lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Got the car back from the 20,000 miles services. It said brake fluid had been replaced.
I took a sample before the service because I had some doubt about the dealer.
The left one is before service. The right one is after. I’m used to see transparent color when the fluid is brand new.
I doubt they replaced it.
What do you think?

Porsche Taycan Brake fluid changed or not IMG_2499
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
The proper way to tell is checking with a tester which checks for water through resistance, before and after. Color is a bit iffy.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Get a sample of brand new fluid and you’ll have your answer. To allieviate any doubt, use Porsche fluid. You can also check the bleeder screw for witness marks from a wrench, and the inside of the bleeder will be wet with brake fluid. Pop a dust cap and take a look.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
The stock brake fluid is a pale yellow like your pics. Hard to tell based on the fluid in the reservoir unless you test conductivity. Even then, if you’re in a dry climate you probably won’t see much difference in 2 years. I’ve had 6 year old fluid that was still in spec for water <3%. The fluid in the calipers that gets bled out first will usually be darker since it’s seen heat.

You can ask the shop next time to provide you the empty bottles if you’re worried. I had a friend who worked at a BMW dealership (decades ago) and the mechanics would collect bottles of brake fluid on their benches since it was the most common thing to skip in a service.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
Got the car back from the 20,000 miles services. It said brake fluid had been replaced.
The left one is before service. The right one is after. I’m used to see transparent color when the fluid is brand new.
What do you think?

IMG_2499.jpeg
I had de same complains, but thry told me it is factory presciption that every 2 years or 30kkm you need to replace the brake fluid and airco fluid. Even with an EV, which I find very strange because you do not use your brake as much as with a ICE. They have to earn money... :(

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had de same complains, but thry told me it is factory presciption that every 2 years or 30kkm you need to replace the brake fluid and airco fluid. Even with an EV, which I find very strange because you do not use your brake as much as with a ICE. They have to earn money... :(
Brake fluid is hygroscopic -- regardless of brake use, the fluid is always absorbing moisture which will eventually lead to various problems. Here are a few prior posts on this topic.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Brake fluid is hygroscopic -- regardless of brake use, the fluid is always absorbing moisture which will eventually lead to various problems. Here are a few prior posts on this topic.
If this is the case then they should put in de 2 years services or at lease mentioning it when it need to be replaced and it will cost you 210 euro extra.
I ask if any addition cost to be expected and they said no extra costs to be expected. Finally they charged me 500 euro extra for the brake fluid and the airco... :(.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
If this is the case then they should put in de 2 years services or at lease mentioning it when it need to be replaced and it will cost you 210 euro extra.
I ask if any addition cost to be expected and they said no extra costs to be expected. Finally they charged me 500 euro extra for the brake fluid and the airco... :(.
Unfortunately that seems to be what the Porsche grges do now.

And it is not surprising at all. They are are a ser ice centre that happens to sell cars as well. In the old times they were going to get a large revenue stream from any car sold. Now they are selling an EV and no revenue.
Large garage , many ramps , lots of equipment, but no takers. So when a target comes in, guess what.???

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately that seems to be what the Porsche grges do now.

And it is not surprising at all. They are are a ser ice centre that happens to sell cars as well. In the old times they were going to get a large revenue stream from any car sold. Now they are selling an EV and no revenue.
Large garage , many ramps , lots of equipment, but no takers. So when a target comes in, guess what.???
I understand this, but they charge you already 615 euro's for just bringing the car into the garage.
I drove a Tesla model S and they visite you at home, check your car on distance, change you wippers, batterij, all present filters (incl. Hepro) and check your tires and break fluid. All inclusive for 299 euro.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Having just had the brake fluid changed as per the request of the PCM service notification the pedal feel is far more direct and positive. Any sponginess is gone and it feels more linear in response. The car is 2 years old and has 36.5k miles on it. Feels markedly better for having had it done.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
The two year brake fluid in a Porsche is a standard maintenance requirement across the brand. I did it myself and showed dealer proof I had bought the fluid & installed it.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
My quote included brake fluid, so fine. But once they'd got the car, the inspection report wants additional £££ for battery drains and aircon service. When i queried whether these needed doing, they said something along the lines of we don't know until we do it and if you don't do it and we've recommended it, then warranty for those components would be invalidated if a later problem.

They said it's standard practice to do this. Pretty shabby imho. It should all be in the original quote if they're going to 'add' these extra components whatever.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Country flag
"we don't know until we do it and if you don't do it and we've recommended it, then warranty for those components would be invalidated if a later problem."
And if you do not want to have trouble later on you let them do this service... But why do we call this service, because it is not free ?!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
And if you do not want to have trouble later on you let them do this service... But why do we call this service, because it is not free ?!
If these inspections are necessary every few years all well and good. But they should be made part of the standard maintenance schedule and include any extra costs. Or at very least when booking the service they should tell you their 'recommendations' at the time. What i object to is only being told there are other things that the car 'needs' as a matter of course once the dealer has it up on the ramp. Makes it rather hard to shop around then. I think its sharp practice.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
What do you think?

IMG_2499.jpeg
You may have bigger things to worry about than the brake fluid.......

I think they have actually switched your Taycan for another car.
It may look and feel the same to you, but something about those lines and the alloys is ringing alarm bells with me.
😀