KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
The car arrived at the port of Benicia on 6/27. From what I understand, the amp was received within the last day or so, and the car will be brought to the dealership tomorrow. It's not clear to me whether the amp will be installed at the dealership after it arrives there tomorrow, or whether the amp will be installed in Benicia prior to being brought to the dealership, but either way it sounds like I will have car + amp at dealership tomorrow. I will go by on Saturday to have my first look at it.
Well, its good to know they are shipping amps out. Sounds like the factory proactively shipped yours to your home port where I understand an order for my short amp didn’t happen until it arrived at my dealer and they ordered or got authorization to order the amp.
My parts/service department don’t seem to have any visibility to when the part will arrive unlike yours who had a clue. Frustrating in the seemingly lack of interest in my dealer to get this done.
Sponsored

Palyndrome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GTS
Country flag
Got my dealer yesterday for an update on my car (delivery was planned May 28). He told me that he has 12 Taycan waiting for a Bose amp that are produced but blocked by Porsche at the factory.
It seems that the shortage doesn't affect only the Burmester amp.
The estimated date given by the factory is September 16 ...

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Got my dealer yesterday for an update on my car (delivery was planned May 28). He told me that he has 12 Taycan waiting for an Bose amp that are produced but blocked by Porsche at the factory.
It seems that the shortage doesn't affect only the Burmester amp.
The estimated date given by the factory is September 16 ...
I was advised by my dealer in April that Bose was flagged up on their system as an extra 6 weeks delay (and racetex B-pillar indefinite delay) so I dropped them both.
Unfortunately I have been hit by a delay of other thing(s) since, maybe the 12V battery shortage but when I said I should have kept the Bose she said it was still flagged as an extra delay.
Sponsored