Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
As a former BMW fan, I'm not into the large grilles either. The other day a friend of mine (who is in his early 30s) texted me out of the blue and was like "I love the new M4". I thought he was trolling me but he was actually serious. So...maybe BMW knows what they are doing and attracting a new generation of buyers. I do think they are the now the best at overall interior design/ergonomics/electronics with the right blend of traditional controls and screens.
One would indeed think that BMW has done careful market research before introducing those polarizing grilles. To me personally, though, it is a taste which I have not yet acquired.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I don’t know what you guys are taking about.

I love the new BMW grilles.

I laugh so hard every time I see them...thanks for the entertainment BMW...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't know who is leading BMW's design team lately, but I know for sure that he and his team needs to be shot... Receive the death penalty... For ruining such a great brand...

I was a huge BMW fan since I was a kid, but not anymore, thanks to the fugly designs they have been crapping out lately.

The kidney grille of the new 4 and the i4 just SUCKS. It reminds me of the 6000 SUX from the Robocop movies:
vkv4kfblnwa61.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that BMW's sales are going to take a big hit over the next couple of years. Their new design language is very very ugly.
I'd like to totally agree with you, but then I asked my brother and he said he likes it and would buy it. His golf buddy pre-ordered an i4. This new design is more focused on their biggest, Chinese market, so it might be a sales hit!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I hope the BMW i4 works better than ED-209 though.

Sponsored