Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
As winter eases and temperatures warm I noticed my range didn’t increase.

I still average about 2.9 miles a KWh, which I believe is close to what I got when I bought the car used at 26k miles. The range then at 100% was about 240-250. Now it is about 205-210.

Curious what other see?

My car is in the shop getting a new roof (rock chip and crack), windshield (many rock dings and re: roof), heater (recall), psm update (recall)… I asked them to check battery health too. Will report back when I have results end of week.
Sponsored

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
At 48k miles my range at 100% is about 230 miles driven normally, 21 inch mission e and 18 celsius outside on a mix of city and outside roads.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
2022 RWD owner owner here with 20K miles and 305 range at 100% on 20 inch wheels. As someone looking to keep this beauty of a car for 7-10 years I'm curious about other wear and tear issues at 50k? How many sets of tires have you gone through? How are brakes holding up? How much was the 40K maintenance and any issues found?

OP
OP
Uknown

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
2022 RWD owner owner here with 20K miles and 305 range at 100% on 20 inch wheels. As someone looking to keep this beauty of a car for 7-10 years I'm curious about other wear and tear issues at 50k? How many sets of tires have you gone through? How are brakes holding up? How much was the 40K maintenance and any issues found?
The car has been fine. I bought new tires, I don’t think the brake flush was that expensive, but don’t recall what I paid for it. It was done when I changed the tires.
Overall the windshield , glass is the biggest expense. This will be my 3rd windshield and second roof (first replacement).
The range drop has been sudden, until very recently I got 230-250 without issue. Or 2.9+ KWh per mile… I still get same KWh per mile so capacity seems to be the issue

I am hopeful to keep this for another 3 to 4 years unless a screaming deal shows up for a nicer Taycan. I am not sure about battery though if at 50k miles it drops to ~ 70%… that is a bit tough.

The seats are still in very good / comfortable shape . 14 way probably nicest car seats I have had in a car.

azraeil

First Name
Nazhri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Get an OBD II dongle and plug it in the OBD II port underneath the dash. Install the Car Scanner app, and you can see everything you need know about your car (SoH, each individual cell voltage etc etc).

The Taycan comes with an 8 year battery warranty and I believe that it guarantees the SoH to be above 70% within that 8 years. So if your SoH drops below 70% and you’re within the 8 years, you should be able to get the battery pack looked at and changed under warranty.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
My 22 RWD is at about 50k miles, and I had dealer check SOH recently and I was pleasantly surprised to see it was about 0.91 as I recall.
I'm putting it down to how we drive it more so. I'm on 21s. I don't recall what my most recent 100% was, as I rarely charge it that high, but it's around 210 say. But I also drive the car about 7-8/10ths most of the time anyways, so I think guess-o-meter is going way more off that than SOH. I'm often on highway at between 80 and 90 mph.
My car has had one set of fronts replaced, and 2 sets of rears. Car eats tires. Expensive. Biggest major gripe of car, but there are no free lunches right?
I'm about to roll out of warranty, and researched aftermarket non Porsche warranties, but I'm gonna roll the dice. I hope I don't regret it, but I've barely used any claims on the tire and wheel insurance I bought. Warrsnty would've been $4100 for another 4 years 50k miles as I recall. I have another 500 miles before it goes over 50k to buy it. Hopefully other than the battery which is covered more I don't have many huge expenses out of warranty. I'm going to probably keep car maybe another 3 years I imagine.
The 2025 is so much more expensive, albeit improved, but also no tax credit now.

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
I have driven 63 500 km so far with my 2021 4S.
Range seems not to have dropped at all, I visited south Germany again and in 20C weather I got almost 500 km with full charge. The mountains do help with range but the range is exactly the same as in summer of 2021 when I first drove from Finland to Bavaria. In Finland at my main home I only charge to a max of 85% SOC.

I have probably never owned a car with less tyre wear, especially if you consider the weight. Ok I dont track the Taycan like I did my earlier M-cars but even compared to my BMW:s before the M:s this Taycan wears less. I am still on my original both summer and winter tyres. I might still be able to drive the summer -24 through with the original Pirellis, let's see.
Sponsored

Last edited: