whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
FYI I raised a formal request for goodwill with PCNA, they denied my request. Otherwise YMMV at your dealer, I didn't get anything from them, but also didn't push them too hard since the delay wasn't on their end

My rationale I tried using was that the difference between my original estimated delivery date and actual was about 4.5 months which effectively doubled my wait time from allocation to delivery vs. original, and that I was receiving a MY2022 at the very end of 2022 while others were getting MY2023s already. Additionally I was able to find that in the past for 992 CARB-related delays they actually did provide some goodwill

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachm...delivery-date-porsche-delay-impact-letter.pdf

Regardless - didn't receive anything, they said they weren't providing any goodwill for these delays as they argued it was out of their control. Not overly pleased with that (particularly as I did note I would be happy with some minor goodwill gestures like tequipment credit or FoD credit, the latter of which is no marginal cost to Porsche), but it is the car market we're in now.

Last edited:

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Good luck. Let us know the result! My guess is that your dealer and PCNA will tell you to pound sand. I don’t know who isn’t impacted by delays nowadays for a new custom ordered car, be it Porsche or other carmakers.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I ordered in May, received an allocation in June, original delivery was supposed to be October.
I ordered in July 2021 and took delivery in December 2022.
My dealer gave a beautiful bouquet of flowers to my wife and a Porsche branded drink bottle to me and a book about Porsche.

I suspect we would have received these gifts even if the delay had been less than the 18 months it was.

Reactions: B61

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I ordered in July 2021 and took delivery in December 2022.
My dealer gave a beautiful bouquet of flowers to my wife and a Porsche branded drink bottle to me and a book about Porsche.

I suspect we would have received these gifts even if the delay had been less than the 18 months it was.
Perhaps your extra gifts …are delayed😂

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Thanks, that’s helpful. Yeah like I said in my OP, I know I’m not as delayed as others, but I swear I thought I saw in some other threads that others were able to get a little something for their delays, just wanted to hear anyone’s experience so I know what is/isn’t reasonable.
There were some compensations for delays during 2021.
I ordered in the beginning od April, delivery should be end of May…got the car in mid September.
Porsche factory gave me 2k and dealer the same, so i actually got winter tyres+wheels almost for free.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My CT was delayed in 2021 from August To November and I got the bike rack for free as a compensation.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I just took delivery last week, 9 months from deposit to delivery, 4 months delayed from the initial estimation. See this post.
I got a free All-weather Floor Mats - that's it.
Sponsored