Battery conditioning prior to arrival at charger

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I think if you use the built-in satnav and chargers that show up on it(which only seem to be IONITY and Osprey ones) and put that in as destination, preconditioning occurs for optimal charging ? However how do you do that if the charger is not on the Satnav? Eg public ones such Chargeplace Scotland. They don't even appear on the satnav or am I missing something? Thanks
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I know an answer. hooray! Stick it in sports+ and it warms the battery up. Apparently.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I think if you use the built-in satnav and chargers that show up on it(which only seem to be IONITY and Osprey ones) and put that in as destination, preconditioning occurs for optimal charging ? However how do you do that if the charger is not on the Satnav? Eg public ones such Chargeplace Scotland. They don't even appear on the satnav or am I missing something? Thanks
You could set the nearest charger that does appear on the in built sat Nav to trigger the battery prep and then drive to any charger you want. It doesn't know you've gone to another charger. Just turn the voice sound down of the sat Nav.

OP
OP
Icyfraser

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
You could set the nearest charger that does appear on the in built sat Nav to trigger the battery prep and then drive to any charger you want. It doesn't know you've gone to another charger. Just turn the voice sound down of the sat Nav.
See what you mean but the nearest one might be several miles further than where I want to be?

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
See what you mean but the nearest one might be several miles further than where I want to be?
What he meant was no need to drive to the other charger. As long as the car thinks you're going to a charger, it will start preconditioning. I've noticed it starting about 20 min prior to arrival.

So just put the nearest fast charger on you nav and go to any station you wish to use.
Sponsored