Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm Baffled. I have a 2020 Turbo and for the past6 months Apple Car Play has worked like a charm. UNTIL...yesterday when it simply dissappeared. I have tried rebooting everything to no avail. I also tried changing the order of car on, plug in Phone, and vice versa.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as the thought of going to the dealer for this is not a pleasant experience. HELP.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I'm Baffled. I have a 2020 Turbo and for the past6 months Apple Car Play has worked like a charm. UNTIL...yesterday when it simply dissappeared. I have tried rebooting everything to no avail. I also tried changing the order of car on, plug in Phone, and vice versa.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as the thought of going to the dealer for this is not a pleasant experience. HELP.
Had this happen last weekend. I used the tried and true method of locking the car with the key fob and then returned 15 minutes later and Apple Car Play works again. MY20 4S+.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Check the USB connection. If the cable or ports go bad such that the data connection is bad (but the power still works) your iPhone will charge but CarPlay won't work.

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Had this happen last weekend. I used the tried and true method of locking the car with the key fob and then returned 15 minutes later and Apple Car Play works again. MY20 4S+.
Thanks. That did it

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If this happens again try hard resetting your iPhone. That should re-initiate the handshake protocol with the PCM. Quicker than waiting 14 mins too.
Sponsored