MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have optioned the Race-Tex B-Pillars for my CT4S for exactly the same reason. I noticed the driver's side pillar in the demo car was quite badly marked which made me read up on it here.

Be wary though - once I optioned the lower pillars, I then found myself wanting the uppers in Race-Tex as well. This then led to the roof lining.................damn that configurator lol! ;)
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Since you have Race Tex and GTS ST like me on order, what exterior colour are you going for? I've settled on Neptune Blue.
Mamba Green, although I do like Neptune Blue.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I have optioned the Race-Tex B-Pillars for my CT4S for exactly the same reason. I noticed the driver's side pillar in the demo car was quite badly marked which made me read up on it here.

Be wary though - once I optioned the lower pillars, I then found myself wanting the uppers in Race-Tex as well. This then led to the roof lining.................damn that configurator lol! ;)
?I thought that Race-Tex roof lining (down to the lower B-pillars) was a pre-requisite for the lower B-pillars?

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Race Tex roof and uppers are standard on GTS I think

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Mamba Green, although I do like Neptune Blue.
Good choice. I'm not brave enough but love the colour. Seen a few in the flesh and it's a stunning colour.

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
If you're getting the race-tex roof liner it makes sense to go race-tex to minimise the differences in materials.

However I have a 4S and could never bring myself to the plastic B Pillars. If the pillars were less prominent I would be less bothered. So I spec'd leather B Pillars and Sills. They are really nice and do give the sense of premium. Wear and tear hasn't been an issue (I do treat them with leather balm). I also chose no deviated stitching as I was worried over staining around the sills.

Photos below. Sorry the car needs a good clean!

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? 20221028_104941

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? 20221028_104834

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? 20221028_092008

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? 20221028_105004(0)

Porsche Taycan B-pillar option recommendations? 20221028_091955

btaback

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2022 F150 Lightning
Country flag
If you're getting the race-tex roof liner it makes sense to go race-tex to minimise the differences in materials.

However I have a 4S and could never bring myself to the plastic B Pillars. If the pillars were less prominent I would be less bothered. So I spec'd leather B Pillars and Sills. They are really nice and do give the sense of premium. Wear and tear hasn't been an issue (I do treat them with leather balm). I also chose no deviated stitching as I was worried over staining around the sills.

Photos below. Sorry the car needs a good clean!

20221028_104941.jpg

20221028_104834.jpg

20221028_092008.jpg

20221028_105004(0).jpg

20221028_091955.jpg
Just so you have the opposite POV, I was torn on RaceTex roof lining and pillars in my 4S and in the end decided not to spend the money - I have zero regrets. I don’t even notice the plastic pillars (perhaps the Bordeaux interior draws your eyes elsewhere). For all of the options that I spent hours considering I will say that after 4 months of ownership, I wouldn’t change a thing on the next one. The performance and styling of the car makes all of that playing on the configurator a distant memory.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
The B pillar takes a beating entering and exiting the car. This is especially relevant, if you are driving locally with more ingress/egress per operating hour. I have Bordeaux leather interior and the plastic pillar that was standard fare. My B pillar is showing significant wear after 18 months and 12k miles of mostly local driving. After living with the car, I would not recommend anything but the plastic pillar. I don't see how the leather/racetex will hold up over time and use.
I think the climate is also relevant to wear. There is more wear with heavier clothing, zippers etc rubbing during ingress/egress. Just my 2c.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Race tex .....feel 10 .....durability zero
Unless you pussy foot around the car instead of driving it
After 3 years looks awful ...not going there again 😁
Watch the videos on how to clean ,keep it fluffed up with a little brush🤯
You end up too scared to touch it ...stick with the plastic ...
Also if you've got pets its a pet hair magnet🤣

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am amazed at Porsche’s ability to create options like this. What a cash machine!

I haven’t received my Taycan yet but I have a Panamera with the same B-pillar design and seat set-up as Taycan. The Pan has a white leather interior with color matched plastic B-pillars. After 3 years of ownership, there are no scratches or issues. Fundamentally, its a question of taste as to whether the upgrade is worth it to you.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am amazed at Porsche’s ability to create options like this. What a cash machine!

I haven’t received my Taycan yet but I have a Panamera with the same B-pillar design and seat set-up as Taycan. The Pan has a white leather interior with color matched plastic B-pillars. After 3 years of ownership, there are no scratches or issues. Fundamentally, its a question of taste as to whether the upgrade is worth it to you.
The Taycan B-pillars are unusually wide, and positioned well forward of the seat backs, which forces many people to struggle to get past them, resulting in scratches to the B-pillars. Panamera B-pillars are narrower, and positioned further back with respect to the front seats.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I have Bordeaux leather interior and the plastic pillar that was standard fare. My B pillar is showing significant wear after 18 months and 12k miles of mostly local driving. After living with the car, I would not recommend anything but the plastic pillar.
I don't know how you enter your car but I have zero wear on my Race-Tex B-Pillars after 13 month and 25k km (15.5k miles) also mostly local driving. The plastic B-pillar covers just look cheap. I would always recommend race tex or leather b-pillars if possible.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The Taycan B-pillars are unusually wide, and positioned well forward of the seat backs, which forces many people to struggle to get past them, resulting in scratches to the B-pillars. Panamera B-pillars are narrower, and positioned further back with respect to the front seats.
I thought the same thing…that the Taycan was somehow worse in terms of ingress/egress. This was one of the reasons I went for a test drive. When I returned to my car, I took a look only to realize that my Pan (which I had been driving for over 1.5 years) had the same basic geometry….I was already passing the B-pillar in the same way to get into and out of the seat.

As for material choice, my view is that the faux suede material looks cheap on the b-pillar. If I hated the plastic, I would go leather for sure.
Sponsored