simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Just noticed BP Chargemaster are now on the Porsche app. The 50 kW sites are fairly uninteresting, albeit very numerous but the ultra rapid hubs like the 16 charge point site at Q-Park look OK.

….can’t believe I’d ever be semi advocating BP after boycotting them the last 6 or so years especially with 85p regular pricing 🤣
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I really wish they'd announce the networks that join (or leave) the Porsche charging service. The same happened recently where FastNed joined and the pricing via Porsche (even with the time aspect) is still cheaper than pay-as-you-go.

But without reading posts here – it's too difficult to know.

Dr Bob

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
….can’t believe I’d ever be semi advocating BP after boycotting them the last 6 or so years especially with 85p regular pricing 🤣
I'm happy ....as long as they keep sending me my pension!!!!!

Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
Just noticed BP Chargemaster are now on the Porsche app. The 50 kW sites are fairly uninteresting, albeit very numerous but the ultra rapid hubs like the 16 charge point site at Q-Park look OK.

Is there a better price through the Porsche card or App than BP normally charge?

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche app quotes the typical 31p/kWh + 33p / min. At a 250+ kW capable charge unit this works out just around 50p / kWh in my experience.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Nice but accuracy is not great - the 2 units in Dundee (Kingsway) are 150kW and not 250kW unless they've been upgraded in the past week which is highly unlikely.

Handy nonetheless to have these appearing on the map!

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice but accuracy is not great - the 2 units in Dundee (Kingsway) are 150kW and not 250kW unless they've been upgraded in the past week which is highly unlikely.

Handy nonetheless to have these appearing on the map!
I've found loads of mistakes on the app - at one point the nearest Osprey hubs in my neck of the woods were all apparently 300 kW and there were twice as many of them. In real life they were 150 kW units and they had counted the CCS head along with the CHAdeMO head on the same unit! 😂

Bless them they corrected it after a while.

Edit: to say it appears the 250kW error for BP Pulse is in numerous locations. I've just spotted one on the A12 off J28 (opposite side to a Fastned) that is noted as 250kW - but again they are only 150kW.
Also the live OCPP usage data is missing, so I expect these have only recently ben added and hopefully they will correct once the OCPP data starts flowing...

Last edited:
OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm happy ....as long as they keep sending me my pension!!!!!
I don't think there's much risk of them running out of money, given their profits the last 2 years...🤣

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Sorry to jump in here but it’s linked. I used BP on 12th & 13th January at a hotel. Used via BP app as had some credit from Admiral insurance and free six months subscription.

Both charges have appeared as transactions but I’ve still not been charged and there’s still no monthly invoice showing. Any ideas?

Glad to hear they’re on the Porsche app. I’ve had no success using the card a couple of times but it’s worked fine at Porsche of Ionity via plug and charge.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got me curious now. I’ll have to try a BP ultra rapid to see if it works with PCS. Hopefully won’t be a repeat of their petrochemical cousins at Shell Decharge and PCS….

….anyways there’s a Fastned on the other side of the A12 so I won’t get stranded 😅
Sponsored