GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
adding to the - highly unlikely at that mileage you will need either brakes or pads replacing.

When I clean mine, I use a product that dissolves brake dust turning it purple in the process. On regular cars the whole wheel goes purple but on my taycan there is hardly a trace.

I am up to 33k most of which are on major hoon mode and my standard brakes are showing hardly any wear. Other than for aesthetic reasons, I cannot understand why anyone would spec better than base brakes on a taycan for road use.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
adding to the - highly unlikely at that mileage you will need either brakes or pads replacing.

When I clean mine, I use a product that dissolves brake dust turning it purple in the process. On regular cars the whole wheel goes purple but on my taycan there is hardly a trace.

I am up to 33k most of which are on major hoon mode and my standard brakes are showing hardly any wear. Other than for aesthetic reasons, I cannot understand why anyone would spec better than base brakes on a taycan for road use.
More people should heed your advice - no need for anything more than standard brakes on a Taycan - waste of money and inviting squeaks...get the calipers painted if you wish to get the look!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
measure vs replace!! I wont change parts until they wear out.. dealer years ago on our cayenne wanted to do pads and rotors on all 4 corners! the pad warning light didnt even go off yet - why have a light? all it needed was front pads which i did myself - bought a caliper for measure and keep an eye on the pad thickness - wait till it gets to the sensor! Flush your fluid.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
If you read the thread this was resolved for the OP on page 3

Kortin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It's essential to check several options before making a decision. Those estimates do seem quite high, so it's worth exploring other options, check parts geek. Some folks have had success using non-Porsche shops, but it's important to check reviews and ensure they're reputable and use factory equipment. Getting quotes from multiple places can help you get a better idea of what's reasonable.
Sponsored

Last edited: