Peterp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Can anyone tell me why when I plan a destination it says for example that I will have 22% of charge left upon arrival but in reality I have to stop to do a charge as what is on the dashboard or PCM is not the same. I had this recently where I just about made it to the next service station as I relied on the sat nav information but then had a warning come up to say I was running low and I was still a good 30 miles away from my destination.
Sponsored

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Just delete the charge stop from your PCM screen, this seems to clear the default 22% for future journeys. Try setting up 10% at destination in your Porsche app . It should work!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
There is a setting in Nav that says
‘Required charge at destination’
This is default at about 20% I think.

I was 10 miles from home when I first got my car and the Sat Nav was trying to send me 10 miles beyond my house to charge for 20 mins and then drive 10 miles back home.

You need to set required charge to 1% at destination especially if going home where you know you can charge.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another way to avoid unwanted charging stops - without altering the minimum charge setting - is to deactivate the Porsche Charging Planner for that trip:
PCM > Nav > . . . > Charge Planning > Porsche Charging Planner checkbox
Porsche Taycan Battery level at destination 1710871929344-q

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Looks like default setting is 25%.
Stupid as at least 50% of your journeys are to home where you have charging so why the **** would you need 25%.

Leave Porsche charge planning ticked. Too useful to me and I don’t want to forget to turn it back on.

Turn down minimum charge at destination to 3%. The minimum.

Obviously if you are going somewhere without charging and you need a certain charge for when you leave you will search for and go to a charger before you get there.

OP
OP

Peterp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks everyone. That would explain things. Why does it have to be so bloody complicated!!??

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Thanks everyone. That would explain things. Why does it have to be so bloody complicated!!??
Because software engineers are always geeks who build in countless extra features that in reality only benefit other geeks.
My screen

Porsche Taycan Battery level at destination IMG_4556