senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Interesting. Not received that message myself. I do have free 6 months BP subscription and £27 credit through admiral but still haven’t been billed for 2x charges on 12th January. I only owe £4 if the credit is used but that’s ridiculous.

Will try at some point via Porsche
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interesting. Not received that message myself. I do have free 6 months BP subscription and £27 credit through admiral but still haven’t been billed for 2x charges on 12th January. I only owe £4 if the credit is used but that’s ridiculous.

Will try at some point via Porsche
ESB UK also now available via My Porsche (using Taycan card)..

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Let's face it Porsche GB are absolutely rubbish for informing us of existing let alone new Charge Point Operators (CPOs) onto the PCS scheme.

I've variously compiled a 'list' and shared it here before, but that's by dint of 'scraping' the info form the charging map on the app.

An up to date list surely isn't that hard for a manufacturer of £100K EVs - or maybe it is!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Let's face it Porsche GB are absolutely rubbish for informing us of existing let alone new Charge Point Operators (CPOs) onto the PCS scheme.

I've variously compiled a 'list' and shared it here before, but that's by dint of 'scraping' the info form the charging map on the app.

An up to date list surely isn't that hard for a manufacturer of £100K EVs - or maybe it is!!
It is not limited to Porsche GB. It is just PORSCHE!

And even if the stations appear on the map, either in the app or even in the display of the car, it is not guaranteed that it works. I have been navigated to Shell stations in the U.K. that did not accept the car. Car choose stop and preheated etc. Similar experience elsewhere as well, Freshmile in France, Circle K in Sweden.

It seems such an easy thing to have a list with information about power, number of chargers, and location in a database. But seemingly not for Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

This may sound a little contrary but to be honest I think Porsche have got better. I get notifications and more importantly, My Porsche App is regularly picking up new options for charging which also let's me know if I can P&C or have to use the Taycan RFID card.

I now have the luxury of 24 (12 x 350 kW Ionity & 12 x 300 kW ESB) EVSEs in close proximity to me - I physically knew they were there but not yet active. Ionity came to life this week and appears in My Porsche app too (joined up thinking for sure). What was a surprise is ESB as that now appears too and didn't a month ago so clearly much happening contractually behind the scenes to our benefit. Last week nothing was available.

This is a comparison of both providers at the same site (50m apart) - guess which one is the 'bargain':

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging 1711620938506-ml

I doubt I'll ever use them but delighted they're there and wrapped up within the Porsche eco-system.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is a comparison of both providers at the same site (50m apart) - guess which one is the 'bargain':
Great that there are more options opening. By the looks of it you still seem to be on the old version of the charging plan?? The new plan has done away with the per minute costs, but the pricing has been increased overall to compensate.

DC charging in the U.K. seems pricey at most stations and networks from 1/4?

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
I only tend to use IONITY and for that it seems cheaper on the old one not the plus but I might be wrong !

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Great that there are more options opening. By the looks of it you still seem to be on the old version of the charging plan?? The new plan has done away with the per minute costs, but the pricing has been increased overall to compensate.

DC charging in the U.K. seems pricey at most stations and networks from 1/4?
I'm not switching until I have to (was invited and skipped) - I don't use it anyway.

UK = Rip Off Britain

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only tend to use IONITY and for that it seems cheaper on the old one not the plus but I might be wrong !
Yes it looks like that.
However I get the message now that my charging service is valid but will expire in 4 days. I need to go in and manage my subscription even if my contract should last until beginning of May. I can only assume that their new pricing structure will come into force then, but my subscription fee will be 0 until renewal time. I have not done anything and want to see what happens in April.

Does anybody else get the same message?

liam_b

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi all. I picked up my 2nd Taycan (GTS ST) a few days ago and I'm not seeing the new rates in the Porsche app, are any of you?

I'm wondering if I've somehow (luckily) locked in the old rates for 1 year or until 1/4/25 or the full 3 years?

Porsche's information on charging contracts and pricing is not clear or comprehensive

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all. I picked up my 2nd Taycan (GTS ST) a few days ago and I'm not seeing the new rates in the Porsche app, are any of you?

I'm wondering if I've somehow (luckily) locked in the old rates for 1 year or until 1/4/25 or the full 3 years?

Porsche's information on charging contracts and pricing is not clear or comprehensive
Depends which contract you signed up to, if legacy as per prior Taycan then nothing of note will have changed.

The My Porsche app will provide pricing info per affiliated provider - Ionity, ESB, BP, Osprey and so on when an EVSE has been selected - summarised under Charging Services Prices.

Porsche Taycan bp Pulse on Porsche charging Screenshot_20240401-191750_My Porsche
Sponsored