OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Added a modified graph with some future guesstimates based on current trends of where SoH for vehicles in different climate zones might end up when closer to 65K miles driven.

See Post #1
Sponsored

Last edited:

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
I bought a OBDLinkMX+ and happy to contribute !

22’ GTS ST in the cold Midwest !

1) Delivery Soh - unknown
2) Current SoH - 95.63
3) Current mileage - 1031
4) kWh DC charging - probably 300kW
5) Build date - July 2022

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 4E2864D6-03EB-4163-9FB0-C0BC0CC00CAC

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
@ciaranob just get started with this and apologies for the newb questions. Does recording of data only happen when I’m connected to the OBD device with the Car Scanner app? It doesn’t download historical, right? (whatever historical data would even be stored if any?)

And if I want to collect data every time I drive, I need to make an effort to open the app and connect?

If I missed a guide for idiots please feel free to send me to a search engine :) thank you!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob just get started with this and apologies for the newb questions. Does recording of data only happen when I’m connected to the OBD device with the Car Scanner app? It doesn’t download historical, right? (whatever historical data would even be stored if any?)

And if I want to collect data every time I drive, I need to make an effort to open the app and connect?

If I missed a guide for idiots please feel free to send me to a search engine :) thank you!
Have a read of this page from the CarScanner web site - details what is recorded and how it is saved and retrieved (even back to your desktop) - I have not actually doe this myself so if you get around to it would be curious to see the output :)

https://www.carscanner.info/records/

Thx for sharing your info and I will get it posted asap.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Your car added and consolidated all data and 'predictions' to a single graph.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry to ask here. I have carscanner working with an old OBDII plug on my current (ICE) Cars. Does this mean, it should work well with the Taycan or is that unrelated?

If there's a good chance of it working, I could take the OBDII with me on delivery to get a SoH readout.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to ask here. I have carscanner working with an old OBDII plug on my current (ICE) Cars. Does this mean, it should work well with the Taycan or is that unrelated?

If there's a good chance of it working, I could take the OBDII with me on delivery to get a SoH readout.
Totally depends on the age and specs of the scanner (not the software/app). For example if using iOS /iPhone then it needs to be Bluetooth 4.0 - anything less won’t work but I’d suggest visiting the Carscanner site (links higher up here) and checking compatability.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Totally depends on the age and specs of the scanner (not the software/app). For example if using iOS /iPhone then it needs to be Bluetooth 4.0 - anything less won’t work but I’d suggest visiting the Carscanner site (links higher up here) and checking compatability.

Thx but I'm not using iPhone and the scanner IS currently working with the app on two ice cars. Just no idea if OBDII has different revisions which could make it incompatible with newer cars (like the Taycan)

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thx but I'm not using iPhone and the scanner IS currently working with the app on two ice cars. Just no idea if OBDII has different revisions which could make it incompatible with newer cars (like the Taycan)
Again have a look at the site as they have some comparability info and if your scanner listed it might tell you - and the fact that your scanner works on your two ICE cars is no guarantee whatsoever it will work on the Taycan unfortunately e.g. I had a top of the line BlueDriver OBDII scanner that worked perfectly with my last car a M4 convertible. and does not work at all with the Taycan. Most direct route is to ask the manufacturer of your current OBDII scanner or find a friend with a Taycan :)

Johann55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4
Remember to use "My Cars" option in the app and create new car profile (select Taycan as new connection profile). This way you get correctly preconfigured Taycan settings and screens, and don't mess things up with other 2 cars.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Have a read of this page from the CarScanner web site - details what is recorded and how it is saved and retrieved (even back to your desktop) - I have not actually doe this myself so if you get around to it would be curious to see the output :)

https://www.carscanner.info/records/

Thx for sharing your info and I will get it posted asap.
Has anybody found any good description on what the different data mean?? I tried today to check my SoH again but found this page
Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 9B25AF3A-0089-4C3C-AC1D-1CF7AB608924

The two yellow markers show 2 different SoH. I guess the one with the 8C. BMS is the one to check?

And what are the two red ones, Energy Turnover total? If that shows the total in the car it would mean my car should have rolled nearly 200k km’s??

I also do not understand the 2 values about HV SoC.
I am aware of that you easily can configure the values you would like to see on the screen, but this was one that came up as standard for me.

If anybody has a screenshot of useful inf, it would be helpful to set it up . Thanks

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Scandinavian

Quick response is the HV SoH and HV Soc are for your main battery state of health and state of charge - the BMS value/SoH usually refers to your small 12v battery - doing this on the fly but will try to confirm later- I’m not sure TBH what the other SoH (yellow circle) is but I’d have to look into it.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Scandinavian

Quick response is the HV SoH and HV Soc are for your main battery state of health and state of charge - the BMS value/SoH usually refers to your small 12v battery - doing this on the fly but will try to confirm later- I’m not sure TBH what the other SoH (yellow circle) is but I’d have to look into it.
@Scandinavian

Peter - could you share if you sit in the ‘hot’ climate zone I.e. south of L35 N - the very south of France ca. Po/Pyrenees/Marseilles etc (map in post #1)? Also your mileage for this latest update reading of 88% and I can add to the chart?

Would like to anchor your car in the chart more accurately - thx, C.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@Scandinavian

I am still a bit puzzled by the different SoH values. I charged the car for a longer trip later on and recoded as follows.

Porsche Taycan Baseline for HV Battery SoH Performance 337CDEC8-42C2-4B8D-B0C3-55EC9B8E4FEB

I think the top right figure of 89.92, would be the SoH of the main battery and the State of Health SoH is incorrectly labelled. It looks to me that it shows the SoC but with decimals.
Car reported battery at 100% so again not sure how it also shows 97%??

Once I get a clear understanding of this we can add the data. But this is why I wondered if there is more information about the different values and a description available? I am not near the car at the moment so I can not see anything further. It has to be connected to the OBD to see anything.

And I would be at the same level as Marseille normally.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am still a bit puzzled by the different SoH values. I charged the car for a longer trip later on and recoded as follows.

337CDEC8-42C2-4B8D-B0C3-55EC9B8E4FEB.jpeg

I think the top right figure of 89.92, would be the SoH of the main battery and the State of Health SoH is incorrectly labelled. It looks to me that it shows the SoC but with decimals.
Car reported battery at 100% so again not sure how it also shows 97%??

Once I get a clear understanding of this we can add the data. But this is why I wondered if there is more information about the different values and a description available? I am not near the car at the moment so I can not see anything further. It has to be connected to the OBD to see anything.

And I would be at the same level as Marseille normally.

Ah - wait a minute - my apologies - please ignore my last response as I misread your first image in respect HV Soh vs Soc.

Yes I read this as your HV battery Soh = 89.92% - it stayed constant between you changing the SoC.

I am also not sure what the fields 'State of Health SOH' (vs the known HV SoH field) and the 'HV SOC' (all caps again) are referring to - could they be in some way referencing the 12V battery - sorry not sure.

The CarScanner site does not have more specific info but most of the PIDs in here are industry std related to Can Bus codes etc. - I am not an engineer but others may be better able to explain some of these variances.