Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Boy what a disappointment. Another car that looks sexy in pictures, but cheap plastic, paper thin leather, poor materials all over.
No wonder it's inexpensive for all the features you get.
Useless massage seats, ultra high dash.

I should drive it in a week to get a better feel

Appreciate the quality of your Taycan

Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_130554

Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_130657

Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_125456
Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_125241
Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_125512
Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_130005
Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_130931

Porsche Taycan BMW i7 20221203_131156

AutobahnGTS

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model S 100D, Model 3P
Country flag
BMW for examplifies everything that is wrong with modern cars. I really don't like the looks of the i7 at all. It looks huge, is not really made for driving the car yourself, and is made for ICE, PHEV, and BEV at the same time. Idk, I don't get any appeal from this monstrosity of a car, being clad with crystals and plastic screens. The headlights are straight out of Citroën‘s design book.
The best way to make an i7 look good is to park next to the XM. It now appears normal looking and subdued.

Last edited:

D8Porsche

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S HDE/Taycan GTS ST ordered
Country flag
Not the same category of car as Taycan, but really neat features and a tech.

I see it as the one level under the RR Ghost.
The rear seating is beautiful

I applaud your bravery in posting this here. Last month we cancelled our Taycan GTS ST order after reading all the terrible issues with Porsche on this site. The heater failures, cars stuck at port for half a year, the poor dealer experiences. We have our i7 on order and will be getting it July. I have a '21 911 targa 4S that has been an amazing sports car for me thus far, however it sounds like Porsche is struggling with their electric initiative with not only the Taycan but the delayed intro on the electric Macan.

I was #5 on the wait list for my Taycan GTS and interestingly 2 weeks after I cancelled my Porsche dealership has called me twice trying to get me to re-order. Telling me there is now NO waitlist on the GTS models. On questioning my rep stated it's because others also cancelled their orders. They were dodgy on when I would get my car even without a waitlist should I re-order it, because of "port issues". Yeah right.....

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I applaud your bravery in posting this here. Last month we cancelled our Taycan GTS ST order after reading all the terrible issues with Porsche on this site. The heater failures, cars stuck at port for half a year, the poor dealer experiences. We have our i7 on order and will be getting it July. I have a '21 911 targa 4S that has been an amazing sports car for me thus far, however it sounds like Porsche is struggling with their electric initiative with not only the Taycan but the delayed intro on the electric Macan.

I was #5 on the wait list for my Taycan GTS and interestingly 2 weeks after I cancelled my Porsche dealership has called me twice trying to get me to re-order. Telling me there is now NO waitlist on the GTS models. On questioning my rep stated it's because others also cancelled their orders. They were dodgy on when I would get my car even without a waitlist should I re-order it, because of "port issues". Yeah right.....
I ended up driving the i7 and really enjoyed the experience. I liked it better than the EQS

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag

I am also on the verge of cancelling my order for a 4s CT for the reasons you have said, it has been on my mind for a while that I would not like my family to be stranded somewhere because of issues...the latest price rise may tip me over the edge to cancel the order.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I traded a 2 month old (well, 8 months old at that point after sitting in an overflow lot for 4 months outside Dingolfing, 1 month in Bremerhaven, and 1 month in Houston) '23 BMW iX M60. Tons of issues with it, high voltage warnings within the first week, phantom emergency braking from 60mph, uncomfortable seats, various software recalls, and an airbag recall on every single iX ever made that still doesn't have a fix. My BMW dealer wouldn't even consider buying it back from me for their used lot, due to all the recalls and not being able to sell it. Good luck with your i7, but I have had 0 issues with my '23 Taycan CT 4S in the first month and had no wait for heater/port issues.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Last month we cancelled our Taycan GTS ST order after reading all the terrible issues with Porsche on this site.
Seriously? You might want to stop reading car forums or you’ll never get a new one. Best of luck with your new BMW.
Sponsored