kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
There seems to be a consistent bug when setting timers to heat the car with the charging option disabled - it still charges. This has happened a few times and thinking it was user error I took screenshots to confirm. The first image shows what I configured in the app, the second shows what the app thought was happening (curiously showing it was adding 0 miles per minute to reach full charge at 12:28!) and the last image shows the display in the car (charging at 6.9kW to reach full charge at 12:28). The last image was taken just after the screenshot on my mobile, so it’s strange that the SoC went from 85% to 84%.

Starting the heating directly from the app rather than using a timer doesn’t initiate charging.

Anyone else experienced this?

Porsche Taycan Car charging on a heating (only) timer IMG_2878

Porsche Taycan Car charging on a heating (only) timer IMG_2879

Porsche Taycan Car charging on a heating (only) timer IMG_2881

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
You might need an active Profile (set to 'Optimised charging' - not 'prefered charging window') with a minimum SoC below your current SoC - without an active profile I believe it will charge to 100%.

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Ah thanks, checking that I see that the general profile is disabled - I think that may have happened in messing about (unsuccessfully) trying to get Intelligent Octopus to work properly …

My general profile has a minimum charge of 25%, but I do have a preferred charging period which I think I need to keep for the cheap overnight electricity. Anyway, I’ll enable this profile and let you know 🙂

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
… and that seems to have fixed it, thanks again!

I don’t really follow why it was charging the car when the charging option on the timer was disabled, but hey - it works 😊

Salty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There seems to be a consistent bug when setting timers to heat the car with the charging option disabled - it still charges. This has happened a few times and thinking it was user error I took screenshots to confirm. The first image shows what I configured in the app, the second shows what the app thought was happening (curiously showing it was adding 0 miles per minute to reach full charge at 12:28!) and the last image shows the display in the car (charging at 6.9kW to reach full charge at 12:28). The last image was taken just after the screenshot on my mobile, so it’s strange that the SoC went from 85% to 84%.

Starting the heating directly from the app rather than using a timer doesn’t initiate charging.

IMG_2878.png

IMG_2879.png

IMG_2881.jpeg

IMG_2878.png

IMG_2879.png

IMG_2881.jpeg
Unfortunately I can’t offer any advice in your particular situation as I am finding the App really difficult to understand myself.
I have an Acive profile set for home which is set for 85% max charge. This has worked well in the past with my Hypervolt Pro3 charger.
Yesterday at 1800 I set the timer to have the car charged (from 16%) and pre heated for a departure time of 1530.
It immediately started charging and was completed when I checked at 0600 this morning. Then at about 13:30 today I get a notification from “intelligent climate control” to go to my app and start the pre conditioning process.
The car is going in for its PCM software update next week and I’m booked in for a Masterclass. Hopefully it will shed some light on your problem and mine.