Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just traded in my 2020 M2 for a base Taycan and am happy to have done it. M2 a nice and quick car but much happier w/ Taycan and speed is fine for Grand Touring (which is what I wanted). Taycan ride is much more comfortable than M2.
Just as well.....I have had enough of having to shout 'brace! brace! brace!' to any passengers every time I see a pothole.

With air suspension the Taycan is going to be in another league comfort wise.

Not knocking the M2 though.....Its been a fantastic car to own these last few years.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Just as well.....I have had enough of having to shout 'brace! brace! brace!' to any passengers every time I see a pothole.

With air suspension the Taycan is going to be in another league comfort wise.

Not knocking the M2 though.....Its been a fantastic car to own these last few years.
Glad to hear. I keep going back and forth between wanting to get something more "hardcore" for the price (like an M3, C63, etc) and getting a rwd taycan, or base cross turismo. As an enthusiast, I kind feel like I should want those cars instead of a Taycan but I just really love the looks and ride quality of the Taycan. It also handles incredibly given the size, weight, and comfort.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Glad to hear. I keep going back and forth between wanting to get something more "hardcore" for the price (like an M3, C63, etc) and getting a rwd taycan, or base cross turismo. As an enthusiast, I kind feel like I should want those cars instead of a Taycan but I just really love the looks and ride quality of the Taycan. It also handles incredibly given the size, weight, and comfort.
As a previous BMW M3 owner and a current Taycan 4S owner, I can tell you that the 4S is the way to go if you're looking for the fun factor of a true sports sedan. I did not get that feeling from the Taycan RWD, so I stripped out some of the options and went with the 4S. I don't miss any of the options that I dropped; I would do it again ?

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a turbo and had a week+ each with a base and 4S b/c I'm a beta tester like everyone else and it's spent time at the dealer 3 times for bricking/update/fix of update/waiting to go back with the fix of the fix. Anyway, The 4S felt more similar than different to the turbo. Scary punch. The base definitely feels lighter and more agile, but it's for sure a big step down in the hard punching arena. If I just wanted a daily driver to get me around I would have gotten a Tesla 3. But I wanted a daily driving supercar. The 4S is the sweet spot.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
As a previous BMW M3 owner and a current Taycan 4S owner, I can tell you that the 4S is the way to go if you're looking for the fun factor of a true sports sedan. I did not get that feeling from the Taycan RWD, so I stripped out some of the options and went with the 4S. I don't miss any of the options that I dropped; I would do it again ?
gotcha. Yeah, I’m hoping the cross turismo with its dual motors feels half way between a RWD and 4s. My spec is coming out to 106k. So even if I got a completely base 4s it would still be more. I don’t think I’m willing to give up all my options just to get more power.

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I tested drove the turbo, 4s, and base before I put down a deposit for the 4s. I actually don't feel turbo is obscenely faster than the 4s for me to pay the $40k+ difference. However, I do feel the base is significantly slower and it justifies paying the $25k more for the 4s. I discussed it with the dealer and he said to pay more to get the real Porsche experience.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I drove the 4S first, and I couldn't get the grin off my face while I was driving it. A few days later, the dealer got a RWD in stock, so I test drove that as well. It was fine, and probably better than expected, but the big grin was absent. I then immediately drove the 4S again, and the grin was back.

I ordered the 4S CT.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Just finished a 400 mile road trip with my RWD. The trip involved a lot of day and night driving in the very twisty Georgia Mountains as well as about one hundred miles of highway driving. I've also driven the Turbo S at PEC as well as my Boxster S at various raceways in PCA DE events.

Of course the RWD doesnt accelerate like the 4S and Turbos.

I have to say though that at no time since I've had the RWD, have I found its performance lacking in anyway in real world driving. Its always had plenty of power for entering traffic and passing. Absolutely no regrets.

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a big difference in power feel between the RWD 79kwh battery and the 93kwh? I still have 49 days left to change my options before my 22 model goes into production. Thanks so much!

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Hey where in CA are you from? Also want to ask if you miss or regret selling the M3 at all? I have a F82 with 587WHP and will possibly sell it once my RWD Taycan arrives at the end of the year. Just hoping not to regret selling the M4. Thank you.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey where in CA are you from? Also want to ask if you miss or regret selling the M3 at all? I have a F82 with 587WHP and will possibly sell it once my RWD Taycan arrives at the end of the year. Just hoping not to regret selling the M4. Thank you.
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I used to own an M3 Competition and I loved it. I definitely regretted selling it, but that only until I picked up my Taycan. I would do it again.

I enjoyed test driving the Taycan RWD, but I did not get that exhilarating feeling that I got while driving the M3—and my M3 was not tuned like yours. I immediately felt a difference when I started driving the 4S. The acceleration is very similar (0-60 in ~3.8s) so that was expected.

Don't get me wrong, the Taycan RWD is outstanding by any measure. To me, it felt more like driving a BMW 5-Series than an M3. For many people, that's totally fine. I would just recommend test driving it before your order is locked.

On a side note, if you haven't already, I would highly recommend taking your M4 to the track before selling it. Here's my M3 at Laguna Seca ☺

Porsche Taycan Base Taycan...will it feel slow? 4TR_1304.JPG

Porsche Taycan Base Taycan...will it feel slow? 4TR_2074.JPG

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I am driving an F82 right now and the RWD is definitely slow in comparison. My wife is ordering the 4s and she felt the RWD was just too sluggish off the line. She felt quite strongly on why paying $100k and going backward.
Btw, G82 is a better car than the F82. I am struggling to decide to get a G82 AWD or 992 GTS. 992 is definitely a better car but the price difference is close to $70K.

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I used to own an M3 Competition and I loved it. I definitely regretted selling it, but that only until I picked up my Taycan. I would do it again.

I enjoyed test driving the Taycan RWD, but I did not get that exhilarating feeling that I got while driving the M3—and my M3 was not tuned like yours. I immediately felt a difference when I started driving the 4S. The acceleration is very similar (0-60 in ~3.8s) so that was expected.

Don't get me wrong, the Taycan RWD is outstanding by any measure. To me, it felt more like driving a BMW 5-Series than an M3. For many people, that's totally fine. I would just recommend test driving it before your order is locked.

On a side note, if you haven't already, I would highly recommend taking your M4 to the track before selling it. Here's my M3 at Laguna Seca ☺

4TR_1304.JPG

4TR_2074.JPG
Man your f80 looked sweet! Wish you lived closer hahah. I actually work at a Porsche dealership and took the rwd taycan for a weekend 4 weeks ago. Last week I finally pit the order in. I went with the rwd because I get 20% off the base model and not the 4S. I don't remember how fast or quick it felt. We just sold that model already. I'm hesitant on testing out the 4S because I don't want to fall in love with it hahah. This will actually be my first non coupe , non turbo, non manual vehicle. I just got engaged a couple months ago and need a family car. But yeah, I've actually never tracked the m4. Mostly canyon runs.

Porsche Taycan Base Taycan...will it feel slow? 20200810_190431

Porsche Taycan Base Taycan...will it feel slow? 20210703_171522