Car suddenly out of sync and can't enable my profile

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I received my Taycan a few weeks ago, and when I received it I linked my Porsche ID to the car, without any particular problem.

Suddenly since a few days, my profile appears "greyed out" in the car, and I'm stuck in guest mode (impossible to create a new profile, nor to select mine). Of course, I can't manage the car from the App anymore.

I've seen some similar threads on the forum, but usually the problem was present from the 1st day, with the red SOS button led... In my case the led is green.

I contacted the Porsche Connect service department, which made me take pictures etc.. They wanted me to unlink the car from my Porsche ID, but the "Account" menu in setting does not appear anymore.

Has anyone ever had the case of the car suddenly going out of sync?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
do you know how to reboot the system?
you put two fingers in the top right corner and drag them diagonally down to the left corner.
try that before rushing in to the service center.

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
do you know how to reboot the system?
you put two fingers in the top right corner and drag them diagonally down to the left corner.
try that before rushing in to the service center.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, even after a complete reboot of the PCM, the problem persists

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, even after a complete reboot of the PCM, the problem persists
oh well, obviously it is some sort of glitch, others have had it as well, maybe they know a fix

SDSoccerdad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The same issue popped up on mine today. I have not rebooted yet. Had the s/w update installed last week. Dealership had to keep the care (MY 21 4S) an additional day as my iPhone w/n connect. They fixed that issue, and everything was working fine until this morning. @Baguette I look forward to hearing what you find out about any possible fix.

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The same issue popped up on mine today. I have not rebooted yet. Had the s/w update installed last week. Dealership had to keep the care (MY 21 4S) an additional day as my iPhone w/n connect. They fixed that issue, and everything was working fine until this morning. @Baguette I look forward to hearing what you find out about any possible fix.
Sorry to hear that you are also impacted. Didn't find any solution yet, I make my trips in guest mode...

I thought it would not change much, but there are functions that are not available (smart lift for example).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry to hear that you are also impacted. Didn't find any solution yet, I make my trips in guest mode...

I thought it would not change much, but there are functions that are not available (smart lift for example).
I think we've all experienced this 'feature' once in a while which in some cases will clear itself. Try locking and unlocking the car with the spare key (this was my fix some months ago) to see if that clears it. Then unlock with your primary key and see if it recognises you.

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think we've all experienced this 'feature' once in a while which in some cases will clear itself. Try locking and unlocking the car with the spare key (this was my fix some months ago) to see if that clears it. Then unlock with your primary key and see if it recognises you.
That's what I tried first (I thought it didn't recognize the profile attached to my key), but even testing with both keys it doesn't change anything. But thanks anyway for the suggestion :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's what I tried first (I thought it didn't recognize the profile attached to my key), but even testing with both keys it doesn't change anything. But thanks anyway for the suggestion :)
That's a pity. It could potentially be an issue with the OTA module (several folk on the forum have had theirs replaced at least once) or weak cell reception.

There is also an option to completely reset the PCM (not a reboot) and effectively start over. You may lose some settings in the process but many are still saved against your Porsche ID. I've done this once before too and then ran the Setup Assistant to add my Porsche ID back in.

Final thought - have you checked that Privacy Mode has been disabled?

Porsche Taycan Car suddenly out of sync and can't enable my profile 1627922211205

SDSoccerdad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's a pity. It could potentially be an issue with the OTA module (several folk on the forum have had theirs replaced at least once) or weak cell reception.

There is also an option to completely reset the PCM (not a reboot) and effectively start over. You may lose some settings in the process but many are still saved against your Porsche ID. I've done this once before too and then ran the Setup Assistant to add my Porsche ID back in.

1627922211205.png
Interestingly, my iPhone connects and CarPlay works fine. On my phone, it says there is no internet connection when I look at the Bluetooth connection to the Taycan network. I am hopeful it corrects itself just as the error message did regarding SOS module that said I needed to take it in for service

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

1627922211205.png
Yes, the privacy mode is disabled (and by the way, all the content of the "Porsche Connect" page including the privacy mode is grayed out, I can't even activate it if I want to). I haven't tried the reset yet, I was hoping to have a "cleaner" fix from Porsche before... But if it takes too long, it's certainly the next step to test.

The cell reception looks OK (4/5 bars according to the car + the SOS is green).

Interestingly, my iPhone connects and CarPlay works fine. On my phone, it says there is no internet connection when I look at the Bluetooth connection to the Taycan network. I am hopeful it corrects itself just as the error message did regarding SOS module that said I needed to take it in for service
CarPlay also works flawlessly here. However I'm curious about this bluetooth internet connection thing : my iPhone has always used its own cellular connection for internet access when in CarPlay mode (and it was the same in my Audi before). Is there anyone who has the internet connection going through bluetooth when CarPlay is active?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, the privacy mode is disabled (and by the way, all the content of the "Porsche Connect" page including the privacy mode is grayed out, I can't even activate it if I want to). I haven't tried the reset yet, I was hoping to have a "cleaner" fix from Porsche before... But if it takes too long, it's certainly the next step to test.

The cell reception looks OK (4/5 bars according to the car + the SOS is green).

CarPlay also works flawlessly here. However I'm curious about this bluetooth internet connection thing : my iPhone has always used its own cellular connection for internet access when in CarPlay mode (and it was the same in my Audi before). Is there anyone who has the internet connection going through bluetooth when CarPlay is active?
So I'd go Factory Reset then. I was instructed to do this by the Porsche Connect Team and it worked out fine.

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So I'd go Factory Reset then. I was instructed to do this by the Porsche Connect Team and it worked out fine.
Ended up trying the factory reset a few minutes ago.. Didn't go well : Upon reboot the PCM asked me to re-link my phone, etc, but didn't asked me to link my Porche ID.. Still locked our in guest mode..

Looks like the only way will be to wait for Porsche Connect to provide an answer now..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ended up trying the factory reset a few minutes ago.. Didn't go well : Upon reboot the PCM asked me to re-link my phone, etc, but didn't asked me to link my Porche ID.. Still locked our in guest mode..

Looks like the only way will be to wait for Porsche Connect to provide an answer now..
Do you have a secondary Porsche ID set up?

If you can run the Setup Assistant then use the secondary account.

OP
OP
Baguette

Baguette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Do you have a secondary Porsche ID set up?

If you can run the Setup Assistant then use the secondary account.
I do not. The setup Assistant only wants me to connect a phone. It does not ask for a Porsche ID nor my name. Each time I create a "new" profil on it I just lands in Guest Mode and no new profil is created..
Sponsored