CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
After 2 years of driving my taycan
4s non performance plus(19.000km)
I only use 11kw charger at home and NEVER used dc speed charger anywhere
And only charge to %85
Unfortunately i lost %9 of battery health
Its very very inconvenient whatever i did correct didnt work :( it is very sad
I dont know if its normal of battery degradation.

I wish I could do something about it but no I dont think so…
This level of SoH change is however very typical in Taycans and in almost all EVs and tends to flatten out fairly rapidly aft that - see here for Taycan specific data actively being updated by yours truly form the Forum but also if you scroll down the first page you'll see results from published studies of thousands of EVs (clearly a lot are Teslas) that support this observation.

Wouldn't worry too much - exception possibly in climate's like mine (excessive heat - you climate zone as defined in the thread attached one 'cooler' than mine) which most def does impact SoH and thus range longevity.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/baseline-for-hv-battery-soh-performance.12815/

PS: Can I ask - is your 91% Soh after 19000 km value derived or actually measured by an OBDII device? If the latter I can add you to that chart tracking SoH.

PPS: I added your car provisionally and sure enough you fall exactly on the best fit line for 'Warm' climates :)! - again entirely typical.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S (the first one delivered in the US on this forum). I used EA DC fast charging quite a bit when the car was new because I didn't have the NEMA 14-50 outlet at my house. I then got the outlet installed and went through a period of time when I charged mostly at home to 85% every night. In the past I have also stored the Taycan for up to 6 weeks, plugged in at 85%. Last Oct, I drove the car back up to CT and exclusively used EA DC fast chargers until July. The car is back at my house in GA, so I mostly use home charging again to 85%. Over the course of ownership, I have done eight 1000 mile road trips all using EA DC fast chargers.

As one of the oldest Taycans in the US I have not noticed any negative impact on range due to my extensive use of EA DC fast chargers, charging and storing the vehicle at 85%, and charging to 100% for my road trips. Here is a screen shot at the end of yesterday's home charging session.

85% - 221 miles (100% - 260 miles) which is in line with what I have seen during the summer months during the course of my ownership. Fyi, I have an air conditioned garage that maintains an ambient air temp of 75F. I have 21 inch Mission E rims and drive the car as it should be driven as a Porsche. The car is going into the dealership tomorrow for the software update. It will be interesting to see if the range increases post update.

20220910_104012_resized.jpg
Would be great to get your current SoH read out by an OBDII tool - along with current mileage, model year/type and build date if at all possible to add to the SoH Thread! Any chance?

Ozzy

First Name
Ozan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Gle Coupe
Country flag
Would be great to get your current SoH read out by an OBDII tool - along with current mileage, model year/type and build date if at all possible to add to the SoH Thread! Any chance?
Thanks i relieved little bit:)
Of course you can use my car too for the chart
I checked the battery health at 19.000km in the porsche service so i dont know how they checked. I will also check with the obd device this week.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The guess-o-meter has been thoroughly criticized as a bad true range indicator in this thread and in others. I think Porsche could have made a small change to make this clear: show the consumption that it presently calculates with. "314 km @ 22.1 kWh/100km" (or the equivalent miles data) would be both useful and educational. ("314 km @ 221 Wh/km" would be even better I think, but that is another matter.)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Just came back from 1st service @30k km.
SoH: 89%.
Since I never used fast charger, I was expecting less degradation.
Otoh, I’ve been told about RWD 2020 after 160k km with SoH 86%, almost always on fast chargers…

btw: i paid €844 for material and services..

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Otoh, I’ve been told about RWD 2020 after 160k km with SoH 86%, almost always on fast chargers…

Great data - I will add to the SoH thread chart - I'll put that RWD in there too for grins but if you can confirm a solid readout then would be the highest mileage car to date shared!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don’t know who is owner of that RWD, i’ve been just told by serviceman.
It was one of the first Taycans, sold inmmy country back in 2020.

Ozzy

First Name
Ozan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Gle Coupe
Country flag
2020 taycan 4s non performance plus

yeah i feel you man its very disappointing. I still cant understand why there is no good maintenance of battery like we do so we did for nothing!
For the pre owned market i think its really bad
I wish we could do something about it

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ugh. Mine is only around 215 on a full 100% charge, down from around 275.

I attributed that to guess-o-meter calibration due to all the long road trips I've been taking lately, but maybe I should get the health checked to be sure.
I’m noticing this exact same thing at 1 year with GTS , down from 260ish on average to about 215 or so…maybe because it’s winter? Not sure…

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I’m noticing this exact same thing at 1 year with GTS , down from 260ish on average to about 215 or so…maybe because it’s winter? Not sure…
Guess-o-meter recalibrates based on your driving and temperatures. I saw the drop from upper 200's to low 200's within the 4 days of driving after picking it up from a dealer in warm climate and driving it straight into mid winter freezing states. Came back up after a while when I got home to warmer weather, even more in the summer.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Guess-o-meter recalibrates based on your driving and temperatures. I saw the drop from upper 200's to low 200's within the 4 days of driving after picking it up from a dealer in warm climate and driving it straight into mid winter freezing states. Came back up after a while when I got home to warmer weather, even more in the summer.
Interesting. So it should go back up in Warmer months?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Interesting. So it should go back up in Warmer months?
It should go back to around what it was during warm weather after you've had the car for a bit and drove it at least a few hundred miles. It might never go back to the estimate you saw when driving off from the showroom floor in warm weather, as that estimate was based on someone else's driving, and/or if the car was new, on 10 miles of it or less. In my experience, once the guess-o-meter calibrates on your driving and temperature changes occur slowly (as opposed to what I did, driving from hot Florida straight into frozen states mid-February), it's decently accurate. Other things which affect range, different tires and/or wheels, roof racks, bike racks, trailers.

Fun fact about EV driving, your expected range drops as the car cools off. So say you park somewhere cold at 80% SoC, your guess-o-meter says 180 miles, then you leave the car in a freezing parking lot, the SoC may still be 80%, but estimated range is less. Why? Because the car has to spend some of that energy to heat it back up, which reduces your range. The opposite is true too, if you preheat your car with a timer while the car is plugged in, the car will use "shore power" (power from your EV plug) to heat up the car, and your range estimate will actually go up as compared to when the car was cold, at the very same battery percentage.
Sponsored