Anyone seen any Porsche Finance PCP final value/payment figures for the refresh Taycan yet?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm curious to see how, as a percentage of the base (i.e. before cost options) price new, they compare with the 66% of base price (ignoring cost options) I was quoted late 2021 for a CT 4S and CT Turbo, after 3 years at 6k annual miles. If I weren't intending to keep this car longer, I'd be wishing that I'd taken that PCP.
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I’ve ordered a turbo and awaiting finance options. The new cars have not been updated into the system yet, suspect they are trying to figure out the GFV.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I think Porsche will support the GFVs especially with 12% APR
Monthly payments are going to be sky high anyway
Values are tragic at the moment

Webuyanycar is only a guide but they valued my Taycan GTS at
£69k 17/1/24
£65k 1/2/24
£61k today

I have a GFV of £75,500 on 31/5/24 after 2 years ownership and I am guessing my Taycan will be worth less than £61k in 3 months
[List was £104k base price £111k with Xtras]

I am handing it back to Porsche finance in May just in case you are wondering

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
I think Porsche will support the GFVs especially with 12% APR
Monthly payments are going to be sky high anyway
Values are tragic at the moment

Webuyanycar is only a guide but they valued my Taycan GTS at
£69k 17/1/24
£65k 1/2/24
£61k today

I have a GFV of £75,500 on 31/5/24 after 2 years ownership and I am guessing my Taycan will be worth less than £61k in 3 months
[List was £104k base price £111k with Xtras]

I am handing it back to Porsche finance in May just in case you are wondering
Been looking myself at how the values are plummeting below GFV. I've got another 14 mths to go yet, but already in my head that I'll be handing the car back.

What you thinking of swapping into?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Been looking myself at how the values are plummeting below GFV. I've got another 14 mths to go yet, but already in my head that I'll be handing the car back.

I am all over the Macan Forum like an uncomfortable rash.
I have ordered a Mac 4. Deposited a month ago. Not locked my spec yet.
I spend 3 hrs a day on the configurator changing my mind.
Astonishing how it is £30k better value than a new Taycan.
Not as good looking, but the best looking SUV
and I need the practical, more roomy benefits.
Should be delivered 2 half of this year.
Bicycle June July August

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
GFV on my 'used' December 23 GTS with 350miles on is £52.5k after four years and 10k per annum. List was £131k with options o_O .

Based on my purchase price its a great deal. Less than £8k per year depreciation. WAYYY less than my RS6! or my standard A6 cars I had in the past for that matter.

Depreciation is certainly an issue but I don't really see why? People who lease simply give it back. People who PCP simply give it back. Do people actually buy these cars at sticker for cash?

I have PCP'd a number of high end cars and there is never any asset left at the end of the term. Maybe a couple of grand but that's through negotiation on part exchange... I intend to run the car for four years anyway.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

My PCP is due Aug 2025 (4 years).

I had the funds available, but did the PCP as a hedge just in case prices plummeted. No way did I think I would hand it back, but it now looks like it will be the best option.

If I was getting rid today, I would be heading over to BMW - likely a i4.

icegrey4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
GFV on my 'used' December 23 GTS with 350miles on is £52.5k after four years and 10k per annum. List was £131k with options o_O .

Based on my purchase price its a great deal. Less than £8k per year depreciation. WAYYY less than my RS6! or my standard A6 cars I had in the past for that matter.

Depreciation is certainly an issue but I don't really see why? People who lease simply give it back. People who PCP simply give it back. Do people actually buy these cars at sticker for cash?

I have PCP'd a number of high end cars and there is never any asset left at the end of the term. Maybe a couple of grand but that's through negotiation on part exchange... I intend to run the car for four years anyway.
I bought mine for cash last month:whew: Pre-reg, 13 miles on the clock, £28K discount from list. It was a business purchase so had the cash sitting there and wasn’t sure if the safety net of handing the car back was worth paying 10% interest for… Still not sure even now which option was the best choice! But I’m hoping the tax savings will soften the depreciation a bit and help to balance out the long term cost to something reasonable.

