Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
May I ask what model year is your 4CT? I’ve done some digging on inconsistent brake feeling, that’s why i am asking thanks. @WasserGKuehlt
MY2023, built Nov ‘22.

And to clarify, I’m referring to the cut-off of regen at 6mph; if the brake pedal pressure is “just so”, below that cutoff it feels as if the car is lurching forward. It can be unsettling for the casual/unfamiliar driver.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Oh wow, a topic I am actually qualified to address...
It’s 11:30 AM and I’m on my third drink here at the incredible Pullman resort in Maldives, so I’m also starting to think that I am very much qualified to answer anyone’s questions today (but better qualifications in a few hours).

One big downside other than overall utility, space, and ground clearance from my previous Cayenne is weight when it gets icy in the winter. I already had a few close calls around corners, once couldn’t make the turn and had to go into someone’s driveway and the other got close to a tree. I want to think it’s the car and not my drive-it-like-I-stole-it-driving. Currently on Michelin Alpine winters (forget which number now).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm interested in hearing from those with both of these vehicles in terms of their experience with them and which one they tend to choose to drive more often. I have a Taycan and have been thinking about a Macan for a while but have held off. I think I would choose the Macan when I have older passengers, back seat passengers (I think?), trips to get groceries and supplies, heavy snow, hauling our dog, offroad/bad road driving, and drives longer than 2 hours (to avoid the wait for charging). Thanks for any input!
I have both - wife prefers her Macan T over the Taycan GTS ST (I know!) - prefers the height and ease of ingress / egress. Will switch to Macan EV after a few years once the bugs are ironed out.

This is the 2nd Macan we've owned the T is new and we had a Turbo when originally launched some years ago. Today's Macan is a solid performer and matured into something that just works.

Tyrrell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Tourismo 718 Spyder PDK PTS
Country flag
Sold my Macan GTS for a Taycan ST GTS would not go back enough said.

Porsche Taycan Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan? IMG_1194

Porsche Taycan Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan? IMG_1196

Porsche Taycan Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan? IMG_1197

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like everyone pretty much prefers the Taycan to the Macan for most (nearly all?) scenarios. My wife won't drive the Taycan either so it's only driven by me. I think it's intimidating for her for whatever reason. She is not a sports car person. I think the higher driving height and visibility out of the Macan would be nice for daily driving but I'm sure it would feel less smooth and powerful than my 4S Taycan, power that is mostly used for passing on highways.
My wife looked at Macan and Cayenne when switching out of her second Model S. Ended up with the Q8 etron, she loves it now (took a bit of time to get over the unintuitive user experience of Audi vs. Model S - we almost returned it, but she is used to its usability shortcomings now and by far prefers it over the current generation S or X).

Given no electric Macan or Cayenne, perhaps check out the Q8 eTron for your wife. Some good deals to be had out there (at least there were a month ago). Also, I drive my Taycan, but on the rare occasion when I drive the Q8 etron, it's no Taycan but I like better than the Macan or Cayenne loaners I've had before.

I think a weekly trip to the gas station for a Macan might actually be cheaper or at least close in cost but I'm not certain.
I cannot see the math working even equal between the two out unless your gas is really cheap and home electricity very expensive.

I do find my teenage daughters prefer riding in the SUV when going somewhere as it's just easier to get in and out, and I think they like the higher riding position and more space. My parents don't like getting into and out of the Taycan when they ride in it; it's just too low for them.
Both my wife and teenage daughter prefer the higher sitting, easier in/out of the Q8 etron over the Taycan.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Very valid point on depreciation which can bounce back due to unexpected demand. We never expected our 2016 Macan Turbo to keep its value but it was sought after by multiple buyers given its 3.6L engine and condition and we let it go for 30% over best market comparable, and it was CPO'd for 3 years (paid by the buyer). We are expecting nothing less from possibly the last of ICE 2024 Macan GTS that replaced it.
When you say expecting nothing less, you mean you keep your cars in such a great shape that they fetch 30% than other sellers with the same car (market comparables)? Or are you expecting the market to go crazy like it did during the pandemic where 2 year old cars sold above MSRP of new?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Having owned the Taycan and Macan, I would say that neither of them are ideal people movers…both vehicles are a bit too ”cozy” for rear passengers. I would add a Cayenne to the stable if that was one of the main missions.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I'm interested in hearing from those with both of these vehicles in terms of their experience with them and which one they tend to choose to drive more often. I have a Taycan and have been thinking about a Macan for a while but have held off. I think I would choose the Macan when I have older passengers, back seat passengers (I think?), trips to get groceries and supplies, heavy snow, hauling our dog, offroad/bad road driving, and drives longer than 2 hours (to avoid the wait for charging). Thanks for any input!
i had the Macan as loaner while they do me a rim job. I hated the thing. The tranny sucks. it's like going back in time. if i buy one now, its worsen than throwing money into fire. With fire, at least i get some warmth. I suspect that you didn't get the cross turismo.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the CT 4 and traded in a 2022 VW Tiguan.

there is nothing that my CT cannot do that I was doing with the Tiguan.

