross turismo for our appalling roads were both more important for my choice.

I wouldn't have bought a Taycan at all if the estate car version didn't exist.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I also prefer the look of the saloon but looks aren't the most important aspect in a car for me, the extra space and suspension travel of a cross turismo were both more important for my choice.

I wouldn't have bought a Taycan at all if the estate car version didn't exist.
The most important is a good looking driver. The rest doesn’t matter.

Porsche Taycan Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan? IMG_8043
Sponsored