Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This thread is depressing. 🙁

How do you people achieve that?

I can't even get close to that in neutral I think.

Maybe my foot is heavier than I thought 🤔
Try range mode and recuperation on auto. That might help drop the numbers.
Sponsored

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Well that would explain it except I've been driving in 24-26C and the car battery is always at 30-32C...

But yeah, I do lots of short trips in the city which takes its toll. On weekends my trips are longer (did 200km last saturday on the highway) and the consumption goes down BUT still within 23-24kWh/100km...

1686560435116.png
Use auto regen in the city. I usually drive on normal mode.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Does the Taycan offer alternate measurement for consumption. I have always preferred miles/kilometres per KWh. It’s then easy to multiply by battery capacity to calculate total range. Of course it’s easy enough to convert but wonder what the attraction of KWh’s over a set distance of 100kms is?
what @Hirschaj said. It does offer km/kWh if you change it. In the end I prefer the stock kWh/100km because that's how we measure ICE car consumption around here... 6.65l/100km for example.

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I might but then how can I drive like a maniac all over available lanes while late breaking and wildly honking at anyone going less 0.0001km/h then myself?

🤪 😂🤪😂
Try auto recuperate on sports or normal mode. When I break hard I noted that consumption kept dropping.

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
This thread is depressing. 🙁

How do you people achieve that?

I can't even get close to that in neutral I think.

Maybe my foot is heavier than I thought 🤔
I'm sorry I ruined your day ;)

So I have a bit of history in energy saving from 'Mileage Marathon' competitions where our specially built 'car' consumed 0,2 liters per 100 km back at 1988. Today it is not competitive figure..

The basics are the same with electricity.
- accelerate against the rising hill and roll as far as convenient - possible when no other traffic.
- take out extra consumption - heating or AC takes power
- try to predict situations - avoid regen as there's always transmission- and electrical inefficiency involved when you accelerate or decelerate. Try to roll.

.. and try not to piss other people while driving efficiently :)

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm sorry I ruined your day ;)

So I have a bit of history in energy saving from 'Mileage Marathon' competitions where our specially built 'car' consumed 0,2 liters per 100 km back at 1988. Today it is not competitive figure..

The basics are the same with electricity.
- accelerate against the rising hill and roll as far as convenient - possible when no other traffic.
- take out extra consumption - heating or AC takes power
- try to predict situations - avoid regen as there's always transmission- and electrical inefficiency involved when you accelerate or decelerate. Try to roll.

.. and try not to piss other people while driving efficiently :)

Duly noted but... is it worth driving like that? Sounds boring ;)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Agreed 100% - just enjoy the car (everyone's definition of course varies)!

I purposefully drive my car NO differently than my last (M4 Convertible) - was for me a critical aspect of transition to EV ownership i.e. AC on pretty much year round in TX, always in Normal/Sport mode (literally never used Range) with 21" tires and a spare tire in back etc. :)!

I've shared my 1.5 year record of the ups and downs of the guess-meter's range predictions which are almost entirely based only on the last few trips driving style etc. and TBH for the most part should just be ignored. I need to update that chart with an example of 'extreme' impact of driving style on range and how long it took the Guessometer to 'recover' from the shock! :).

My PCM guesstimated ranges swing generally from 220 to 290 miles max. from Winter to Summer (using 100% charge with AC off just to illustrate a max possible) - I've posted these data on a number of threads which I know some here are aware of.

Bottomline is, I stopped worrying about range after about 6 months of ownership (it did take that long but it is my first EV!). For long trips the car's trip planner is invariably pretty solid in respect SoC on arrival at various stops and I simply have had zero issues on trips of 400 to 1000 miles in this respect (of course day to day, 90%+ of my trips are les than 100 miles, most less than 40 miles!).

Chart from SoH thread: #1

Porsche Taycan Battery Range after 2 years / 40 000 km’s Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 11.18.47 AM

Last edited:

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
Well.. I saw nobody passing me so it may have been enough for those winding roads..

In fact it's kind of game which I play occasionally - how low can you go!

If it helps a bit - during winter we can have anything between 0C to -40C and average consumption can be 24 - 30 kWh/100km. On short trips more. Good time to race with a 'dino-burning' car with studded tires on ice.

BTW. During last week we visited a Toyota-factory building nice cars..

Porsche Taycan Battery Range after 2 years / 40 000 km’s Monza2021

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
😄

that was a good one too: cold weather (5°C) and decent average speed for almost an hour.
for only 26kWh.

IMG_0814.jpeg
Are you driving in Germany or tempting fate with the Belgian traffic police?

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Still getting some large variations. Last night cold battery no traffic
Porsche Taycan Battery Range after 2 years / 40 000 km’s IMG_7551

vs this morning warm battery rush hour. Both on normal mode without aircon
Porsche Taycan Battery Range after 2 years / 40 000 km’s IMG_7552

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
In April, I achieved the lowest consumption since I got my CT4, between 5 and 25 degrees, on a winding medium mountain road , but generally descending from 850 m to 100 m.
Porsche Taycan Battery Range after 2 years / 40 000 km’s RecapAssergi Urbino

The Update seems to have decreased consumption in this style of road with a smooth ride ?

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
Are you driving in Germany or tempting fate with the Belgian traffic police?
that was in France, it went ok.

But you can't always win.... I "lost" another time, and can confirm the Alpine A110 is a fast car 🚨😁

SMDW

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe, BMW i3;
Country flag
Mixing it with the Italian drivers down to Finale Ligure last weekend with 2 mountain bikes on the back was a different story!!!
do have any numbers in kwh for the above mentioned journey? I have to go to Elba/Italy via Brenner with roof box and 2 bikes on the back...

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
i’ll drive this weekend from Belgium to Innsbruck (stop there) then Venezia the day after. I could give you some numbers, however without rooftop and bike rack. I would add around 20%.

I use chargefinder (app or .com) to find chargers on the way, and plan to always stop where we have at least 6 chargers. I would stop at Ionity near Verona, where there are many.
Sponsored