I also had a 2023 Cayenne as a loaner for two weeks and I did not like it. I missed my Taycan driving feeling, speed and agility.

the only downside of the Taycan is the range when you do longer trips. You need to plan it in advance.

If you have home/work charger, as I do, then you are stress free 95% of the time.

my wife drives it but always complains about it (not brought space, fancy, controls etc). She liked the Cayenne.
exact feeling. i would not buy a Boxter EV. i wouldnt have the battery to play with after driving more than 100 km just to get to the B road.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s 11:30 AM and I’m on my third drink here at the incredible Pullman resort in Maldives, so I’m also starting to think that I am very much qualified to answer anyone’s questions today (but better qualifications in a few hours).

One big downside other than overall utility, space, and ground clearance from my previous Cayenne is weight when it gets icy in the winter. I already had a few close calls around corners, once couldn’t make the turn and had to go into someone’s driveway and the other got close to a tree. I want to think it’s the car and not my drive-it-like-I-stole-it-driving. Currently on Michelin Alpine winters (forget which number now).
yeah, in think Taycan has so character on weight side. damnest thing is not enough snow to test yet.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife looked at Macan and Cayenne when switching out of her second Model S. Ended up with the Q8 etron, she loves it now (took a bit of time to get over the unintuitive user experience of Audi vs. Model S - we almost returned it, but she is used to its usability shortcomings now and by far prefers it over the current generation S or X).

Given no electric Macan or Cayenne, perhaps check out the Q8 eTron for your wife. Some good deals to be had out there (at least there were a month ago). Also, I drive my Taycan, but on the rare occasion when I drive the Q8 etron, it's no Taycan but I like better than the Macan or Cayenne loaners I've had before.

I cannot see the math working even equal between the two out unless your gas is really cheap and home electricity very expensive.

Both my wife and teenage daughter prefer the higher sitting, easier in/out of the Q8 etron over the Taycan.
Yeah. i dont see how gas is on par with Electricity at all. i paid so much driving the loaner in gas. i wont even bother with a loaner when i get my next rim job.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had both the original gen 1, 2016 Turbo which someone else here mentioned had the wonderful 3.6l engine v6. I then had a 2022 with the 2.9l audi v6, a very unrefined rough, loud engine in my opinion. I traded it in on the Taycan as it felt like a step backwards compared to gen 1 (just my opinion) and have not regretted the decision for a second. good luck, whatever you decide!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
When you say expecting nothing less, you mean you keep your cars in such a great shape that they fetch 30% than other sellers with the same car (market comparables)? Or are you expecting the market to go crazy like it did during the pandemic where 2 year old cars sold above MSRP of new?
There are several factors that play into high valuation of any car that we (my wife and I) have owned in the past and decided to sell with market not being a factor in any single instance.

- We always bought new with thoughtful close to no compromise builds for our needs
- We invest in paint protection and I only hand wash and maintain top condition at all times as I enjoy doing it, making extra cash doing this when I was in college. Also, I make cosmetic adds that make cars look sharp and unique with tint, LED upgrades, paint some parts gloss black, gift a COBB unit at sale, include a set of brand new OEM car mats, original brochures in print, add an OEM body kit in the Acura's instance.
- We service at a brand of dealership with all records and services up to date, but to save on cost, I am nice and friendly to the service staff, and get some discounts others do not. I gifted a Roar Pedal to my Service Advisor and I came in with all tools and installed it for his Macan Base and he actually got in trouble loving it too much what he called doing "hot laps" around the back of the dealership. This returns to me in big discounts and good will repairs at no cost when I need it. I got an alignment check on the Taycan for $135 that took 2 hours with an hourly Taycan tech rate is $225/hour plus shop fees.

This translates into the following when we decided to sell one of our examples:

Condition: There is not another example of its kind in the total condition as a package so it is very desirable to many buyers all records are intact, dealer CPOs not for 2 but 3 years since they serviced the car since delivery for all the years, then it has all the cosmetic bits that allows the buyer enjoys the car from the first mile, similar to a move in ready house. Then I have some gifts that go along with it that make it an icing on the cake (new set of OEM carpet and weather mats that I buy right away and store for future sale). All that calls for a premium greater than my investment.

Spec Combo: Also, some buyers are looking for a specific combo like a 2016 (not first year), Turbo (not a Performance trim that came after) and a Porsche 3.6L engine that was replaced with the Audi 2.9L. This drives the premium even higher if combined with the condition above.

This approach has worked very well for me but it requires ongoing effort but I enjoy the process so that is no effort at all. I am anticipating 2024 Macan will hold value well going into the headwinds of EV push where people would want to go back and seek it out and my example will be the best one they could find.

Our Acura that is 14 years old was so unique given both of the factors above it went for 50% over best market comparable and I could have asked for more, but did not as the family really wanted it for their hard working college student. Does this look like a 14 year old car to anyone? This student is driving now a perfect example built in Japan Euro Accord with an OEM body kit in most desirable exterior color as they painted their race cars like this with stickers over that also has XM radio. However, the best feature he liked was a 6 CD changer and iPod input, kids are going back in time appreciating this stuff, if only it had a vinyl record player.

Porsche Taycan Anyone have a Taycan and a Macan? 1704644777259

Last edited: