Bricked TTS - Goodwill Payment from PCNA

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Yes, I’m very sorry you are going thru this too. But I do think that’s a generous offer, even if it’s not really financially compensating you for your monthly costs and all. With the addition (assuming at the end) of the warranty extension for 2 years, I’d take that. In the end, i hope they get you up and running and happy again!
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Long story short: I've been without my 2020 Taycan Turbo S since mid-January of this year. It's been just about 4 months since I've been able to drive it. I had the dreaded red electrical fault and, since that time, it's been sitting at my local dealer awaiting a HV battery from Germany. I'm getting some conflicting information, but it appears that I will have a new HV battery and a working Taycan sometime between 2 to 4 weeks from now. I've been in a loaner Panamara since January.

I reached out to PCNA and, after several back and forths, was offered $12,000 and a 2 year limited warranty "in the spirit of customer satisfaction." I told the PNCA rep that this was insufficient given 1) I still don't have a date certain for the return of my car, 2) my actual out of pocket expenses are hovering right around $12,000, nevermind any "customer satisfaction" payment, and 3) I know for a fact that some members of this forum have been offered more for similar problems on cars with a drastically lower MSRP and monthly payment. PCNA's response: sorry, that's our best offer.

Before I escalate the situation, I was wondering if anyone can share similar experiences with PCNA. Specifically, I'd like to know other goodwill payment amounts others have received who have been in a similar situation. Please feel free to DM me if you don't want to post publicly. I know that PCNA often times requires signing a confidentiality agreement. Also, if anyone has gone through the arbitration process, I'm curious how that played out.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm beyond frustrated with PCNA, their lack of transparency, poor communication, and terrible customer service. All I really want is my car back in working order. I had zero issues over almost 2 years until it became a $200k+ paperweight. Thanks!

IMG_1267 copy.jpg
First, I feel bad for the frustration that you are going through. I, like you and a lot of others would think that Porsche would open a communication process to handle these types of situations even if it is just to ease their customers frustrations and fears. A lot of bad will can be nullified by open conversation.

What is much, much more concerning is that you and others are approaching the end of their warranty period - as am I. Yes, the battery warranty is longer but what happens when a motor goes out, or something happens to any other operating system that bricks the car? Are we then stuck with a very expensive paperweight??? Now, most cars are operating properly and everything is good...............let's say for 90% of the cars. Just imagine an airline saying, 'don't fret, 90% of our flights don't crash'! Yikes! I think that I'll walk. Just reading your story, as well as a few others gets me thinking that at the end of the warranty it is time to start looking for a replacement.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I asked the dealer about this very concern. Their recommendation was to get an extended warranty before Porsche 4 yrs runs out. I too thought about replacement options and the funny thing is the resale value best case $110K for TS and their desire for that car was very low. Keeping the car and getting an extended warranty seems a reasonable choice given what we may have lost in depreciation.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Long story short: I've been without my 2020 Taycan Turbo S since mid-January of this year. It's been just about 4 months since I've been able to drive it. I had the dreaded red electrical fault and, since that time, it's been sitting at my local dealer awaiting a HV battery from Germany.
I feel for you! I have the same problem since 19 Feb 2023. Just a Taycan 4S+ MY2020, but in China that costs the same as yours. I also have no feedback, when it will be fixed.

Yesterday I bought a new EV of another brand, order locked in 3 days, delivery in 2 weeks. How on earth can Porsche build and sell a car, which cannot be fixed in a timely manner?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yes, but you are getting the use of a panamera for free, so it's not entirely a complete loss of money for you in essence.

I suspect in the UK you'd get a shitty audi hire car and the offer of a free mug or cap. I'd have their arm off with the goodwill gesture they've made to you. I think it's pretty generous.
True, but once you are used to stealth EV driving, any ICE sucks, if you are not into it.

I got the Audi treatment, 3 weeks after the car broke down on a city highway! Makes me feel a bit better, that I don't have suffer alone. :rolleyes:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
True, but once you are used to stealth EV driving, any ICE sucks, if you are not into it.
I had a 991.1 Targa 4S - arguably one of the greatest 911s. And once I got used to the wife's EV, it felt slow and broken.

I just can't go back to ICE.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I had a 991.1 Targa 4S - arguably one of the greatest 911s. And once I got used to the wife's EV, it felt slow and broken.

I just can't go back to ICE.
Exactly!

I drove the Audi A4 loaner back home (3km) parked it there and never touched it. I'd rather put up with my wife's MS90D junk. 2 more weeks, then I have a new EV.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel for you! I have the same problem since 19 Feb 2023. Just a Taycan 4S+ MY2020, but in China that costs the same as yours. I also have no feedback, when it will be fixed.

Yesterday I bought a new EV of another brand, order locked in 3 days, delivery in 2 weeks. How on earth can Porsche build and sell a car, which cannot be fixed in a timely manner?
It can be fixed in a timely manner. They just choose not to prioritize that by:

1) minimizing the parts inventory in each country/region (to save money)
and
2) not prioritize repair parts when there are supply chain constraints (to prioritize new cars instead)

And all this while the car is quite likely the least reliable Porsche in recent history.

What was the "increased margin" program called again? Road to 20?

It's beyond frustrating.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It can be fixed in a timely manner. They just choose not to prioritize that by:

1) minimizing the parts inventory in each country/region (to save money)
and
2) not prioritize repair parts when there are supply chain constraints (to prioritize new cars instead)

And all this while the car is quite likely the least reliable Porsche in recent history.

What was the "increased margin" program called again? Road to 20?

It's beyond frustrating.
Thank you! You just made me feel so much better! o_O

The frustration is so high over here, because buying a 4S+ in China set me back 1.4m RMB or 220k USD at the time. So much money, but hey, you can't take it with it. Now it feels like a rip off, considering how much money Porsche makes in China. Think about it: a well spect TTS goes for almost half a million USD.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

The frustration is so high over here, because buying a 4S+ in China set me back 1.4m RMB or 220k USD at the time. So much money, but hey, you can't take it with it. Now it feels like a rip off, considering how much money Porsche makes in China. Think about it: a well spect TTS goes for almost half a million USD.
You'd think that for a market that is selling so many Porsche (their biggest market now, I think), and also at such a high price, they'd decide to keep an adequate stock of replacement parts in inventory locally...

Nevermind that it's also the market quickly heating up to be the most challenging and with the most dangerous competitors.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
You'd think that for a market that is selling so many Porsche (their biggest market now, I think), and also at such a high price, they'd decide to keep an adequate stock of replacement parts in inventory locally...

Nevermind that it's also the market quickly heating up to be the most challenging and with the most dangerous competitors.
I think 'Just in time' supply chains will be 'definitely not on time' supply chains for quite some time. Not what you expect from a premium brand.

2 month wait and counting for a gizmo for my Range Rover btw, so Porsche far from alone.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think 'Just in time' supply chains will be 'definitely not on time' supply chains for quite some time. Not what you expect from a premium brand.

2 month wait and counting for a gizmo for my Range Rover btw, so Porsche far from alone.
During and right after the pandemic? No worries - we all got taken for ride by that one.

But it is 2023 and they have been making tens of thousands of new cars. They have the parts now, they are just choosing to stick them into new cars vs. putting some into inventory regionally.

Taycan1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Long story short: I've been without my 2020 Taycan Turbo S since mid-January of this year. It's been just about 4 months since I've been able to drive it. I had the dreaded red electrical fault and, since that time, it's been sitting at my local dealer awaiting a HV battery from Germany. I'm getting some conflicting information, but it appears that I will have a new HV battery and a working Taycan sometime between 2 to 4 weeks from now. I've been in a loaner Panamara since January.

I reached out to PCNA and, after several back and forths, was offered $12,000 and a 2 year limited warranty "in the spirit of customer satisfaction." I told the PNCA rep that this was insufficient given 1) I still don't have a date certain for the return of my car, 2) my actual out of pocket expenses are hovering right around $12,000, nevermind any "customer satisfaction" payment, and 3) I know for a fact that some members of this forum have been offered more for similar problems on cars with a drastically lower MSRP and monthly payment. PCNA's response: sorry, that's our best offer.

Before I escalate the situation, I was wondering if anyone can share similar experiences with PCNA. Specifically, I'd like to know other goodwill payment amounts others have received who have been in a similar situation. Please feel free to DM me if you don't want to post publicly. I know that PCNA often times requires signing a confidentiality agreement. Also, if anyone has gone through the arbitration process, I'm curious how that played out.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm beyond frustrated with PCNA, their lack of transparency, poor communication, and terrible customer service. All I really want is my car back in working order. I had zero issues over almost 2 years until it became a $200k+ paperweight. Thanks!

IMG_1267 copy.jpg
I’ve had the same problem with my 2020
Taycan Turbo. Been on the shop since Jan 12. Battery just arrived yesterday. Was offered only $8k goodwill payment.

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Single owner car. When collected the car, it had less than 25 miles on it. I averaged about 1,000mi/mo., so I had give or take 20,000mi on my TTS when it crapped out. Zero issues with the car over the first almost 2 years of ownership.

Came back from a short trip away where it hadn't been driven for about 4 days (it was plugged in to the Porsche wall unit while I was gone). Went to start it up and got the dreaded, red "Electrical system error, Park vehicle in a safe place." Flat bed to local dealer. They could not replicate the issue over a few days. Car back to me. First time I tried to start it, same system error. Flat bed back to local dealer. This time, they could not get the car to start either nor could they clear the error. After a few days and some back and forth between dealer and the mothership, they were told I need a new HV battery. Battery was ordered probably beginning to mid-February. Still waiting for it's arrival. I'm told the battery should arrive end of April to mid-May.

As to why the proposed solution was replacement of the entire HV battery vs. faulty cell replacement, I don't know. I know some on this forum had very similar issues and had a cell replaced vs. the entire battery. That's the story in a nutshell.
What P oughta be doing is WHOLESALE FIRING their entire software engineering team. They can't write critical systems code for shit and it's literally costing P millions and millions and tanking their rep in certain fairly influential circles. I expect some upper level management restructuring after the dust settles at that place. W the actual F...? As my grandfather would say (he got it from Bugs Bunny), what a way to run a railroad.......

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag

sorry to hear you still haven't got your Taycan back, but hope everything will work out just fine, and what did you end up taking for a new EV?
and I read a post on social media (can't remember the source) that for every 2 new Panamera sold globally, 1 is from China mainland despite that there might be a low volume in total, but still that's insane how they manage to profit (milk) from one single market. probably the same goes with ferrari, lambo, aston and rolls in China
Sponsored