To be fair, I went in with my eyes wide open (I spent 4 months doing the maths before finally buying!) and have accepted that these cars cost a lot to own, but I’m okay with that because it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. No regrets here, and planning on keeping it for a while.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Here are Uk finance examples.
It certainly is not 66% retained value any more!!

Porsche know Taycan 2 will depreciate worse than EV Macan.
MUCH worse than Taycan 1

Here I am cross shopping between
Mac 4 and Taycan CT4
10,000 miles 3 years finance deal

Taycan 47% retained value
Macan 52% retained value
Taycan 50k depreciation
Macan 33k depreciation
90k over 3 years for Mac
123k over 3 years for Taycan

All this before ANY extras which are more expensive on the Taycan and will make depreciation even more catastrophic....

I think that is optimistic on the Taycan so take the finance to hedge and protect future value.
I think that is about right on the Macan.

Porsche Taycan Anyone seen any Porsche Finance PCP final value/payment figures for the refresh Taycan yet? IMG_4565

Porsche Taycan Anyone seen any Porsche Finance PCP final value/payment figures for the refresh Taycan yet? IMG_4566

Porsche Taycan Anyone seen any Porsche Finance PCP final value/payment figures for the refresh Taycan yet? IMG_4567

Last edited:
OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Here are Uk finance examples.
porsche know Taycan will depreciate much worse than Macan.
Here I am cross shopping between
Mac 4 and Taycan CT4
Taycan 47% retained value
Macan 52% retained value
Taycan 50k depreciation
Macan 33k depreciation
I think that is optimistic on the Taycan so take the finance to protect future value. I think that is about right on the Macan.
Many thanks for sharing, particularly useful with the Macan example for comparison.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm curious to see how, as a percentage of the base (i.e. before cost options) price new, they compare with the 66% of base price (ignoring cost options) I was quoted late 2021 for a CT 4S and CT Turbo, after 3 years at 6k annual miles. If I weren't intending to keep this car longer, I'd be wishing that I'd taken that PCP.
Same interest rate as at present so same calculation if same balloon, period and mileage would be a fair guess.

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'll point some things out here.

The three month old GTS ST i just bought has a GFV of (£52,500) after FOUR years with 10,000 per annum. It also has an over mileage rate of 17p.

The 4S example above is a higher rate, a lower GFV and higher excess millage. £20k deposit and nearly £1500 per month... This is laughable!

For the additional £800 a month you can keep your larger battery - and the 'on the road price' for a 4S CT is now 'from £100,400.00 incl. VAT' so the figures above will rise.

Its almost like these cars are 35% overpriced so 'company' buyers can pay 40% less and 'save' money.... :rolleyes:

hugglemcduggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G82 M4 Competition
Country flag
Glad I found this thread. I was taking a look at the finance examples today and couldn't believe the numbers I was seeing. I was eyeing up a Turbo... not anymore. I am not willing to stump up that amount of cash to bring the monthlies down to 1k-1.5k.

I'll likely go with the standard version and spec as best I can within budget, but I really wonder how many people are going to jump at these cars amongst the current climate.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Glad I found this thread. I was taking a look at the finance examples today and couldn't believe the numbers I was seeing. I was eyeing up a Turbo... not anymore. I am not willing to stump up that amount of cash to bring the monthlies down to 1k-1.5k.

I'll likely go with the standard version and spec as best I can within budget, but I really wonder how many people are going to jump at these cars amongst the current climate.
I've just now checked the Panamera Turbo Hybrid example- that has a RV of 57% after the same term that the Taycan Turbo ends up on 41%- big red flag.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Porsche are shifting production to the Macan. The price difference is ludicrous when considering it is the same amount of ‘car’
Weight, battery, mechanicals, wheels etc. Just a different shape.
Dealers are taking 10-20 deposits for the new Macan for every new Taycan deposit. The Taycan will become a niche GT car like a Panamera with wildly inflated prices and huge depreciation. The Taycan is too expensive. The Macan too cheap.
Porsche are trying to kid us that the Taycan is worth 50% more. It’s just not.
Sponsored